Healing - Melee Fight Caves

Cheat

My stats are: Attack: 80, Strength: 81, Defence: 80, Hitpoints: 83, Mage: 80, Range: 75, Prayer: 95 (very soon).

I plan on meleeing the fight caves for my second fire cape. I have previously done this and defeated Jad. I used a Saradomin Godsword for healing as I do not have access to EE/EEE and won't in the near future so I was wondering now I have soul split would this suffice for healing. In which case how would I go about using it most effectively - what with flashing prayers etc.. I've only just got soul split so I'm not experienced with it yet..

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I would say, use soul split whenever you don't need protection. Kill the 90s, then the 360s with magic prayer, then do the 180s with soulsplit if you need to

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Personally I sort of freeform the caves and kill whatever comes in front of my sword, but that doesn't leave much to soul split (always end up with the 360 last). I'd recommend, from best to worst: ovl + brew + claw > any boost pot + eee > sgs > food > brews.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Personally I sort of freeform the caves and kill whatever comes in front of my sword, but that doesn't leave much to soul split (always end up with the 360 last). I'd recommend, from best to worst: ovl + brew + claw > any boost pot + eee > sgs > food > brews.

Sorry to hi-jack.

I've always had problems with the fightcaves, mainly the time it takes to get to jad. So i was wondering if i could melee everything up to the 360's/Jad. I have maxed melee and have access to overload. Could void gear also be useful or would i need more tank gear?

Thanks

Miseryism | Completionist

To above, when I did the caves I found it perfectly easy to get to JAD fairly quickly 1 - 2 hours ish maybe less. You can melee everything you just need to sidestep the 360's with melee protect/deflect on. This involves standing one step away from the 360's and when they launch a mage attack you quickly step in and hit before stepping out to avoid any melee damage. This takes a bit of getting used to but it's not really hard. As far as invetories go I obviously don't have overloads so havn't used them before but from what I've heard you could use. 3 overloads, 4 saradomin brews, however many restores you need for that many brews - rest P Pots + EE/EEE for the healing effect or if you're more confident an agressive spec weapon such as dragon claws. As far as equipment max your offensive bonuses however consider that when the 360's arrive you cannot pray range and may get hit by the lvl 90's fairly accurate range attack so I would probably advise against void and go with bandos.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

To above, when I did the caves I found it perfectly easy to get to JAD fairly quickly 1 - 2 hours ish maybe less. You can melee everything you just need to sidestep the 360's with melee protect/deflect on. This involves standing one step away from the 360's and when they launch a mage attack you quickly step in and hit before stepping out to avoid any melee damage. This takes a bit of getting used to but it's not really hard. As far as invetories go I obviously don't have overloads so havn't used them before but from what I've heard you could use. 3 overloads, 4 saradomin brews, however many restores you need for that many brews - rest P Pots + EE/EEE for the healing effect or if you're more confident an agressive spec weapon such as dragon claws. As far as equipment max your offensive bonuses however consider that when the 360's arrive you cannot pray range and may get hit by the lvl 90's fairly accurate range attack so I would probably advise against void and go with bandos.

This, all quite correct. Personally I brought as many as 8 brews because I intended to use vengeance on Jad. But if you have ovl + super prayer, you can bring something like 3 ovl - 10 super prayer - eee and have 14 spaces to bring random crap, such as mage gear (?), broad arrows for fletching xp (??) or maybe alchs (???).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

This, all quite correct. Personally I brought as many as 8 brews because I intended to use vengeance on Jad. But if you have ovl + super prayer, you can bring something like 3 ovl - 10 super prayer - eee and have 14 spaces to bring random crap, such as mage gear (?), broad arrows for fletching xp (??) or maybe alchs (???).

is there a guide to sidestepping 360's?

(Like a video one so I can clearly see what's going on)

capt%20kevin.png

I know there are videos of meleeing the fight caves somewhere, and they probably show the kiting of the 360s, so you could probably just look up "meleeing fight caves" or something similar to that on youtube. It is quite easy to explain though. Basically what you do is stand one or two squares away from the 360s that way they aren't able to melee you and can only use their mage attack (which is why you will have protect from magic on). As you see them using their magic attack (yellow ball shoots out of their tail) you click to attack them. Right after you do damage, you step back to where you were standing previously (1-2 squares away, out of melee range). As they use the magic attack again, you attack and step away again. To do this properly, you should have auto retaliate turned off, that way you aren't constantly being pulled towards them.

Edit: In response to the OP, presonally when I do the fight caves, I bring 4 brews for emergencies, however last time I did the caves (yesterday I believe it was) I was able to do the entire thing with only using soul split to heal, and finished the caves at full health. Keep in mind, this was with maxed melees, chaotic rapier, slayer helm (on task), overloads, and using only deflect prayers to kill Jad in order to avoid having to deal with the healers..

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sounds easy enough. Would melee fight caves be something I could do casually with my stats then (I would be ranging Jad, and possibly the 360s.) I've always wanted a fire cape but put it off because of the time it takes.

I know there are videos of meleeing the fight caves somewhere, and they probably show the kiting of the 360s, so you could probably just look up "meleeing fight caves" or something similar to that on youtube. It is quite easy to explain though. Basically what you do is stand one or two squares away from the 360s that way they aren't able to melee you and can only use their mage attack (which is why you will have protect from magic on). As you see them using their magic attack (yellow ball shoots out of their tail) you click to attack them. Right after you do damage, you step back to where you were standing previously (1-2 squares away, out of melee range). As they use the magic attack again, you attack and step away again. To do this properly, you should have auto retaliate turned off, that way you aren't constantly being pulled towards them.

Edit: In response to the OP, presonally when I do the fight caves, I bring 4 brews for emergencies, however last time I did the caves (yesterday I believe it was) I was able to do the entire thing with only using soul split to heal, and finished the caves at full health. Keep in mind, this was with maxed melees, chaotic rapier, slayer helm (on task), overloads, and using only deflect prayers to kill Jad in order to avoid having to deal with the healers..

Sounds easy enough. Would melee fight caves be something I could do casually with my stats then (I would be ranging Jad, and possibly the 360s.) I've always wanted a fire cape but put it off because of the time it takes.

Yeah, I'd say you could do it fairly easily. Void does help speed it up, but will require more healing due to the lack of defense. If anything, I'd suggest trying to get a tzhaar task and accepting the challenge that way you can use the slayer helm and still have good defense bonuses from your plate and legs. I've never actually done the fight caves with void, but I could imagine it would require quite a bit more healing supplies if you lacked soul split. If you've tried before and have failed at Jad, due to healers or whatever, I would suggest trying the deflect method. Even though you don't have access to soul split and turmoil, I think it would probably still be worth it to give up piety and eagle eye, just for the ease of killing Jad. My last fire cape I got in 50 minutes while on a task, and I didn't even use turmoil. I always avoid usuing turmoil because I fear not having enough prayer pots left for deflecting Jad, but then every time I finish the caves, I have all my super restores I brought, and probably 5-8 prayer pots left, so I guess I really should be turmoiling.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Due to the low defence I think void wouldn't really speed things up compared to Bandos. Also don't forget that Bandos does soak ranged damage so if you mess up on Jad you won't be in 1-hit KO range part of the time.

Yeah, I'd say you could do it fairly easily. Void does help speed it up, but will require more healing due to the lack of defense. If anything, I'd suggest trying to get a tzhaar task and accepting the challenge that way you can use the slayer helm and still have good defense bonuses from your plate and legs. I've never actually done the fight caves with void, but I could imagine it would require quite a bit more healing supplies if you lacked soul split. If you've tried before and have failed at Jad, due to healers or whatever, I would suggest trying the deflect method. Even though you don't have access to soul split and turmoil, I think it would probably still be worth it to give up piety and eagle eye, just for the ease of killing Jad. My last fire cape I got in 50 minutes while on a task, and I didn't even use turmoil. I always avoid usuing turmoil because I fear not having enough prayer pots left for deflecting Jad, but then every time I finish the caves, I have all my super restores I brought, and probably 5-8 prayer pots left, so I guess I really should be turmoiling.

If i dont manage to get curses before my attempt, what is the general plan for the healers. I heard that you HAVE to kill them now.

[hide=Dat quote chain]

If i dont manage to get curses before my attempt, what is the general plan for the healers. I heard that you HAVE to kill them now.

[/hide]

Honestly, I have no clue about what you would do about the healers. They are the reason I only use deflect prayers when I get to Jad lol. I've never managed to actually kill Jad with a wepon because I get all jumbled up with prayer switches when trying to agro the healers after they spawn. If I were you, I'd just work my ass off and try to get the curses as soon as possible (again, this is assuming you have the same issue as me and the healers get you messed up with prayer switches).

I just ran through Jad and they stopped healing.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I just ran through Jad and they stopped healing.

Just to clarify, was this recent? Because healer behaviour was changed a little while back; I had thought this doesn't work any more.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I did fight caves in March and this worked for me.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

The healers can still heal Jad after your draw agro if they can attack you. So if you line them up so only one can hit you that one will be healing jad. If you trap them on the other side of him none of them will heal him. Its very easy to out damage the single healer supposedly, but if you deflect jad to death the healers will not spawn. Take advantage of this before jagex nerfs it.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I did fight caves in March and this worked for me.

Sorry im unfamiliar with this? What do you have to do?

You just run through Jad when he starts his mage/range atk animation.

azeem1992.png