Flipping

konzserwas

Another one from a guy who just came back :D

Pretty much every thread about money has posts that suggest flipping. But what exactly is that and how is it done? I understand it's some form of merching, but that's where my knowledge ends. Is there a guide somewhere?

2qcigdz.png

Wait for Nifflin he explains it well.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Thanks, though I'm not nearly as experienced as some other people here.

I would link you to my [WIP] flipping guide on "those other forums" but I can't. I personally don't consider it as good a moneymaker anymore because it requires a lot more activity then it used to before free trade.

Here is a basic summery though, copied from my guide;

'Oftentimes when asking how to make money, people are greeted with the answer "Flipping." Later they find that they are still confused by the concept of it. Maybe they seem to be losing money on every flip, or unable to find a good item to flip, regardless, this guide should help give a basic overview of how to get rolling with one of the most lucrative ways to make money in Runescape.

The basic principle of flipping is to buy items as low as possible and sell them as high as possible while pocketing the difference.

In order to maintain profits, people do not usually share what items they flip as more people flipping the same item will cause it to no longer profit.'

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Goodluck, be patient, try not to lose money.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I just started flipping a week ago and went from 5m cash to 25m cash. I will agree though, I spend more time at the ge than I used to, which isn't a good thing but for about an hour's effort a day, I made in the neighborhood of 3-6m.

The one thing that angers me about flipping is people buying/selling far above/below the buy/sell prices, it makes flipping difficult at times.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Lol, @Nifflin, its not harder or more time consuming now than before, its the opposite, because now you don't have to wait many hours before you can sell back stuff... I went from 10-100m in 2 weeks, that was by playing rs less than 20-30mins a day.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Just keep trying with items that are commonly traded on the GE. Think about it, find the items that gives you a good profit and stick with those. And don't become greedy and take big risks just to earn a couple of more gps.

Good luck!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Just wanted to add another suggestion. Try to flip items related to buyable skills that you are actively raising. It'll help you get the feel of it much faster since you are already buying stuff to level. This helps you in learning the market flow, price fluctuations, availability and trends.

When I was raising herblore, I think i recovered around half my costs (rough estimate at 20mil) by flipping 2nds and vials. Look for items that have steady prices, not ones that are consistently dropping or rising. If it always drops, you cant sell it. If it always rises, you cant buy it cheap/quick and higher risk of price crash. For me 1% profit is good enough per flip, 2%+ is a bonus. If 5%+, I'd switch to another item.

The same concept could be applied to equipment loot from MH and slayer, just maybe not as easily.