Frost Dragon questions

pgmr185

I just got 85 Dung and am really anxious to try out frost dragons. I did a practice run with some basic equipment (and no cannon) and I have a few questions.

When I got there I was completely alone, not another person in the whole dungeon. After about a half hour of having free run of the place I got surrounded by three guys with cannons and couldn't really get in another kill.

So the first question is, how busy does it actually get down there? Is it usually full, or are there plenty of times when it's dead?

Next, how essential is having a cannon? Both in terms of kills per hour, and also in being able to claim an area of the dungeon to kill in. I got 54 kills in a half hour, would the cannon significantly improve on that?

And last, what is a reasonable number for kills/hour for me? I've got overloads, a rapier, and turmoil. I'm not talking about the absolute maximum possible kills/hour for a master dragon slayer, just a good honest number that I should be shooting for.

It's crowded now, a couple months ago you had plenty of free worlds. But yeah... bots...

Cannon improves kills/h by a ton i usually get around 150 kills/h with extremes, rapier, turm & wart tort.

With a yak it's like 190-200 kills/h i heard.

This is in ideal circumstances.

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

I just got 85 Dung and am really anxious to try out frost dragons. I did a practice run with some basic equipment (and no cannon) and I have a few questions.

When I got there I was completely alone, not another person in the whole dungeon. After about a half hour of having free run of the place I got surrounded by three guys with cannons and couldn't really get in another kill.

So the first question is, how busy does it actually get down there? Is it usually full, or are there plenty of times when it's dead?

Next, how essential is having a cannon? Both in terms of kills per hour, and also in being able to claim an area of the dungeon to kill in. I got 54 kills in a half hour, would the cannon significantly improve on that?

And last, what is a reasonable number for kills/hour for me? I've got overloads, a rapier, and turmoil. I'm not talking about the absolute maximum possible kills/hour for a master dragon slayer, just a good honest number that I should be shooting for.

If you want a good approximation of how many dragons per hour - you need to tell us:

a.) the gear you are using

b.) your levels

c.) turmoil/piety

d.) yak

e.) overloads or extremes? when are you repotting

capt%20kevin.png

210/hr is the max killrate but this is hard to achieve and requires summoning potions.

150/hr is the max a yak can bank naturally. If you are not using summoning potions and you find that you can bank every bone/rune long/effigy/visage etc. you get, you need to up your killrate.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If you want a good approximation of how many dragons per hour - you need to tell us:

a.) the gear you are using (he uses rapier, i guess with d def, d boots, barrow gloves, the rest doesn't really matter)

b.) your levels

c.) turmoil/piety (l2read)

d.) yak

e.) overloads or extremes? when are you repotting (l2read)

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

a.) the gear you are using (he uses rapier, i guess with d def, d boots, barrow gloves, the rest doesn't really matter)

b.) your levels

d.) yak

I was thinking about responding to him, but I kind of tucked the info in the last sentence, so it was easy to miss. I was really only looking for a ballpark estimate anyway. It seems like 150-200/hr is what I should be shooting for.

b.) your levels

d.) yak

I was thinking about responding to him, but I kind of tucked the info in the last sentence, so it was easy to miss. I was really only looking for a ballpark estimate anyway. It seems like 150-200/hr is what I should be shooting for.

You said you were using a rapier (what about the rest of your gear? unless you're only using a rapier)

I mean, I was asking this so you would get a better estimate. Additionally, if there was anything wrong with your setups - somebody from Tip.It would probably correct you/show you a good alternative set-up.

However, if all you were looking for is a 50 kill / hour range - then I guess good luck with Frost Dragons!

capt%20kevin.png

If people thought the botting was bad, its about to get a whole lot worse.

New bot just released with cannon and yak support...

[spoiler=Info regarding bots]

"bot name" is the ultimate money making combat bot -- hands down. This bot will train combat at the Frost Dragons gaining 60k + XP /hr, while looting items at rates over $2 MILLION GP /hr! It just doesn't get any better than that! Don't believe us? Just have a look at some of the progress reports under the media tab. With "bot name", you're be a RS BILLIONAIRE in no time!

Features

* VERY FAST and human-like (60k+ XP /hr, $2m+ GP /hr loot)

* Familiars support for Bull ant, Terrorbird, War tortoise, Pack Yak, and Bunyip

* Protect and Deflect of Magic support

* Full Cannon support. User can set up tiles where to put cannon

* Full potion support

* User specified loot table (RoW items are taken automatically)

* Shark looting and eating if needed

* Prayer and Summoning points re-charging on the way to Dragons

* Falador banking

* Save settings option in GUI

* Full anti-ban protection

* Solves all random events

Have fun.

Well, I got my cannon and it worked out really well. There were lots of other people there, so it really helped me get some kills.

I can't say for certain that the others were bots, but they all had War Tortoises, all set their cannons up within one square of each other, and usually the cannons ran out of ammo for long stretches of time. Most of the accounts were pretty low leveled (100-120) so maybe they botted their Dung levels,too.

I guess that there's just about no risk in being caught anymore if these guys are willing to take the chance with a non-throwaway account.