Need Training/Armor Help

nesto1000

So recently I started playing Runescape again and I became a member! I've been fishing Sharks ever since, but now I want to level up my CB Stats and I was wondering where and what can I wear to train? My Combat stats are 70 Attack, 78 Strength, and 70 Defense. I want to train my strength to 80 then attack to 80 followed by defense. I really appreciate everyone's help.

Edit: I have about 7Mil, and I'm willing to use about 5-6Mil to buy armor.

Slayer is a great way to raise all your cb stats, with melee being the best to train slayer with. You also get charms, effigies, and money as well.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Definitely get a whip as well as a pair of dragon boots. Both of these items are fairly cheap, but very useful. Depending on your cashpile, you can get either (> is used to indicate priority) berserker ring > amulet of fury > bandos tassets > bandos chestplate. A fighter torso is not a bad option if you are willing to put up with Barbarian Assault. Otherwise, use barrows armour as your chest and legs. Effective helmets are neitz (which you may need to quest for, but which is definitely worth the time and effort) and I suppose berserker to some extent, though the former is much better.

You should check out the warrior's guild and work towards getting a dragon defender (try the multi-type tokens option, it appears to drop defenders at a much better rate than single tokens).

Lastly, completion of Recipe for Disaster grants you access to barrows gloves, which give not only a hefty +12 str bonus but also great accuracy bonuses. This is really worth it, but if you haven't got the stats to finish the quest in its entirety alternatives such as dragon and rune gloves (for completing portions) aren't too bad either.

At your level, giant spiders in the barbarian village dungeon aren't a bad place to start.

Hope that helps!

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Don't get Bandos until you have everything on this list. in order. Full slayer helm doesn't occupy a space but should be acquired ASAP.

Dragon boots

Dragon defender (Not bought, I'm aware)

Barrows gloves

60 prayer

Proselyte

Ardy cape

70 prayer

80 atk + Chaotic rapier

Berserker ring

Fury

Soul Wars cape

89 herb

Seers' Elite

89 in melee and ranged for an extra point from extremes

91/92 herb

95 prayer

Don't get Bandos until you have everything on this list. in order. Full slayer helm doesn't occupy a space but should be acquired ASAP.

Dragon boots

Barrows gloves

60 prayer

Proselyte

Ardy cape

70 prayer

80 atk + Chaotic rapier

Berserker ring

Fury

Soul Wars cape

89 herb

Seers' Elite

91/92 herb

95 prayer

I partly disagree. Bandos should be had until one can reach a level target (70 pray, 95 pray, 84 herb for stewed extremes, 92 herb for stewed ovls, 88 summoning, 96 summoning), at which point selling the bandos is then recommended.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Dragon boots

Barrows gloves

60 prayer

Proselyte

Ardy cape

70 prayer

80 atk + Chaotic rapier

Berserker ring

Fury

Soul Wars cape

89 herb

Seers' Elite

91/92 herb

95 prayer

I partly disagree. Bandos should be had until one can reach a level target (70 pray, 95 pray, 84 herb for stewed extremes, 92 herb for stewed ovls, 88 summoning, 96 summoning), at which point selling the bandos is then recommended.

That is true. Selling armour to buy a skill is almost always better than keeping the armour.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

If your going to be training somewhere where you need defense then use torags plate, legs and helm.

Dragon platelegs, rune platebody and helm of neitznot if not.

Dragon boots + glory + obsidian cape/cape of legends + dragon dafender + ring of wealth or berserker ring if you want.

Some good training spots are dagganoths, fire giants, yaks, thzaar monsters if you can beat the bots or dragons.

Slayer is also decent but not the best for money, if you are going to do this then buy a black mask.

Robbstarkded.png

If your going to be training somewhere where you need defense then use torags plate, legs and helm.

Dragon platelegs, rune platebody and helm of neitznot if not.

Dragon boots + glory + obsidian cape/cape of legends + dragon dafender + ring of wealth or berserker ring if you want.

Some good training spots are dagganoths, fire giants, yaks, thzaar monsters if you can beat the bots or dragons.

Slayer is also decent but not the best for money, if you are going to do this then buy a black mask.

Torags? Got it! It's 2 mil for the set so I can afford it! ^_^

Edit:

So I bought Full Torags, Dragon boots, glory, obsidian cape, currently have a rune def going for dragon, and a ring of wealth! I think that I'll be good for now unless anyone else has anymore suggestions...

No no no no no. Why did you do that instead of listening to me? That advice is terrible. You don't need more defence than what prossy/Verac's offers anywhere. Torag's set is utterly useless in that you're sacrificing all prayer bonuses for way more def than you need.

Unless he is training exclusively at terror dogs, prayer bonuses will be more important.

You just made someone waste 2m on a useless armour set because you didn't put the effort into explaining yourself, provided you understand the situation at all which I doubt.

Sell Torag's immediately and follow my advice if you're interested in efficiency. If not, go buy a granite body, D legs and D med.

Unless he is training exclusively at terror dogs, prayer bonuses will be more important.

You just made someone waste 2m on a useless armour set because you didn't put the effort into explaining yourself, provided you understand the situation at all which I doubt.

Sell Torag's immediately and follow my advice if you're interested in efficiency. If not, go buy a granite body, D legs and D med.

Could you make your previous advise a bit more clear AHappyBunyip? I'm sorry but I haven't been a mem in RS long and I just came back from a very long hiatus....

That was simply one of the most efficient orders in which to spend your money. Just wiki the items to find out why they've been picked. Until proselyte and slayer helm, you'll be wearing runite with a berserker helm/black mask.

My advice is not terrible, I clearly stated that if he needed the defence then he should buy torags.

We also do not know where he is training so you cannot say he needs the prayer more than the defence.

Yes it was, you never need that much defense on any monster you should train on or for slayer. Anything you would need that much defense for should be prayed against, and since you should be praying piety/chivalry all the time anyways you want prayer bonus from veracs/prossy.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Get this gear:

Slayer Helm/Black Mask

Glory

D Defender

Proselyte Hauberk

Verac's Skirt

D Boots

Zerker Ring

Barrows Gloves

Your weapon is fine.

azeem1992.png

It'd really help if you guys stopped making such a big deal of things. Yes it's not the most efficient gear, but not anything like using a dragon med or w/e. Torag's will do fine. The most important thing is to pray the boost prayer that fits with your weapon, e.g. 15% attack/strength or piety for melee, eagle eye/rigour for ranged and augury/mystic might for magic. Prayer bonus is more of a secondary concern.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You can tank metal dragons, black demons, and dark beats in barrows armor, probably in bandos as well but that seems out of the question for you at the moment. A high prayer level negates the need for much defense on most tasks since turmoil gives a def boost on top of everything else ans you can soulsplit. Many people also choose to use healing familiars. Also, if you are already praying turm/piety on a task it doesn't take much more effort to pray melee and not need the barrows at all. In the end it doesn't really matter that much, just don't ever consider dragon legs since it is inferior to both methods discussed.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

You guys are completely neglecting the fact that we're not dealing here with a high level player. It is extremely unlikely that he's going to use prayer while training and it is even more unlikely that he's going to kill high leveled monsters that require protection prayers. Therefore the torags and it's high defence is completely justified.

Jesus, while i have nothing agains being effecient ( i try to train in the most efficient ways ), but shoving efficiency down returners/newcomers throat is simply wrong.

[bleep]ing read the original post.

Low-level players benefit even more from piety than high level players, actually, there is no reason to not use prayer at any level. That aside, Torag's is far from the worst armour choice to make.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted