I just noticed this

Me_Hate_Libs

If you aren't so boring a loser as me, you might not have noticed this, but tomorrow, on January 4th, it will be the five year anniversary since the original release of Runescape Classic. Five years since it's been open to the public.

And with that, they posted on the forums that they're delaying the removal of the Christmas update cause the next one needs more testing, but if you factor in the historic date for the game, you might be lead to believe that it will be a grand update.

... that is if they don't screw it up.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

nice thinking there.

maybe on the 4th the update starts with:

dear runescapians,

it was 5 years ago when runescape opened for public and becouse of this aniversery will this be the biggers update in runescape since the release of runescape2

:P

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

PLAYER HOUSES ARE COMING! THEY'RE COMING FOR REAL THIS TIME!

any people who have been playing rs since near the beginning can appreciate how many times they've told us player houses are coming soon, and never show up. i think i can count for times they've said they're coming, and they've never showed up on time.

anyways jagex should get everyone on their staff working on player houses for the next update.

i'm going to laugh my [wagon] off when its something stupid and useless such as the cat pits, i will laugh at each and everyone thinking its POH's, if its useless dont come crying and begging onto here because i will laugh at you for getting your hopes up...

:/

I wasn't thinking much of it, and I'm still not, but someone posted this on the RS Forums, and with a Mod's statement, I think there is a decent amount of vailidity now added to this topic in my eyes.

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

03 Jan 2006 10:10

In the news about the Christmas update we said it'd be removed on 3rd January. However this has had to be changed to 4th January. The next update needs more testing before it's ready for release.

Sorry, please don't expect the update today ©

(i think you'll find it worth the wait.)

Not sure what they mean, because they always seem to say i think you'll find it worth the wait, but w/e

I hope it is POH, because almost everyone in the game will spend days messing around with them, leaving all the good spots for doing other things (such as cutting mage logs) totally free for people like me, who couldn't care less about having a house :)

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

i'm going to laugh my wagon off when its something stupid and useless such as the cat pits, i will laugh at each and everyone thinking its POH's, if its useless dont come crying and begging onto here because i will laugh at you for getting your hopes up...

:/

And then if it is POH who will be the ones laughing, hmm? :P

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

Sigh...

I just think POH is such a massive change to the entire structure of the game, that it wouldn't be fair to make it p2p-only. I mean yes the members already get a ton more game than the f2p-ers, but we're talking about something that could change the entire game here!

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Sigh...

I just think POH is such a massive change to the entire structure of the game, that it wouldn't be fair to make it p2p-only. I mean yes the members already get a ton more game than the f2p-ers, but we're talking about something that could change the entire game here!

Just out of curiosity, are you F2P or P2P?

Bren

And also it depends how they design it and how they intergrate it into the game.

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

nice thinking there.

maybe on the 4th the update starts with:

dear runescapians,

it was 5 years ago when runescape opened for public and becouse of this aniversery will this be the biggers update in runescape since the release of runescape2

:P

I KNOW!!! It'll be RUNESCAPE 3!!! *.* lol, then all the little nooblings can go play that and I can continue making my lvl 99 char into a lvl 126 with alot less annoying lvl 3's coming up to me askinf me for "Fr33 St00f pl0x!"

Well, it's not the worst update I've seen.

But seeing as they didn't give a great update, let alone mention the 5 year anniversary, in my eyes... botched!

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

rather than update, andrew gower should be taking the day off, play some paintball or maybe slime wars. playing runescape for 5 years is more of an embaressment than something brag about, so im happy to announce ive only been playing for 4 years and 358 days.

ajpablo.png