Transparency

Our_Moon

This is sort of a general question... Is there anything preventing Jagex from releasing a little bit more information about the Items and processes in RuneScape? As in, why don't they just release the formulas that pertain to how drop rates work (what drop rates actually ARE would be nice, too!), how hits are calculated, how lsp works, and how Items like the Penance/Master Penance Horns' charge rates work?

In short, why are we being kept in the dark from using methods and knowledge that would better help us go about playing the game?

Our_Moon.png

It's because they hate JUSTICE. And also they just like watching us work for hours to discover things they could have told us up front.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'm going to borrow this for the Q&A with the community support mod. Thanks!

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

It's because it makes it very exciting for some people to try to find out about these formulas by grabbing statistics. It will also add more diversity, simply because you can't really tell for sure which monsters/activities are best to do.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

It's because it makes it very exciting for some people to try to find out about these formulas by grabbing statistics. It will also add more diversity, simply because you can't really tell for sure which monsters/activities are best to do.

This is essentially what I was thinking... they wouldn't want everyone crowding at the best monsters/resources to gain the fastest or "best" experience. However, this doesn't explain why they don't tell us how Items like the Penance Horns and functions like lsp work. Trust me, trying to figure out how a horn that doesn't use percentages to fill (why isn't it just like a Rapier?! That would be so logical!) over the course of five-six hours and 100-something waves of BA is not exciting.

Our_Moon.png

This is essentially what I was thinking... they wouldn't want everyone crowding at the best monsters/resources to gain the fastest or "best" experience. However, this doesn't explain why they don't tell us how Items like the Penance Horns and functions like lsp work. Trust me, trying to figure out how a horn that doesn't use percentages to fill (why isn't it just like a Rapier?! That would be so logical!) over the course of five-six hours and 100-something waves of BA is not exciting.

People crowd around the most efficient areas regardless, the info spreads quickly.

How does the horn fill then? Is it exponential?

PM me in game anytime

Because they want the ability to change the drop rates whenever they want to. They want to be able to control the game and the economy. It isnt that complicated...

True dat.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Because they want the ability to change the drop rates whenever they want to. They want to be able to control the game and the economy. It isnt that complicated...

I'm not saying that it's necessary for us to know what drop rates are. Knowing the process by which drops are selected would be beneficial, though. (I'm perfectly aware of "drop tables" and "rolls" and all of that, but I still don't see a reason that prevents Jagex from sharing this information with a larger group than a select group of Tip.iters who have--through much painful research, trial, and error--come to some conclusions on our own.)

I also understand that they want to keep their game, well, theirs and that letting us know how certain processes work may be detrimental to them. I'm not encouraging the release of Effigy drop rates or anything like that. But Penance Horns? (I use this example mainly because it's the one I've dealt with recently... I realize that it's rather obscure.) Why keep us in the dark for these?

Our_Moon.png

So how do the horns gain exp then? It's not linear?

PM me in game anytime