Fastest Crimson Charms

Soulthresher

I would love to upgrade my summoning from 88 to 96 and would prefer to gain charms using Range.

Now the question is, which method would be quickest?

I thought about cannoning Black Demons in Taverly Dungeon which is roughly 180 crims/hr?

or

Chinning Nechs in the Chaos Tunnels for an unknown amount per hour...(I don't know and can't find it)

The alternative method would be to suck it up and get a Chaotic Maul and camp waterfiends for roughly 90 crimsons per hour (yet again, I'm not sure).

I would prefer to train range while doing so as I already have 99 Magic and Attack but if my methods are inefficient, I would gladly take advice.

Stats in Sig; Void Elite, 99% quests done, cannon, piety, karils, small bank

tl;dr

Need charms and range xp, how do?

soulthresher.png

Cannoning blacks sounds fine. Void doesn't apply to cannon (I think, not sure about this) so you'll just want the highest possible bonus of anything you can get. Something like bandos + rapier + fury + zerker + dboots and praying melee would work very well.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Actually with the amount of bots there are @ Black demons, I don't think cannoning them is very good anymore.

Instead, try and find the guide on Skeletal Wyvern cannoning and you can get some fast crims + profit. However I think you use a melee weapon, but you get range exp from cannon so all's good.

Staurolite.png

I don't know about that. As long as you play at non peak hours in 1500+ worlds and use the non safespot side of the cavern, you should get max or near max. Could even do it on the safespot side, real players tend to moan about cannon being there and then mope and leave.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Although its not exactly what you're asking for, its a method of fast crimsons, and using a cannon.. You're lacking a bit of the requirements though. See the guide in my sig :)

I don't know about that. As long as you play at non peak hours in 1500+ worlds and use the non safespot side of the cavern, you should get max or near max. Could even do it on the safespot side, real players tend to moan about cannon being there and then mope and leave.

Have you tried it?

Honestly, its the most annoying thing ever - unless you get on right after an update.

At any given time, there is always 4+ bots in there. There's also more who are running to and from the bank.

It's just absolutely horrible.

However, you can get on foreign worlds. At first, it's a little confusing but you should remember what drop is what as long as you stick to the same foreign worlds.

capt%20kevin.png

Shameless endorsement of the Wyvern cannoning, from a former, okay current addict. Cannoning the Wyverns is like 4-500k profit on top of charms, after supply cost an hour roughly. You could range them I guess, but their defense seems too high to get the same kill rates as slashing melee + cannon. Depends what you value more, charms, ranged experience, or profit (as you said your bank is small).

As for Black Demons, I went there on task the other day and couldn't find a decent world in 30minutes of hopping. Chaos Tunnel/resource dungeon demons were vacant at the time, but the charms seemed horrible even with a decrepit spirit dagg familiar helping with piety and extremes. Probably as bad as Taverly with bots. :thumbdown:

Chinning Nechryaels is good ranged experience, but the charm rate seemed poor the last time I went. Might still profit without a yak though, not 100% sure as seed prices and what not have crashed.

:^_^:

Assuming you don't wanna go to rock lobs, and want to range+cannon, try Wallasalki, in waterbirth, the room with 5 in it is multi. I know you wanted fastest crims, but overall this is decent "charm exp", range and profit per hour. Blues were erratic for me I was gettin 20-45 an hour, crims grns and golds are roughly 30 per hour. But I was using melee with cannon. Pray mage and do not let it run out, death comes fast, so you may wanna have a door partner on stand by.

A while ago - when I wanted to train summoning, I looked up some information on monsters with good charm drops.

I always heard that Wallasalki's were good charm droppers but killing them is a hassle. Don't they have a tendency to run away once they get to a certain hp?

How do you deal with it?

capt%20kevin.png

A while ago - when I wanted to train summoning, I looked up some information on monsters with good charm drops.

I always heard that Wallasalki's were good charm droppers but killing them is a hassle. Don't they have a tendency to run away once they get to a certain hp?

How do you deal with it?

The room with 5 is small enough they are almost always in cannon range, with the exception of 2 steps from the north and south side. Play with cannon location, right in the middle, you may have to move 1 or 2 steps north or south to get just right. The first room with 20 or so in it is useless, its single combat and they always run out of cannon range.

Don't melee wallasalkis, they are very weak to ranged, like all waterbirth mage creatures (e.g. Prime). They are fairly good blues and almost entirely limited by spawns, so be sure to use a 2000 population world.

Black demons are ~180 crims/hr equivalent, which includes opening summoning effigies & using the lamp on summoning, as well as gold charms. Also that assumes you get ~270 kph or more, which is hard with all the bots.

Wyverns are a little slower than demons mainly due to the lack of effigy drops but they are nowhere near as crowded, downside is you really need turmoil there.

Chinning nechs is good ranged xp and charms and likely the ideal place for you to train, but as with all these methods you lose some money due to not having a yak. Since you do not have 95 prayer, urns will do you a service here.

I'd suggest slaying for 99 strength and defence first, cannoning tasks as appropriate, which will get you more ranged xp as well. If you want to get a yak and iron titan for slayer, I'd go with nechs.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted