Agility

essiw

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone has the xp rates of the ways you could train agility, because I would like to look for myself which way is best for me including the efficient factor of it.

My account is 54 agility and I don't have tons of cash so please don't suggest rates that includes purple sweets etc.

So just to list them:

Skullball game: Level 25

Agility Pyramid: Level 30

Penguin Course: Level 30

Barbarian Outpost Course: Level 35

Brimhaven Agility Arena: (when getting all tickets and including karamja 3 gloves (not 4 if that matters))

Yanille Dungeon: Level 42

Ape Atoll Course: Level 48

Wilderness Course: Level 52

Werewolf Course: Level 60

Dorgesh-Kaan Course: Level 80

Advanced Gnome Stronghold Course: Level 85

Advanced Barbarian Outpost Course: Level 90

Thanks a lot :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I have no idea on rates number wise but I can safely say:

Wilderness is best xp rate til ~65-70

Ape Atoll is best til ~80

Dorge beats ape to ~83 (though it annoys some ppl)

~83 (summer pies) advanced gnome owns

~87 Advanced barb owns. (pies again)

Skullball is useless

Agility pyramid is good at low levels but useless for ~40+

Peng is jsut plain useless

Normal barb is only good til u get to wildy

Brimhaven is insanely slow xp

Yanille isnt a trianing palce

werewolf is useless

It's not a skill where the methods come remotely close to each other in terms of efficiency or xp rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thanks for the advice :)

I have never done Dorgesh-Kaan Course, why does it annoy some people? Do you fail a lot in the course?

About the suggestion of summer pies, is that really a good way? Don't you have to bank often?

And I have never seen a comparison between Brimhaven and something like Wilderness course, how much do they really differ? (I know brimhaven is bad, I would just like to know how bad it is :) )

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

About the suggestion of summer pies, is that really a good way? Don't you have to bank often?

A full inv of pies is 56 bites (you won't need anything else in inventory), so even if you are eating again after the first drop to +4 it would still last you ~56 mins before you need to bank. Times that by 2 if you can wait until +3 before re-eating etc. Plus, none of the courses (except maybe wild if you're not on ancients) are particularly far from a bank.

The time you save by not failing (or by being able to do a higher course) definitely makes summer pies worth it.

Slight diversion, but in case anybody else besides me thought of it, I tested the Berserker prayer on non-combat stats like agility, crafting, etc. Berserker does not affect the length of those non-combat boosts.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone has the xp rates of the ways you could train agility, because I would like to look for myself which way is best for me including the efficient factor of it.

My account is 54 agility and I don't have tons of cash so please don't suggest rates that includes purple sweets etc.

54-70: Wilderness Course

(alternative)55-70: Werewolf Course

(alternative)60-70: Ape Atoll Course

70-75: Ape Atoll Course

(alternative)70-75: Wilderness Course

75-80: Dorgesh-Kaan Course

(alternative)75-80: Ape Atoll Course

80-88: Advanced Gnome Course

(alternative)85-88: Advanced Barbarian Course

88-99: Advanced Barbarian Course

For anything that you don't have the level for, it is assumed that you will use summer pies. For anything where you can still fail, it is assumed that you will use some sort of boost, be it pies or agility potions or a familiar. It won't even cost you 500k total. Anything written under alternative is a tiny bit slower than the one above it if you're going max speed. However, you won't be going max speed since you haven't done these courses very much, therefore your own personal rate will vary. I have left out Xp rates because they wouldn't really provide meaningful information to you.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

I would probably just do ape atoll over the wilderness course.

Stack up on summer pies - weight reducing gear and a regen bracelet.

In my experience, you don't need extra healing(ie: regen's bracelet) if your using summer's pies. I started using the gnome course at level 80 using pies and I never had my health drop down much. Obviously if you have it, use it (unless you need extra weight reducution, then use penance gloves) but I wouldn't go out of your way for it.

Though for thieving, regen's bracelet is a near essential (unless pickpocketing).

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Skullball is useless

werewolf is useless

It's not a skill where the methods come remotely close to each other in terms of efficiency or xp rates.

Skullball is max 19.3k exp/hr. You cannot fail because of level, so the exp rate is constant. [25 required]

The Agility Pyramid is max 22k+ exp/hr, but can be failed and is likely much lower. [30 required]

The regular Barbarian course is around 17.3-18k max exp/hr and will be lower as you fail obstacles. [35 required]

Now, while it's true that the regular Barbarian course is the simplest of these three courses, it is definitely not a clear first. You'd have to know failure rates at the Agility Pyramid for various levels to know whether it's better than Skullball. My guess is no.

Werewolf, penguin, and brimhaven courses are never in contention for best experience available.

2496 Completionist

I would probably just do ape atoll over the wilderness course.

Stack up on summer pies - weight reducing gear and a regen bracelet.

In my experience, you don't need extra healing(ie: regen's bracelet) if your using summer's pies. I started using the gnome course at level 80 using pies and I never had my health drop down much. Obviously if you have it, use it (unless you need extra weight reducution, then use penance gloves) but I wouldn't go out of your way for it.

Though for thieving, regen's bracelet is a near essential (unless pickpocketing).

Just to clarify, having negative weight really means your weight is 0.

If you're doing agility - I don't really see why your weight is anything but negative (assuming you're putting some form of weight reduction gear on)

You should only be using summer pies (since you seem to be failing obstacles) and they weigh 0 anyhow.

capt%20kevin.png

To show how much more you could carry? It doesn't really need a reason.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah they show it so you can see how much margin you've got, but in terms of run drain rate and recover rate 0 is where it the effect stops increasing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can confirm that negative weight has no impact on run energy drain rate, have tested this in several ways.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Skullball is useless

werewolf is useless

Skullball is max 19.3k exp/hr. You cannot fail because of level, so the exp rate is constant. [25 required]

The Agility Pyramid is max 22k+ exp/hr, but can be failed and is likely much lower. [30 required]

The regular Barbarian course is around 17.3-18k max exp/hr and will be lower as you fail obstacles. [35 required]

Now, while it's true that the regular Barbarian course is the simplest of these three courses, it is definitely not a clear first. You'd have to know failure rates at the Agility Pyramid for various levels to know whether it's better than Skullball. My guess is no.

Werewolf, penguin, and brimhaven courses are never in contention for best experience available.

Skullball is actually around 25k Xp/hr max, but it's incredibly hard to do. Werewolf is also a possible option, or was, depending on how the recent update to it changed its speed. I haven't been able to check.

Thanks all for the great advices :D

@Jebrim

Is the werewolf course quicker then the ape atoll course from 60-70?

As far as I'm aware at the moment, they're about the same. It will really come down to how fast you are. However, it is a lot easier to maintain a fast speed at Ape Atoll than it is to do so at Werewolf. Negative weight also helps at the Werewolf course only. It decreases your chance of failing the zip line. Everywhere else in Agility, however, negative weight is pointless.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Ah, OK. I used Skullball for low level agility myself and always enjoyed it. Good to know that it can be done faster.

My old werewolf test was 42k/hr, which was lower than my Ape Atoll rate. Note that 42k/hr shouldn't be taken as a max because I am not perfect at that course but I was not perfect at Ape either. The default for similar rates should be stick with Ape Atoll so you can learn to click the course better for future use.

2496 Completionist

As I am no good in constistantly being fast with agility I will first check the wilderniss course and if I don't like it I will for for ape atoll :)

Retired item crew