rapier

ruben1026

^I honestly wouldn't bother at lighthouse dags or abberant spectres, everywhere else rapier.

Well at a multicombat cannon task you should be using a cls or maul to increase the cannon's accuracy, and a rapier would be worth it for this over whip anyway.

dukky.png

dukky.png

Well at a multicombat cannon task you should be using a cls or maul to increase the cannon's accuracy, and a rapier would be worth it for this over whip anyway.

I saw that tip on runewiki as well, does anybody know for definite if cm with cannon is better then cr with cannon on slayer tasks.

Blue_Sock.png

I saw that tip on runewiki as well, does anybody know for definite if cm with cannon is better then cr with cannon on slayer tasks.

well, the cannon's hit rate depends only on the accuracy of the weapon you're using.

the higher the accuracy - the more often it hits

capt%20kevin.png

Edit

Removed for redundancy.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

well, the cannon's hit rate depends only on the accuracy of the weapon you're using.

the higher the accuracy - the more often it hits

Well yea I got that part, but is the increased accuracy of a cannon worth the dps loss when you use a cm instead of cr

Blue_Sock.png

It does depend on the number of game ticks when you hit or get it, and obviously you et it more often in multi combat. I just wish people without something would stop talking about it when there are obviously many people that DO have it. I've noticed my rapier to last waaay more in single than multi-way. Actually, way more than 10 hours, I'd say.

WarBlastoise.png

^I honestly wouldn't bother at lighthouse dags or abberant spectres, everywhere else rapier.

Not true, for example rapier > cls at frosts, heck even void handcannon > void deflector + ccbow (63 ranged attack difference, but you also lose like 20% primary weapon dps). Just use a rapier or a whip. Now that's obviously single combat, but there is very little difference between the setups in terms of cannon xp/hr.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Not true, for example rapier > cls at frosts, heck even void handcannon > void deflector + ccbow (63 ranged attack difference, but you also lose like 20% primary weapon dps). Just use a rapier or a whip. Now that's obviously single combat, but there is very little difference between the setups in terms of cannon xp/hr.

Frost dragons aren't multicombat

Off-topic: I like how your sig says goal complete dukky :P

Legendknewl.png

So?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

So?

So the cannon isn't doing as much of the work as it would be in a multicombat area like spectres or dagannoths.

Legendknewl.png

[hide]

So?

[/hide]

So the cannon isn't doing as much of the work as it would be in a multicombat area like spectres or dagannoths.

Go back and read what Quyneax said. She already said it was single combat. A cannon still does a lot of the work.

Have you ever cannoned black demons in single combat? I can drop them much faster with a cannon than I can without.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

[hide]

So?

[/hide]

Go back and read what Quyneax said. She already said it was single combat. A cannon still does a lot of the work.

Have you ever cannoned black demons in single combat? I can drop them much faster with a cannon than I can without.

I'm saying that something like frost dragons shouldn't be compared to a task like dagannoths where, I assume, the cannon does a higher percentage of the work. There is a certain percent of work the cannon has to do for it to be worth it to give up the melee dps for the extra cannon accuracy. It may not be worth it at frost dragons but it still could be at dagannoths.

Yes, I have cannoned quite a few black demons in single combat, probably about 1k in the past week.

Legendknewl.png

Even at cave crawlers and dags, your primary weapon and familiar (assuming steel titan) take care of around 30% of your total damage output. Since frosts are single combat (and you'd want to use a yak anyway) you can't use a familiar. And your familiar should be included in primary weapon dps in this case as they don't depend on your gear bonus at all.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/280097-effigyscape-wip/

That shows that even though the cannon is very close to the highest damage it can do (5k cannonballs per hour, max is 6k) melee + familiar is still 30% of the kills. At frosts, ranged is 40% of the kills. So I don't think the comparison is that far off really.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted