Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Level 99 Construction Rareness Not a Reflection of Difficulty?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Alone.... in your house... constantly replacing the same thing till 99.

^This. Construction is the most boring, repetitive, lonely and pointless skill to train in the game. (imo :P)

good thing you are done with it after 2-4 days of training :P

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
I think the mechanics of training construction is perceived to be more difficult and complicated than it actually is.
When talking about 99 construction, the first thing most people will say is that it's an extremely expensive skill.
Like Runecrafting, construction is one of those skills where there is an extreme requirement to reach level 99.
Be it patiences, wealth, or massive attention.

Anyhoo, You're very lucky to reach level 99 construction for 80m. Mine was around 145m and that
was by strictly using mahogany planks.

Cow
[ Display Name History ]

Cow

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Renoux
I got 99 before effigies. It wasn't that bad; I didn't mind the grind of it at all. Rank 212 now for only having 21.2M experience. I agree with some other people here that its still regarded as the money sink despite its actual cost. I spent about 30M but I made every plank myself (when they cost like 500-600gp) ( :shades:) and used stealing creation hammers for about 3/4ths of 80-99. I've not bothered with SC after 99, although I have trained it 2 million past 99. Runecrafting will probably pass it like dungeoneering did.
Too bad I'll trim my Construct. cape with dungeoneering in a few days.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Turnpike
[ Display Name History ]

Turnpike

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Turnpikes
  • Clan:PvMS
This is probably one of the best threads I have seen posted in a long time.

Most people don't bother with the 99 unless they have a ton of money sitting around, because once you get so high it is not worth training the skill unless you want 91+ for effigies..

Turnpikes.png

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
I would indeed have never gotten 99 if it wasn't for xp weekend and zombie implings. That one was just too good to pass.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
Yeah, I agree with many of the posters here that it's pretty much useless unless you're rich. Yes, there's the pros of getting it for effigies, but it's pretty much useless other than that. However, you do unlock some features such as the ability to build demonic thrones and add more to your house, but again, you need a lot of money to make your house look good, and that money is relatively wasted considering what you could be doing with it instead of just using it for aesthetics in your house.

Personally, I would never get 99 Construction except to get the cape. I'm not someone to show off his wealth by wasting hundreds of millions on their house. I just build portions of my house that I can make use of.

j0xPu5R.png

Saunamajuri
[ Display Name History ]

Saunamajuri

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • RSN:Saunamajuri
  • RSN2:Logigalize
  • Clan:Nobody tells me what "Clan" is :(
If I would get to pick one 99, It would be construction.

Granted, it is one of the most expensive, repetitive and boring skill to train, but also one of the fastest, if you got the cash.

The one thing I love about construction is that you can make the house look exactly like you want. I can place the rooms where I want and when I level, I can only make the house look even better.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I_Kn0ck0ut_I
[ Display Name History ]

I_Kn0ck0ut_I

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:I Kn0ck0ut I
it's just expensive...
Username: I_Kn0ck0ut_I

Proud member of Final Ownage Elite

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
Compared to most other buyables it isn't very expensive. Crafting, smithing, herblore, and prayer are all more expensive. If you want to count farming as a buyable it's more expensive too. I think it's more of the repetitive uselessness of the skill that plays a bigger factor than cost.

Existent
[ Display Name History ]

Existent

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 115 posts
It's a combination of cost, usefulness, speed, difficultly/afk(ness?), if it's members only or not, how old the skill is, and a few other things.

Agility: ~15k with 99
Thief: ~26k with 99

Cost: Both skills cost very close to nothing.
Usefulness: Both are very limited in their uses, I would say agility is a bit more useful but not much.
Speed: Thief is a little over 3 times faster than Agility.
Difficulty: Similar amount of clicking.
Release: Thief is a couple months older but hardly makes a difference as it was nearly 10 years ago.

They are very similar besides the fact that Thief is a lot faster, which made almost 2 times more people have 99 in the skill. Difficulty isn't really the only factor in how many people have it, I think construction just has everything 'bad' for it besides speed, it is relatively expensive, it's not afkable, it's not very useful, it's not that old of a skill, and it is members only.
Posted Image

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo
Construction is much more click intensive than crafting.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

ImDustinHoffmanIRL
[ Display Name History ]

ImDustinHoffmanIRL

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Location:Sitting in the back of a school bus next to Elaine Robinson

Compared to most other buyables it isn't very expensive. Crafting, smithing, herblore, and prayer are all more expensive. If you want to count farming as a buyable it's more expensive too. I think it's more of the repetitive uselessness of the skill that plays a bigger factor than cost.

Smithing nowadays is a lot cheaper.
Posted Image

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Construction is rare for many of the reasons you stated. People do not believe that it is useful past level 75 and view it as a money sink.

Just a sidenote - at least it has some use even at 75 ... My crafting and smithing are at 99 but I NEVER ACTUALLY USED them .. construction got me a free altar and a free teleport to Kharyrll and a place to train firemaking (another useless skill) with fast banking and without competition ... smithing and crafting got me only magic exp :lol: (superheat and glassmake)

CheapMark
[ Display Name History ]

CheapMark

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 197 posts
Surely there are two main reasons:

1 - It is a P2P skill

2 - Most people would rather do combat (hence Slayer being a much higher rank) in P2P than sink money into construction

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

TC3
[ Display Name History ]

TC3

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:Visualised
Construction is very click heavy and has no variety, it also costs a fair amount of money and has very few uses. I could get 99 construction but I feel my money and time are better spent elsewhere.

For a skill like slayer, it has variety and many side benefits such as effigies, charms and combat exp.

J a m e s
[ Display Name History ]

J a m e s

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
You can get 800k+ xp/hr with mahogany tables and it's still cheaper than herblore and prayer

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I'd wager that with the new clan citadels construction will become popular.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users