The Game of Thrones TV series - Season 4

Earth_Poet

The premiere was good, did a nice job of reintroducing us to the show, and where it's headed this season. It also reminded me, I need to touch up on some of their name. Could someone quickly remind me of the boy at very ends riding away on the carts role? All I remember is that he's with the Stark girl.

[hide=Spoilers]That's Gendry. He's Robert Baratheon's bastard son. He worked as a blacksmith's apprentice. He had to run off with Arya when they start killing all of Robert's bastard children.[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Oh thats right.

I thought it was interesting that the first major death of the season was that of infant but I guess they don't want to risk anyone else attempting to claim the throne/ over throw Jeffery.

tFtfA.jpg

Just a heads up, Episode 2 was released early on HBOGo in the Netherlands. It's now available at all disreputable "retailers". It's pretty great, if you're okay with having to wait two weeks for a new episode.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Just a heads up, Episode 2 was released early on HBOGo in the Netherlands. It's now available at all disreputable "retailers". It's pretty great, if you're okay with having to wait two weeks for a new episode.

Two weeks, no one starts a new season and begins it with a break immediately following the first episode. Are you sure the next episode is in two weeks?

tFtfA.jpg

I think he means that if you watch the 2nd week's episode now, you'd have to wait two weeks to see another new episode as next Sunday's episode you would have already seen...which I am totally doing.

I can never follow the characters' names so well since I haven't read any of the books, but I find the show to be very well done and I am a big fan of a lot of sci-fi/fantasy novels. I know the general plot, but I know I'm missing out on a few non-verbals that are going on.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Hmmm, I've only been able to find episode 2 on very shady streaming sites (Ones that ask you to disable noscript, adblock, all that stuff completely, not just for the site itself)...

Anyone can drop me a hint on where to search? Else I'll just wait another week I guess.

I'm sort of irritated we got rid of Sky in our house. It means we don't have access to season 2! :(

Unless we can download/stream them that is....

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I've found a stream of it now (With italian subtitles :P)...it was not bad, but felt far too short. The pace is still kinda slow and few important things happened(Or rather, few BIG things happened. Those scenes were mostly important still)

I am wondering though, about that last scene....

[hide]

Did this happen like that in the books, with Craster attacking Jon after he saw him with the baby? No, I'm not that kind of guy, but I can't remember this at all and I'm wondering where this is supposed to be heading?

[/hide]

I am annoyed though that I can't legally get this though(Okay, okay, I can but only late and with german synchro too... ), especially since both streams I've seen so far have been getting more out of synch over time AND I would actually be willing/wanting to pay money for this :P (I'll probably pick up the dvd to make up for the streaming)

I've found a stream of it now (With italian subtitles :P)...it was not bad, but felt far too short. The pace is still kinda slow and few important things happened(Or rather, few BIG things happened. Those scenes were mostly important still)

[hide]

Did this happen like that in the books, with Craster attacking Jon after he saw him with the baby? No, I'm not that kind of guy, but I can't remember this at all and I'm wondering where this is supposed to be heading?

[/hide]

I am annoyed though that I can't legally get this though(Okay, okay, I can but only late and with german synchro too... ), especially since both streams I've seen so far have been getting more out of synch over time AND I would actually be willing/wanting to pay money for this :P (I'll probably pick up the dvd to make up for the streaming)

[spoiler=Ep2 spoilers]It's been a while since I've read Clash, but I'm pretty sure the scene was added solely for the TV show. The information about Craster giving his sons to the White Walkers was more implied through conversation and stuff rather than outright shown.

As for where to find it, I don't really know what the rules on files and stuff are so PM me and I can shoot you a link if you want.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

[hide]

[/hide]

Where's the stream? I don't mind seeing subtitles as long as I can watch it. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I think he means that if you watch the 2nd week's episode now, you'd have to wait two weeks to see another new episode as next Sunday's episode you would have already seen...which I am totally doing.

I can never follow the characters' names so well since I haven't read any of the books, but I find the show to be very well done and I am a big fan of a lot of sci-fi/fantasy novels. I know the general plot, but I know I'm missing out on a few non-verbals that are going on.

saw the new ep with subtitles. it's way better experience. especially since i have a slight trouble understanding some of the actors with stronger british accent

[hide]

[/hide]

Where's the stream? I don't mind seeing subtitles as long as I can watch it. :P

I'll see if I can find it again and shoot you a pm.

I just read they plan to make a Game Of Thrones MMO. It's suppose to be browser based and f2p.

You can check out the article here http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/13/five-reasons-to-be-excited-about-bigpoints-game-of-thrones-sandbox-mmo/

That actually looks pretty awesome. :blink:

-Random Youtuber

I just read they plan to make a Game Of Thrones MMO. It's suppose to be browser based and f2p.

You can check out the article here http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/13/five-reasons-to-be-excited-about-bigpoints-game-of-thrones-sandbox-mmo/

That actually looks pretty awesome. :blink:

Yep.

To be honest, I don't hold out much hope for it being anything better than pretty shit. I think the Game of Thrones universe will hamstring it in the long-term, they would've probably been better off creating their own bog-standard fantasy world. Of course, I'm assuming it's being made to cash in on the popularity GoT's gained over the past year or so, so I guess originality wasn't really an option.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm not really a fan of the browser/F2P aspects. To me that almost always means "subpar game." But we'll see.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Bought the Game of Thrones (Season 1) box set yesterday, IT'S SO GOOD!

Wonder if I can manage to mingle into the series as an extra, they're filming the 3rd season here still :D

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Is it just me or do these episodes seem to be a lot shorter(Not just in actual time, but in terms of what happens). I feel like I could sum it up in a few sentences without leaving out anything important...

As the story breaks up into more and more points of view, it takes more time to feel like it has "progressed".

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah, it's obvious that this has to happen in some respect....but they could at least make the episodes last the full hour again, imo, and there is also some stuff they could easily cut. E.g. that Joffrey in his bedroom scene - was that really necessary?