Should the Chaos, Nature, and law talismans and altars be used by Fp2 Players?

Deathscythe

Should the Chaos, Nature, and law talismans and altars be used by Fp2 Players?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Chaos, Nature, and law talismans and altars be used by Fp2 Players?

Ok so all runecrafters Runecrafting in the f2p your limited level 20 while as p2p gets all the Runecrafting levels which in my case or for everyone who is in the f2pworld it sucks. The fact that wf2p players cant use or get talismans like Chaos, Nature, and law talismans or there altars is simply well not fun and we have to pay for the Chaos, Nature, and law runes but that only if you have the funds to buy them. So what do you think should Jagex make runescape let f2p player use Chaos, Nature, and law talismans and altars?

Sonic9.png

There's not really a convincing argument.

It makes sense to let f2p'ers craft all their own runes that they can use. Yes, it does make sense...until you consider that the nature and law altars are in members areas. In addition, well a massive increase in supply, the prices of such runes would crash. This really isn't a good thing since nature and laws are such an integral part of the economy.

And that's all ignoring the whole "f2p doesn't deserve updates" thing that someone will mention at some point.

Mmm, the law altar one is just on an island that you get to by talking to monks that exist in F2P. I don't think giving F2P Etrana for laws would be that bad imo. Not the basement part with the dramen tree.

Chaos altar could easily be added.

Nature altar however, seems far to embedded in P2P imo. I don't mind the concept of F2P being able to craft all their own runes, but some of the altars are just too embedded in P2P areas. I'd say the chaos altar would be reasonable though; they have to use the maze and go through the wilde. P2P, the abyss skips the maze and they have the underground non-wilde entrance if they REALLY want.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Law runs is fair enough, especially since it provides f2p with something that has higher raw exp than fire runes.

Chaos runes are an absolute pain in the ass to craft without any shortcuts, so giving f2p the ability to craft them probably won't change anything.

Natures should stay members only, it just wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Law runs is fair enough, especially since it provides f2p with something that has higher raw exp than fire runes.

Chaos runes are an absolute pain in the ass to craft without any shortcuts, so giving f2p the ability to craft them probably won't change anything.

That basically sums up my thoughts.

It makes sense to let f2p'ers craft all their own runes that they can use. Yes, it does make sense...until you consider that the nature and law altars are in members areas. In addition, well a massive increase in supply, the prices of such runes would crash. This really isn't a good thing since nature and laws are such an integral part of the economy.

And that's all ignoring the whole "f2p doesn't deserve updates" thing that someone will mention at some point.

That's your theory if F2p players had the Chaos, nature and law altars and talismans the price for those runes would drop quickly.

They'd have to move those altars or give f2p lots of new areas.

They don't have to do that just open up brimheaven but don't make f2p players any of the buildings.

Mmm, the law altar one is just on an island that you get to by talking to monks that exist in F2P. I don't think giving F2P Etrana for laws would be that bad imo. Not the basement part with the dramen tree.

Chaos altar could easily be added.

Nature altar however, seems far to embedded in P2P imo. I don't mind the concept of F2P being able to craft all their own runes, but some of the altars are just too embedded in P2P areas. I'd say the chaos altar would be reasonable though; they have to use the maze and go through the wilde. P2P, the abyss skips the maze and they have the underground non-wilde entrance if they REALLY want.

Huh? there's a dramen tree? But anyway I agree with that opinion.

Thats only from your point of view because youre a P2P player not f2p like I am, fp2 is like a trail period when you become a p2p player you get the everything. The fact is f2p players use these runes it only fair that these talismans and altars been used

That basically sums up my thoughts.

Whatever dude.

L2Payforcheapmembership.

What?

Sonic9.png

That's your theory if F2p players had the Chaos, nature and law altars and talismans the price for those runes would drop quickly.

Essentially, yes. If f2p players had access to Nature and Law altars (Chaos to a much lesser extent for reasons mentioned in this thread already), a TON more people would be able to craft them. Add that sheer brute number to the amount of bots that would quickly seize the opportunity, and the prices of nats and laws will plummet.

Now, if something like maple logs plummeted in price, it wouldn't really have too big of an impact on the economy as a whole. They would either be used to make maple longbows, which rarely anyone does unless they can't make yew longs or can't make broad bolts, or are used to firemake, in which case they disappear for circulation altogether.

But laws and natures are way too important. How many people cast High Alchemy to train mage? By tampering with the price of natures, you'd also directly impact the prices of all popular items people buy to alch. Each one of these items could potentially branch of into more. For example, adamant platebodies are a common alching item. If natures went down, the price of addy plates would obviously go up. When those increase, the price of adamant bars most likely would too. That impacts the prices of adamant ore and coal, as well as other related activities such as Aviansies. If you make Aviansies more profitable, you start impacting the ranging market, etc. The list could go on, and this is just for the impact on adamant platebodies, let alone items such as longbows and other smithed items. You could also throw the Superheat Item into the mix, which would make ore prices rise accordingly since many people train magic with superheat item.

While I'm all for making the game more enjoyable for all players, f2p or p2p, this idea has way too many hidden traps like this that must be addressed, or the idea would have to be scrapped.

^ Said it far more elegantly than I was about to.

As a free player, it /would/ be nice to have a reason to train Runecrafting past 50/56 (other than total levels). I'm all for more viable money making alternatives for free players, but as mentioned - it would soon be over run by bots (have a look at the FtP Water Altar/Yews for instance).

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

double post, sorry :(

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

They don't have to do that just open up brimheaven but don't make f2p players any of the buildings.

Nature Altar is just north of Shilo Village...

Other than that, yes, f2p should have laws+chaos.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

I don't really approve of this idea...

Chaos? Wouldn't change f2p rcing in any way.

Nature? You're basically asking for natures to crash.

Law? Dunno about this one but aren't laws easy enough to buy anyway?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Essentially, yes. If f2p players had access to Nature and Law altars (Chaos to a much lesser extent for reasons mentioned in this thread already), a TON more people would be able to craft them. Add that sheer brute number to the amount of bots that would quickly seize the opportunity, and the prices of nats and laws will plummet.

Now, if something like maple logs plummeted in price, it wouldn't really have too big of an impact on the economy as a whole. They would either be used to make maple longbows, which rarely anyone does unless they can't make yew longs or can't make broad bolts, or are used to firemake, in which case they disappear for circulation altogether.

But laws and natures are way too important. How many people cast High Alchemy to train mage? By tampering with the price of natures, you'd also directly impact the prices of all popular items people buy to alch. Each one of these items could potentially branch of into more. For example, adamant platebodies are a common alching item. If natures went down, the price of addy plates would obviously go up. When those increase, the price of adamant bars most likely would too. That impacts the prices of adamant ore and coal, as well as other related activities such as Aviansies. If you make Aviansies more profitable, you start impacting the ranging market, etc. The list could go on, and this is just for the impact on adamant platebodies, let alone items such as longbows and other smithed items. You could also throw the Superheat Item into the mix, which would make ore prices rise accordingly since many people train magic with superheat item.

While I'm all for making the game more enjoyable for all players, f2p or p2p, this idea has way too many hidden traps like this that must be addressed, or the idea would have to be scrapped.

Whoa didnt know that, something would have to done about people using bots banning doesnt help so you can only ban by IP address.

^ Said it far more elegantly than I was about to.

As a free player, it /would/ be nice to have a reason to train Runecrafting past 50/56 (other than total levels). I'm all for more viable money making alternatives for free players, but as mentioned - it would soon be over run by bots (have a look at the FtP Water Altar/Yews for instance).

That would be nice.

Nature Altar is just north of Shilo Village...

Other than that, yes, f2p should have laws+chaos.

What if there was a ship that took f2p players to the shipyard then go through the gates there should be a ford(shallow water form exile 3: ruined world) there for player to cross then head north.

I don't really approve of this idea...

Chaos? Wouldn't change f2p rcing in any way.

Nature? You're basically asking for natures to crash.

Law? Dunno about this one but aren't laws easy enough to buy anyway?

Nature runes to crash like how?

Sonic9.png

Deathscythe...Botters tend to sell nats 5% below the current price so they sell quick.

Can you imagine 100.000 botters making about 5-10k nats per day for 5% less everyday?

That means nats will crash into oblivion.

It already happened since a part off the botters are members, seeing as nats used to be 300-350 gp each.

...f2p having to access to a massive void of p2p area for a single alter nowhere near a bank, it would probably take even longer than crafting chaos runes without a shortcut. Also, something tells me Jagex isn't going to screw up the current (balanced) location of the nature alter for the sake of f2p. It isn't practical.

Deathscythe...Botters tend to sell nats 5% below the current price so they sell quick.

Can you imagine 100.000 botters making about 5-10k nats per day for 5% less everyday?

That means nats will crash into oblivion.

It already happened since a part off the botters are members, seeing as nats used to be 300-350 gp each.

Like I said Jagex needs to do something about people using bots you can't ban there player normally so they would have to ban people by IP address.

...f2p having to access to a massive void of p2p area for a single alter nowhere near a bank, it would probably take even longer than crafting chaos runes without a shortcut. Also, something tells me Jagex isn't going to screw up the current (balanced) location of the nature alter for the sake of f2p. It isn't practical.

Maybe, maybe not. But at lease the idea is on the table.

Sonic9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Chaos Talisman/Altar --- Sure, as enough resources for this are all in F2P. The Wildy more-or-less balances for possible issues with bots and such. Further, this is the only altar of the three in question that could safely be changed to Normal Rune Essence from its' Pure Essence variant. :thumbsup:

Law Talisman/Altar --- Maybe, seeing as most F2P'ers would be forced to bank everything first. Yes, including their Cabbage-Porting "Exp. Ring 3"... This one could be considered a touchy situation, at best. Beware serious botting here, however. :-k

Nature Talisman/Altar --- Unless Jagex was going to re-balance things here, it would get out of hand, seeing as poison isn't part of the F2P game system. Botting would run wild on this route, so I think this would be extremely unlikely to happen. :notalk:

There is, however, one stopper with this whole mess... Pure Rune Essence. Unless Jagex was willing to allow one or more of these altars to once-again use Normal Rune Essence, F2P wouldn't be able to do anything at all. So there's one for all of us to think very seriously about, as there would be a definite impact caused by changes to any of these. :geek:

~D. V. "If you wish for change, beware the possible impact!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Chaos Talisman/Altar --- Sure, as enough resources for this are all in F2P. The Wildy more-or-less balances for possible issues with bots and such. Further, this is the only altar of the three in question that could safely be changed to Normal Rune Essence from its' Pure Essence variant. :thumbsup:

Law Talisman/Altar --- Maybe, seeing as most F2P'ers would be forced to bank everything first. Yes, including their Cabbage-Porting "Exp. Ring 3"... This one could be considered a touchy situation, at best. Beware serious botting here, however. :-k

Nature Talisman/Altar --- Unless Jagex was going to re-balance things here, it would get out of hand, seeing as poison isn't part of the F2P game system. Botting would run wild on this route, so I think this would be extremely unlikely to happen. :notalk:

There is, however, one stopper with this whole mess... Pure Rune Essence. Unless Jagex was willing to allow one or more of these altars to once-again use Normal Rune Essence, F2P wouldn't be able to do anything at all. So there's one for all of us to think very seriously about, as there would be a definite impact caused by changes to any of these. :geek:

Wait a minute you mean to say that the Chaos, law and Nature runes use Pure Rune Essence? Then this idea was going to be dead from the start. Where in runescape are we going to to to find Pure Rune Essence?

Sonic9.png

Wait a minute you mean to say that the Chaos, law and Nature runes use Pure Rune Essence? Then this idea was going to be dead from the start. Where in runescape are we going to to to find Pure Rune Essence?

Same location as regular essence :ugeek:

Same location as regular essence :ugeek:

Ok then Jagex need to do that Plus they need to deal with the players who uses bots to stop the rune prices in the GE to crash.

Sonic9.png

Chaos altar, yes, rest no...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Chaos altar, yes, rest no...

Well one better then none.

F2P would also need the 'What Lies Below' quest in order to access the shortcut. There's no other members skill or quest requirements so it would probably transfer over easily. Otherwise the chaos altar is a joke, honestly.