Dungeoneering Monsters

Playerxx11

Guess there's no database that's accurate that is easily google-able then.

DGS or someone should really put one together, though the wiki format of x > y > z deffo seems better as it allows for second best if user lacks that attack style or easy access to it. and could obviously include notes to say this monster has low defence so it doesn't really matter etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Guess there's no database that's accurate that is easily google-able then.

DGS or someone should really put one together, though the wiki format of x > y > z deffo seems better as it allows for second best if user lacks that attack style or easy access to it. and could obviously include notes to say this monster has low defence so it doesn't really matter etc.

We already go out of their way to teach people these weaknesses in dungeons, so the general knowledge is there, but as of now, such a list just isn't practical to make, particularly as there would be many situations where you should know to prioritize instead of using any attack style you have.

Long story short, it's a very complex subject that should be learned by first hand experience, not raw notes(that usually don't have much subject behind it). It's very detrimental, however, for outsiders to give advice on subjects like this as it requires a large amount of raw data to make sense of it all(many 120s don't have the required knowledge).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

To add on to that, we ARE working on a gigantic DG database project, but it's suitably big and will take a while (several months likely) to be done right. And when it's done, the link to where it's hosted won't be allowed on TIF under the current administration :(

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• 2 weeks later...

Only other one I found is this one:

http://www.runeslayer.com/skills/dungeoneering/monsters/index.php

Seems pretty good based on what other's have said, missing warped monsters though and the slayer ones all say unknown.

Hai there! As the author of that guide, I'd like to say that I was just gathering that information solely by myself. I was just using different attack styles and trying to figure out which hit more. I wasn't looking on RuneScape Wiki or using other sources, just using my own observations. I'd say I did pretty darn good for what I have. I don't have access to the Warped floors, which is why those aren't listed, and I don't see the Slayer monsters often enough to figure out their weaknesses.

Players are always welcomed (and encouraged!) to give corrections. I haven't done much Dungeoneering recently due to real life, but I plan to improve on that guide this summer. If you have any suggestions, comments, or corrections, you can send me a PM on the Tip.It Forums, in-game (Boomer-One), or on RuneSlayer/RuneForums.

Cheers,

~Boomer

boomer-one.png

RuneSlayer.com

Psst, try refreshing! Watch the sig!

When someone asks for some in depth DG advice... will those who are NOT keyers or wingmen in DGS please leave?

I'm not excluding myself. I would probally have given the same advice as Sy, but leave the DG questions to DGS

Being in DGS doesn't give you any sovereign right over sharing Dungeoneering knowledge, DGS also tends to have a very narrow view on many aspects of Dungeoneering. There are hundreds, if not thousands of players who probably haven't even heard of DGS and yet could give much better advice on Dungeoneering, which isn't surprising, considering that they've been actively experimenting with different methods since the skill came out.

Don't just assume DGS is the ultimate source of Dungeoneering knowledge because you don't know of anyone better.

10xy5fk.png

Being in DGS doesn't give you any sovereign right over sharing Dungeoneering knowledge, DGS also tends to have a very narrow view on many aspects of Dungeoneering. There are hundreds, if not thousands of players who probably haven't even heard of DGS and yet could give much better advice on Dungeoneering, which isn't surprising, considering that they've been actively experimenting with different methods since the skill came out.

Don't just assume DGS is the ultimate source of Dungeoneering knowledge because you don't know of anyone better.

No matter what you will say, on these forums, DGS has the clear majority of quality dungeoneering knowledge, and it's basically always safe to assume that we either have an answer or we will tell you we don't.

As for DGS having a narrow view on many aspects of dungeoneering, disregarding inefficient dungeoneering(which is a minority), there is basically nothing that people in DGS don't strive to get the best knowledge about. If you class DGS, the only real dungeoneering clan that actually bothers with research, narrow viewed, i have no idea what you'd class any other dungeoneering clan that cowers when they hear the word. There is ALOT of factual proof about most others dungeoneering clans being ignorant about specifics in dungeoneering, i challenge you to find an area where DGS has this downfall.

We are quite literally the only Dungeoneering clan that actively researches and tests just about everything there is to research and test in this skill (since DGE, anyway). I'm not quite sure where the notion that we have a "narrow view" came from.

:mellow:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I agree you guys have knowledge about this, but that still doesn't mean others can post advice. If it's wrong, you guys can just post better advice anyways.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I agree you guys have knowledge about this, but that still doesn't mean others can post advice. If it's wrong, you guys can just post better advice anyways.

The problem isn't that nobody can post advice but DGS - but rather "don't post advice if you don't have enough knowledge on the subject"

Not all OPS come back after their question is answered. So the OP could just be DG-ing with all the wrong ideas and passing it onto his friends and yada-yada.

IMO, unless you have experience in the subject (or at least researched the subject) - you don't want to post on it.

Referring to RSOF/RS datbase/RS wiki isn't always enough as these places are full of mistakes.

At the very least - these databases may not always phrase things the right way, which can easily lead to misunderstandings

Think: Chaotic weapons in multi combat situations.

capt%20kevin.png

That is long away. I already know not to use it anyways...

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

If you don't have anything to say, don't. Posting wrong advice is the absolute worst thing you can do(as it can lead to heated arguments between ignorant 'idiots' and people who really do know what they are talking about). Some admins have said that you can report incorrect advice as spam/trolling/blatant stupidity/ignorance.