Jagex is definitely trying to raise the price of cosmics

kwimbob

So... they made this mini-game that requires loads and loads of cosmics, but something else they did... is they messed with the cosmics in the Al-Kharid shop. This place sells runes for discounted prices and has a stock of 100 of every rune. But in this update Jagex made the stock of the discounted cosmics a maximum of 10 on every world!

They definitely are trying to raise the price.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

So... they made this mini-game that requires loads and loads of cosmics, but something else they did... is they messed with the cosmics in the Al-Kharid shop. This place sells runes for discounted prices and has a stock of 100 of every rune. But in this update Jagex made the stock of the discounted cosmics a maximum of 10 on every world!

They definitely are trying to raise the price.

No, they just realised cosmics were not used much and made the update to change that.

Well yeah, giving them more use, which causes a price raise.

Also though, the fact that they're letting less cheap cosmics into the game (though that shop) shows that they also want the price up.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I would say they simply want a little more balance in the game

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Well yeah, giving them more use, which causes a price raise.

Also though, the fact that they're letting less cheap cosmics into the game (though that shop) shows that they also want the price up.

They dont care about the prices. The fact they lowered they amount in the shop shows nothing but the fact that they dont want people to abuse it.

Seriously.. this post has to be an attempt at sounding intelligent, that wasn't well thought out.

I can't think of a single reason why Jagex would even CARE about the price of cosmics from player to player trading, even less, actualy doing something about it. :?

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

I would say they simply want a little more balance in the game

agree

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

i dont care that the price of cosmics go up. my rc lvl is 71 so i can get 2 cosmics out of 1 ess, the cosmics are now worth 200 gp ea, so if i get 2 out of 1 ess i get 400 gp profite of 1 ess !!!!!

i always make nats and sell them for 330 ea, so now i can get 70 gp profite if i make cosmics

thank you jagex

Its a balance, cosmics are very useful runes used to make lots of money, yet they sell for cheap.

I think they are just trying to make it more of a challenge for those who make staffs and alch. Its easy money.

You'l know that they are definitly raising the price if they make crafting them hard.

Also, i think they should remove them from F2P...theres no use for them.

Buying or selling cosmics is dependant upon market forces really i.e what somebody will pay for something. For example today i sold cosmics at 200gp each because somebody wanted them. Ok this was in mage arena where demand may be slightly higher than other places but the fact remains, Runescape economics are driven by supply and demand, cosmic prices rose due to higher demand, as that demand is met, prices will fall. How else do you think OPEC manages to control oil prices in the real world, by controlling the supply thus creating higher demand, simple.

well thats my 2p's worth.

Play nice

I agree they are, but moreso to drain money from the economy than anything else. Now theres tons more cosmics and their prices are a lot higher, and they are constantly being used on items they make no money off of, and not say ammy's which would just circulate the money.

Lagatag.png

I agree they are, but moreso to drain money from the economy than anything else. Now theres tons more cosmics and their prices are a lot higher, and they are constantly being used on items they make no money off of, and not say ammy's which would just circulate the money.

If they were trying to drain money from the economy, they would probably have raised the price of the cosmics in ali's shop, but left the amount of them in there at 100. People crafting cosmics and selling them to other players does not drain money from the economy, it circulates money. Buying the cosmics from a shop, however, does drain money from the economy.

this is awful lol... i crafted around 10000 cosmics right before the update and was goin crazy trying to sell them. i checked all forums and stuff even the rs one and alll the cosmic related posts were sellers.

soo... i was leaving for vacations (im still on vacations :P) and tried to sell me like crazy. Average seller tried for 100ea but no one bought... then i saw this guy for 80 ea and some ppl bought like 50 at a time whicch is pretty unsatisfying.

sooo... i just breaked even and made a profit of 5ea out the rune ess i bought (35ea) and posted on rs forums and standed in game typing like crazy "sellin 10k cosmics 40ea!!!" i had around 5 buyers lol..

such a bad luck it sucks...

edven worse.. i didnt craft the 10k... some of them i was stupid enough to buy when i was a lil noobert :S

sigjoy8pe.png

I SURVIVED THE 111 BUG

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?