My Life is Ruined

runeprincess

Just watch out, though, because we all know how male parents just love using that "Control By Fear" card when they think it's their only option left.

What?

I really don't, but I'm sorry you think all fathers (or only fathers) deliberately instill fear in an attempt to control.

Whoops... I knew I forgot to put something (but couldn't remember what, at the time) about exceptions, like yourself Nyo, into that other post of mine. Really didn't mean to just up and leave it like that, sorry. #-o

~D. V. "D'OH!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

What will happen next, when your dad finds out (and he will find out) is that the computer will end up moving to the family room where he can personally keep an eye on what you do.

This is the stock advice that is always given to parents in situations like this. Sooner or later your dad will get tired of playing whack-a-mole with your efforts and just resort to good old human AI.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

If that ultrasurf thing is being a little slow, you could always try hotspot sheild, another VPN program. I've heard theres a 5GB data limit, but I'm not sure..

Can't say I condone either, I'd imagine RS uses a sizeable amount of bandwith...

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Just watch out, though, because we all know how male parents just love using that "Control By Fear" card when they think it's their only option left.

What?

I really don't, but I'm sorry you think all fathers (or only fathers) deliberately instill fear in an attempt to control.

Whoops... I knew I forgot to put something (but couldn't remember what, at the time) about exceptions, like yourself Nyo, into that other post of mine. Really didn't mean to just up and leave it like that, sorry. #-o

~D. V. "D'OH!" Devnull

I have never really seen a father using fear to control their children, appart from one of my friends when I was young. I wonder what kind of father you had that makes you think that all fathers are like that (no offence).

Just talk to him TBH. If all else fails you could always delete it off your computer quite easily, but I doubt he'd be happy with that.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Since you seem to have no problem installing new software, Wubi might be worth a look.

Just set it up, install Java and whatever video drivers, and away you go. There's no repartitioning/reformatting, you get persistence, and you don't need to worry about a CD/USB disk. WebWatcher will still have no clue when you use it. The downside is that it isn't as easy to hide as a flash disk.

Since you seem to have no problem installing new software, Wubi might be worth a look.

Just set it up, install Java and whatever video drivers, and away you go. There's no repartitioning/reformatting, you get persistence, and you don't need to worry about a CD/USB disk. WebWatcher will still have no clue when you use it. The downside is that it isn't as easy to hide as a flash disk.

It might be easier to install it off in some unknown location outside of Program Files or something, like system or something so it doesn't show up.

If anything, I feel bad that someone is getting scammed paying $1200 for what's a load of garbage with the potential to go horribly wrong.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

yeah try using proxy sites to distinguish websites you visit. here are some for you i found: 19april.co.cc ; 18april.co.cc you can find a lot more here at proxy zone enjoy and i hope you will fix that prob with your dad..

A problem with public proxies is that you're sending and receiving data through a third party, which makes them unsuitable for private data without extra security measure.

I'm sure that I could uninstall that program easily, but I don't like giving advice about how to do it. There are two reasons:

1) You sound too much like a troll. I'm not saying that you are a troll, but this whole thing sounds extremely suspicious.

2) That wouldn't solve the actual problem - which is your relationship with your father. Besides, that software sounds almost illegal - the keylogger part especially. Myself I would either get rid of the program or use another computer no matter what my parents or anybody else says (I value privacy over pretty much anything else), but I'll leave that up to you.

By the way, I just remembered a tip which could work. If you have MS Word on your computer, launch it, type something, try to shut down the computer and when it asks whether it should stop the Word process immediately, wait for a while and choose cancel. I've heard that this closes some watcher programs. It might work with programs other than MS Word too; try and see what happens.

By the way, I just remembered a tip which could work. If you have MS Word on your computer, launch it, type something, try to shut down the computer and when it asks whether it should stop the Word process immediately, wait for a while and choose cancel. I've heard that this closes some watcher programs. It might work with programs other than MS Word too; try and see what happens.

Also a good tip if you have people in your class at school who think its funny to shut computers off.

• 1 month later...