Runescape has gone to the dogs

blackeagle4

I play Runescape to Relax, and have been doing so, on and off, for the better part of 10 years, when i want nice competition i play other games: Starcraft 1 and 2, Halo 3/Reach, Call of Duty.

I don't play these to relax because they're action games, generally you need quick reflexes and precision to compete, and i do fairly well.

I DON'T play Runescape for Competition, because the only way to compete is to play more, the game requires very little skill in ALL aspects, and i believe this is the basis of most MMO's ad they don't competely rely on Rexflexes or APM or any of those things.

The reason I'm angry is because I can't even relax and make some money on RS (Boss Hunt) without some guy who's no-lifed max everything coming in and ruining my fun, I can only Imagine what it's like for anyone with lower stats than mine, next to Impossible i assume.

Why hasn't Jagex made bosses Instanced? It would be as simple as 'Anyone with ........ Rank can join instanced bosses, as long as they are in your Clanchat'

To me that doesn't sound very hard, and instancing is possible in RS (Jad, Nomad etc).

At the moment 90%+ of members worlds are in use for Bandos GWD, of that 90%, 90% are maxed melee, with Rapier OVL and Yaks

Even going to Tormented Demons turns into a [cabbage]fight very quickly, if you're winning against a 'crasher' they simply lure all the demons on to you.

'Get better gear' is what i need to do, and i need GP to do so.. so I'm killing bosses.. but i need better gear!

Jagex should not update RS for like 6 months, and just re-create everything in the game.. make EVERYTHING up to date. instead of that patchwork that current RS is.

black_eagle4.png

ALSO the Random number generator needs to be fixed.. as well as the useless rare drops (d spear/left half)

Having the Drop system of all the hardest bosses.. and in turn the best armour (excl Nex) seems counterproductive... would it really be a bad thing if everyone with 65 defence had/could afford bandos? i dont think so..

black_eagle4.png

So... You're mad because people who have worked on their stats longer than you can crash you? And to accomodate your problem with this, Runescape should be recreated?

LOL

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

So... You're mad because people who have worked on their stats longer than you can crash you? And to accomodate your problem with this, Runescape should be recreated?

LOL

IT's more along the lines of.. everybody should have a chance to do Bossing.. without getting Crashed by a couple of maxed players

black_eagle4.png

LOL

IT's more along the lines of.. everybody should have a chance to do Bossing.. without getting Crashed by a couple of maxed players

So, in other words, make instanced bosses, and have bandos items worth pretty much nothing because everyone can do it. Makes sense to me! Let's do it!!! BANDOS PROFIT!!! :rolleyes:

It would be nice if there were more instanced areas in the game. And oftentimes the most well-received updates are the ones that aren't new content but reworks/fixes of old content. So I agree with your point that they should focus on revisiting old content for a while, rather than creating new content.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

And oftentimes the most well-received updates are the ones that aren't new content but reworks/fixes of old content.

This is true, except when they try to fix what isn't broken. ;)

[hide]

[/hide]

I DON'T play Runescape for Competition, because the only way to compete is to play more, the game requires very little skill in ALL aspects, and i believe this is the basis of most MMO's ad they don't competely rely on Rexflexes or APM or any of those things.

You don't play Runescape for competition, so don't be surprised when you can't compete against other boss hunters.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You don't play Runescape for competition, so don't be surprised when you can't compete against other boss hunters.

I was gonna point that out, but you beat me to it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Why hasn't Jagex made bosses Instanced?

Because drops would crash hard.

Of course, not all drops would. Practically no one does Armadyl GWD or Zamorak GWD anyway, so those items will hardly be affected (except perhaps increased demand). But if you look at something like Bandos GWD, the limited number of available bosses at any given moment is a limited factor that impacts the price of Bandos GWD items.

Imo, most Runescape bosses aren't very fun anyway. If you want fun, challenging, AND instanced bosses, go to Dungeoneering.

Barrows isn't as lucrative as other bosses. However, it doesn't require much focus and you get your own spawn. You could try that for a bit.

Also "lol" at CoD being "competitive."

Edited by krimi

Barrows isn't as lucrative as other bosses. However, it doesn't require much focus and you get your own spawn. You could try that for a bit.

Call of Duty is competitive. It isn't particularly deep, but it is competitive.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Do you not play againts other people in Cod?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

LOL

way to not look at OPs stats, hes just about maxed.

Support, maybe not the current bosses, but new bosses (DG boss resource dungeons PLEASE JAGEX PLEASE), with numerous common (1/20-100 depending on kill rate) mid priced drops (1-5m) and a few rare (1/1000+) expensive drops.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

LOL

way to not look at OPs stats, hes just about maxed.

Support, maybe not the current bosses, but new bosses (DG boss resource dungeons PLEASE JAGEX PLEASE), with numerous common (1/20-100 depending on kill rate) mid priced drops (1-5m) and a few rare (1/1000+) expensive drops.

He's lacking in dungeoneering, which at TD's gives crashers a big advantage. And it was he who said that those who had no-lifed their stats, implying they had worked on their stats longer.

[hide]

[/hide]

Runescape has gone to the dogs.

All dogs go to heaven.

Heaven is awesome.

Therefore, Runescape is awesome. You can't argue with logic.

I c wut u did thar

[hide]

[/hide]

I like how you insult maxed players when the only thing you're missing is a chaotic weapon. How are you any less "no-life" than me?

Anyway, I don't understand why people think Runescape isn't competitive. The fact that you felt compelled to make this thread proves otherwise. You should like, get better at MHing so a) you can't be crashed and b) you stop making stupid threads.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

then how is it that you are getting crashed? shouldn't it be 50:50 if what you said is true?

I like how you insult maxed players when the only thing you're missing is a chaotic weapon. How are you any less "no-life" than me?

Because i've worked on my account through the better part of 10 years, and not pointing directly at anyone here, but i know a lot of people maxed with chaotic etc etc are under 5 years for total account lifespan.

Also i don't have yak/titan.

To be honest having GWD bosses instanced would only be good for the player-base in total, having more bandos/armadyl armour in the game would mean players are more likely to have it when they reach the level req, and may push Jagex towards creating higher leveled armours,

I think it's a bit silly the highest end armour only requires 80 defence, thats 2/13 million experience for the currently best armour set

Most can't afford this so go for bandos... which you need level 65, under 1 million defence experience to wear, or barrows at level 70.. around the 750k xp mark

Increasing the amount of these armours coming in to the game would deffinately crash the price of the gear, but i think it would be reasonable considering the stats of the gear, and level requirement.

Off topic, but Graardor [cabbage]s me to tears some days :wall:

black_eagle4.png

then how is it that you are getting crashed? shouldn't it be 50:50 if what you said is true?

If it's a 1v1 scenario, then yeah the kills generally go 50:50 (i use defender, where others use shields)

However a lot of the time people also have dfeenders, and just better gear (chaotics, fury, etc) which comes down to grinding certain things for money/experience, not in skill

Oh, and getting crashed by duo/trio teams is next to impossible to win... as at least one of their team will always have full special, and i'd have to constantly chug spec recovers to compete

black_eagle4.png