Extensive suggestion/guide: How to detect and stop auto-ers

Ts_Stormrage

Whats wrong with an autotyper??

its illegal lol jagex have banned it.

mods see ppl using them and tell them to stop and if they dont stop altogether they get muted. They they get banned

Have fun using ur autotyper

so some1(what i have heard) has like it comes example every 20 seconds or then an button maybe f9 or something what he press then you cant get him cought if hes like f9(15 secs later) f9 then it comes like you would have wrote that so its not easy to spot them if they uses it like that :evil:

I got banned 3 days for autoing :\ But it was becuase i didnt reply to a mod lol! Dint think i would get banned :?

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

When I chopped yews from lv 60 to lv 90, I go AFK more than half the time, and hey, I didn't get banned from it. What the hell do you expect me to do? Watch my character chop the same tree over and over and over?

Fortunately, people have better things to do than that.

just the other day i saw a level 15 in the mining guild, and right away i knew he was a macro-controlled player. it was interesting to watch him walk around from rock to rock and pick until the coal was gone, then hed walk around in jerks trying to find the next closest rock. its actually quite amazing how well these macros work, but its still too obvious and i think a couple people reported him after i brought it to everybody's atention

i really dont like reporting. i never had, even though ive seen some scammers and idiots doing hings to get themselves banned (posing as a mod, asking for passwords, etc). i dont know why but i just never really like the idea of being a tattle tale. to me its even more immature than making a poor attempt to be a scammer. as for the robot miner, he really didnt bother me whether the account owner was playing or not. i was getting coal just as well with or with him there.

yeah it might be counterproductive to the spirit of the game community, but meh, i honestly cant say autoers, macros, or robots bother me per se. i dont have a problem if somebody else wants to report them, and they know they risk getting banned anyway, but i personally dont see it affecting my game negatively, so i really dont care too much

i really like your gnomeball idea tho, and i would definitely do that to them. lmao more ideas like that would be excellent

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

its usually easy to spot em...

and i cant stress enough the fact that you can just report em all, and have jagex sort it out...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

meh.. i shudder to think that runescape is filled with a bunch of whiners, crybabies and tattletales. i was hoping for a game with warriors and fighters. yes, there are unscrupulous players and jagex wants to weed them out to make it a better game for everybody. off course i wouldnt want a game where everbdy levels up 24-7 using robots, but honestly the game is more fun for me when i actually play it. and people who auto are losing out. i really cant say i care if x_miner_x gets into the mining guild in 2 weeks. it doesnt affect my game enjoyment 1 bit.

with that said, more power to those that do report and uphold the laws of rs. i have no problem with that either. but i simply dont share the crybaby feelings that is all over this thread, sorry

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

how about you just get reported, and let jagex sort it out?

EDIT:

Rule 7.

Macroing: You must not attempt to use other programs (e.g. bots, macros or autominers) in conjunction with our games to give

yourself an unfair advantage at the game. You also may not circumvent any of our mechanisms designed to log out inactive users automatically.

I believe this last line INCLUDES any AFK training... what was your RSN again? ;)

AFKing is NOT circumventing the logging out mechanism! If you AFK you still automatically log out in 1min! So AFKing is not againts the rules!

Report them if they suddenly make no effort to get through that door, or run around like headless chickens...

Maybe they're talking to their friends... or maybe they're AFKing (which is not against the rules!)... or if they start running around if you closed a door, maybe there's two entrances to that building and they're running to the other one! If you threw a gnomeball at them and they start running around they're pretending to play gnomeball and they're going to pass it to some1 after they dodge invisible enemies...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

I'm fairly sure this 'afk' training is not against the rules. If you are browsing forums, then surely you arent even afk-ing! Jagex say that as long as the player themselves are physically pressing the keys and clicking the buttons/mouse, then they are not breaking any rules. Browsing the forums whilst playing therefore, is not breaking the rules. AFK training is not against the rules, but autoing is.

Junkieman608.png

First off, opening/closing doors probably isn't autoers. I would assume that if they are going to use smething which could get them banned, they would do something constructive or profittable. Most of the time it is some noob who likes to annoy people, just like the ones that used to stand on fires to make it harder to cook(before cook x, of course). I don't understand your gnomeball referrence. I really don't have anything againsy auto typers, there are usually just merching(like me) . The only time that I report them is when they are advertising a website. They are usually in crowded places, anyways, so they don't affect the scroll speed much. I really think that you need to handle criticism better. Finally, I pretend to be an autoer(turn of chat, roll upo screen) to get more random events. It actual works by the way.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I'm fairly sure this 'afk' training is not against the rules. If you are browsing forums, then surely you arent even afk-ing! Jagex say that as long as the player themselves are physically pressing the keys and clicking the buttons/mouse, then they are not breaking any rules. Browsing the forums whilst playing therefore, is not breaking the rules. AFK training is not against the rules, but autoing is.

browsing the forums is not auto-ing...

leaving your comp while your man is at the axe hut however, is...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

bump ;)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Problem.

Jagex is not God.

What TS fails to recognize is this simple fact. If 'report them all and let Jagex sort it out' actually worked, there would be no autobots. Plain and simple. Because if there was a foolproof method, Jagex would run it all the time and not just on reports.

So reporting everyone is just going to result in innocents being banned. That's unacceptable.

i dont get this... many good players know the names of at least 1 macro site.

why dont jagex just sue the makers of the site for illegally making programs that let other people make money on the game and then selling the money on ebay for real money which is selling stolen products isnt it?

they could also just sue the auto makers for ruining an online game, and all the autoer sites will get taken down! why dont they do that!!! why jagex?? why??!?!?!??!?!?111oneoneshifteleven!!11

siggity siggity shwa

to cocacolabottle: anything giving you an unfair advantage is a bannable offense, consider your post being sent to jagex

Reporting someone outside of the game will 99% of the time be futile and a waste of your time.

Also, if afking at places like axe hut and earth warriors is against the rules Jagex should just go ahead and ban a good 85% of their paying members, eh?

bump

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!