lossed full rune >(

mrsir17

so today I logged on, I didn't look at when the last time I was on, but I got on and I was a little ways away from where I logged out last time, and I was missing my (nearly) full rune!!!

this includes a battle axe, pl8, legs, and kite.

I never thought it would happen to me, but I guess it could happen to anybody. I changed my pass and I just hope it won't happen again!

fortunately I had a pin on my bank, where about 1 mill worth of arrows and runes were...

I'm not really mad, I am just really disapointed that people just get into others accounts and steel stuff. that's not the way it should be in runescape(or anywhere).

runemzombie,mr%20sir17.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif

rssig.jpg

goal:1000 total f2p lvls.

There's always a reason why you've been hacked. Did you login on an unfamilar computer, download a runescape related file, not have an up-to-date internet browser, not have a firewall, not have antivirus software, not have a guessable password. Anyone of those could of resulted in you getting hacked.

It's good seeing bank pins working properly though.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Sorry about what happen but thanx to Jagex making bank pins saved some of your stuff. How easy was your password? Also, it could be that a friend used your account or something. I dont know but better luck in the future.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

i heard about a keylocker with screen recorder for bank pin etc...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i heard about a keylogger with screen recorder for bank pin etc...

Tis true this does exist, and its going to be a problem, but its 1 extra step against most.

*sigh*

Oh well I guess.

Sorry to hear about your account, but as Craven said there was probably some unseen reason by you that got you hacked, and I am sorry to hear about it, but meh stuff happens.

I recommend fishing to make some money back for that Rune.

Good luck.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

it sucks that you got ripped off like that.

but as has been mentioned its probably a breach of security on your part.

i love the idea of bank pins, but its likely this screenshot thingy will find a way around them, thats not to say we wont be able to find yet more ways of protecting our accounts

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Sucks when you get hacked.I remember when I was hacked, but that was long, long ago back in the days of F2P.And as I look back on those days I realise that they sucked.....Anyways I agree with Honest1 fishing is the way to go, not mining.

dragonforce-1.jpg

well my comp has a firewall, no other people use my account/know my pass(which wasnt really guessable).and I've never logged in on a different comp. I guess guessing is the only option though.

oh well, it happens and I realize that I'm not the only one. I'll just have to work 2 weeks mining to get it back.

runemzombie,mr%20sir17.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif

rssig.jpg

goal:1000 total f2p lvls.

well my comp has a firewall, no other people use my account/know my pass(which wasnt really guessable).and I've never logged in on a different comp. I guess guessing is the only option though.

oh well, it happens and I realize that I'm not the only one. I'll just have to work 2 weeks mining to get it back.

well, its nice to see a person who isnt left bitter about it. good for you. if you want some good programs to help you get rid of spyware, keyloggers, and other junk. i reccommend going to download.com, and searching for and downloading ad-aware se, and spybot s&d. both of those are free, reliable programs that will scan for and delete various pests and junk that you dont want on your computer. download them, go through the step by step instructions, and youll be good to go. remember to do weekly scans with them and check for udates regularly.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

Dude, get a a spyware scanner, microsoft still has a free beta one I think. Kegloggers are spyware and you could get hacked again if its still on your comp.

Yeah they still got a beta version...I got it on my computer :wink:

i reccommend going to download.com, and searching for and downloading ad-aware se, and spybot s&d.

Your safest bet is to download them directly from the main sites, not at a download URL-- Download.com has had some problems in the past with junk attached to files.

Don't forget Javacool's Spyware Blaster, which will immunize your computer against spyware and such. I believe it is a must if you're running IE as it blocks a list of spyware sites directly in that case. If you're just running Firefox, then it will have a list of blocked cookies (as Firefox doesn't allow ActiveX, I think)

Spybot S&D is a very good program-- I had my father download it so he could get his computer cleaned (very bogged down by spyware... 75 instances I think). Which reminds me-- do your scans from Safe Mode. When you do regular maintenance scans, you should be fine in Normal mode.