Regarding the recent updates

Jack

Hey, I have some questions for you all to answer about the recent update of the Clan Camp. :shades:

Have Jagex been successful in showing more integration with clans with the recent update? 

Has your clan been taking full advantage of the update? (Cape Customization, Rated Clan Wars, Wilderness Kill/Death Ratio, Placing your Vexillums, etc)

What are your thoughts on the argument concerning clan member's privacy? Should a clan member be allowed to leave the clan channel and be entitled to their own privacy or should they always be in there?

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Have Jagex been successful in showing more integration with clans with the recent update?

yes and no

Has your clan been taking full advantage of the update? (Cape Customization, Rated Clan Wars, Wilderness Kill/Death Ratio, Placing your Vexillums, etc)

not fully, we've done rated cw and got ranked in top 10 and then they reset the points or something and we haven't gone back, would be cool to set up more wars with real clans there though. Also would like to try it in p2p.

What are your thoughts on the argument concerning clan member's privacy? Should a clan member be allowed to leave the clan channel and be entitled to their own privacy or should they always be in there?

No

6590ew.jpg

More "integration"? You mean finally acknowledging the existence of clans via an ingame update after ten years? Yeah they've shown more "integration".

We've been playing with the capes and the vexillums. Rated clan wars is a joke. Wildy k/d ratio is an interesting stat but not important.

What a [cabbage]tily worded question. Anyway, the problem isn't related to 'privacy', it's related to peoples' feeling of guilt when they ignore their friends. They would rather just think that because their name can't be seen on the list that no one knows that they are online. However, everyone that passes them in the runescape world can clearly see them, everyone who has an xp tracker can see exactly what skill or minigame or quest that they've been doing (and exactly how much), and they don't have to see what is said in the clan channel if they don't want to - just set the display to 'off'. Get. Over. It. If someone wants to know if you're online, they will know one way or the other. I'd rather Jagex not waste their time trying to fix yet another thing that isn't broken and get to releasing more highlevel/clan content, instead of working to appease a sliver of individuals who think that they have some sort of guaranteed invisibility.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

yes and no

we got the cape, not did RCW yet.

What are your thoughts on the argument concerning clan member's privacy? Should a clan member be allowed to leave the clan channel and be entitled

Well, atleast you can see who skip a war easily

2dj75ur.jpg

eunderrated.png

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Integration into the game, yes. I suppose it got them more of a spotlight within the community as well. That being said though, the true best clans (Top 10/20/30) won't be shown at all in the clan highscores. This is because

• most top clans are focused around PvP, so Rated Clan Wars stats are useless
  • most top clans have REAL numbers, not just a mass of people - note that I'm not referring to larger clans such as the Slayers Guild (although is it a guild?)
  • most top clans are listed off site

Any recognition for the 'real' clan world is left only during the Jagex Cup tournaments. Something that might not be as popular this time around considering that only the Top 16 or so can participate in the future Jagex Cup, which is disappointing. (Top 16 in accordance with Jagex's ranking system)

We have gotten the new clan capes and have made full use of the clan chat. However, the K/D ratio part is a bit pointless. Sure it's cool to see, but not really a needed feature. The Rated Clan Wars part is a joke. Most clans are too busy fighting in PvP to spend hours a day trying to get ranking in Rated Clan Wars.

There is no reason why a clan member should want to leave the clan chat. If they want privacy, then don't login to the game at all (or don't join a clan at all). As Douglas said above, many other options are available for tracking down if a member is playing or not, so the idea of 'privacy' is a bit overrated. I believe it's less of a matter of privacy and more into finding more of an excuse to skip. The minority of the clan world aren't in any 'real' clans, so they just do it for the cape or vexillium, so I can see why they won't understand.

People just have to realize that they can't just join a clan for the hell of it. When they join a clan, they're joining that clan because they want to be a part of it. Not for anything else.

j0xPu5R.png

More "integration"? You mean finally acknowledging the existence of clans via an ingame update after ten years? Yeah they've shown more "integration".

Jagex has always known about clans, but there's more to RuneScape than clans and therefore several updates/changes in the game has revolved around the whole base of players. There's no doubt that with the recent updates, Jagex are thinking about clans a lot more - whether it's for personal gain or whether it's for the community. The question itself asks how successful have they been integrating with us and clans in general with the last update, not about the last 10 years.

What a [cabbage]tily worded question. Anyway, the problem isn't related to 'privacy', it's related to peoples' feeling of guilt when they ignore their friends. They would rather just think that because their name can't be seen on the list that no one knows that they are online. However, everyone that passes them in the runescape world can clearly see them, everyone who has an xp tracker can see exactly what skill or minigame or quest that they've been doing (and exactly how much), and they don't have to see what is said in the clan channel if they don't want to - just set the display to 'off'. Get. Over. It. If someone wants to know if you're online, they will know one way or the other. I'd rather Jagex not waste their time trying to fix yet another thing that isn't broken and get to releasing more highlevel/clan content, instead of working to appease a sliver of individuals who think that they have some sort of guaranteed invisibility.

It's completely related to privacy. Lots of members from RSB clans are complaining that they'll never be allowed to leave the clan channel, therefore having no privacy to other members of their clan. I agree that for us off-site clanners, there are plenty of ways to see if somebody is skipping an event. Please feel free to re-word the question if you feel the need to slate it.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

I'm glad they aren't actively opposing clanning anymore but I'm not sure I'm okay with all this "buddy-buddy" business all of a sudden. I guess I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Aside from the capes we haven't really done much different from before the update.

Only thing it's changed is that now my clanmates can see that I'm skipping wars to pick flax.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

~They've shown they have a desire to be more involved with clans. This recent update doesn't meet the needs of any classification of clans though, as I've seen complaints/suggestions for improvement from all types of clans.

~No, and won't be using it until there's been helpful changes to the clan chat. Also we don't do clan wars or pk so those aspects will never be used.

Here are some of the issues that I, and/or my clan, have with the current system:

- No LS/CS

- [10-20 characters] begins every chat text line. This needs to be shortened before the CC can be useful.

- Only Admins can kick members from CC. (lower ranks can only kick guests)

- Can't leave the CC

~ While it is helpful to prevent skipping in warring clans, it IS an issue in other clans. I know a few people who don't want to appear rude to clanmates by being obviously online and not answering talk (assuming they would have cc/private off, but can't leave the cc) and would prefer to leave the cc as well.

Somebody mentioned that its easy to track people, which is true...if they aren't smart about it. The easiest way to skip a war without being seen is stealing creation. There's zero exp gains and if you enjoy skilling (which is the only demographic that makes sense to skip wars and still be on runescape) then SC should be played anyways.

Neltak.png

I think Jagex has really improved from their previous support for clans.

I'd assume so, I've been inactive but I hear we have a cape and all that.

I'm all for privacy but it's not hard to avoid by just not being online when it's time for events lolz

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Jagex has always known about clans, but there's more to RuneScape than clans and therefore several updates/changes in the game has revolved around the whole base of players. There's no doubt that with the recent updates, Jagex are thinking about clans a lot more - whether it's for personal gain or whether it's for the community. The question itself asks how successful have they been integrating with us and clans in general with the last update, not about the last 10 years.

It's completely related to privacy. Lots of members from RSB clans are complaining that they'll never be allowed to leave the clan channel, therefore having no privacy to other members of their clan. I agree that for us off-site clanners, there are plenty of ways to see if somebody is skipping an event. Please feel free to re-word the question if you feel the need to slate it.

Yes, Jagex knew that clans existed, but until this update they have generally let it be on its own, with the exception, of course, of how they've been babying their RSB clans. Yeah, in recent years they've run a couple of Jagex Cup competitions, and the winners of that have had their names mentioned on an almighty plaque at clan wars. Other than that, you'd have to go back to the release of the 'clan chat' system, which arguably did just as much damage to clans as it helped due to how horribly it was named - confusing years' worth of players into thinking that "join my clan" meant that they should join a chat channel, and that their chat channels were actually their "clan". And before that, what, I think you'd have to go back to when they flattened out spiders->gdz? Now I'm not saying that in all that time they haven't ever thought about how what they were doing affected clans, I'm saying that they did not target the clan community for "integration" into the game. So the answer to your question is "yes, Jagex have shown more integration with clans via the recent update". That's easy to accomplish because prior to this there had been zero integration. The history of RuneScape is brought into the picture when you start using the word "more". "More" than what? More than they have ever before.

What is 'privacy'? The ability to not let your name show up if you don't want it to? You can turn all of your chat buttons to OFF and you won't ever see anything from anyone. The fact that you're online is not sensitive material, but the ability to send you messages is, and that is regulated by the user setting their chat to 'off', 'friends', or by using the ignore list.

-

That this issue "is completely related to privacy" is your opinion. That's why it's a badly worded question. You put your opinion into the question and you are guiding the responses, whether you intended to or not.

-

"What are your thoughts on the argument concerning clan member's privacy? Should a clan member be allowed to leave the clan channel and be entitled to their own privacy or should they always be in there?"

-> Should a clan member be allowed to leave the clan channel?

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png