Extreme Potions Boosting/Amounts etc..

Cheat

Some silly questions about what extremes to make/how many to make and gathering resources.

Should I start boosting from level 79 to 84 and make recover specials then super antifires?

What are the potions I should be making and between which levels?

What are the frequencies of stew boosts and how many will I need?

Also something I should really know but how do Overloads work - the stat is reboosted every 15 seconds am I correct?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

When I did herb (warning: not most efficient way), I did antifires to 81, sara brews to 83, greenman ale (m) boost to 85 for super antifires. Did these till 86 where I greenman ale (m) boosted to 88 for extreme attacks, another (m) boost at 87 to make extreme strengths, and finally another boost at 88 to make extreme defence.

Honestly, the way I handle herb really wasn't too bad. I didn't spent all that much money on it, and it didn't seem too bad to me.

I valued my sanity more than my money when I did herb. I've never had good luck with stews, and after 30 stews, still never got a +5 or +6 boost, so I wasn't going to spend all day trying to make a potion a few lvls before. Hell, I coulda earned the level myself before anyway, and I did.

I haven't used overloads myself, but as far as I know, they lower by 1 level each minute like a normal pot, but restore to the current level they're at every 15 seconds. (incase you're stats got lowered at all).

Trollbomber.png

Do not, do not, do NOT make untradeables as your main source of exp. Make them in small amounts to avoid having a [cabbage]load of wealth invested in way more potions that you can use in any span of time.

Basically, all you people with 4k extremes sitting in your banks... You see all those millions that those extremes had cost you? Yeah, you could have just made brews and spent the leftovers after selling them on something that would let you make money faster.

Overloads do lower by 1 level every minute, but reboost to the max every 15 seconds.

If you don't want to use stews, mature ales are worth it. It's really up to you how much effort you are willing to put in stewing.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Do not, do not, do NOT make untradeables as your main source of exp. Make them in small amounts to avoid having a [cabbage]load of wealth invested in way more potions that you can use in any span of time.

Basically, all you people with 4k extremes sitting in your banks... You see all those millions that those extremes had cost you? Yeah, you could have just made brews and spent the leftovers after selling them on something that would let you make money faster.

I made untradables as my main source of xp. I didn't make 5k super attacks and nothing else or w/e, but I made quite a few of each (including 5k super antifires, and 1k special restores :D). They come in handy, especially during slayer. It's always nice to have a stash of extreme pots too. Plus, you can just use them for overloads later.

Trollbomber.png

In a way I agree with this in another I strongly, strongly disagree. If I were to make the extremes that I then need for overloads I will gain large amounts of xp when I need it and gain incredibly useful potions. I will need overloads in the end - large amounts of them they are hugely useful potions. If I am making overloads past level 99 herblore regularly it would seem like a waste as I am spending large amounts of money on xp that I do not need.

2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

It's more efficient to make extreme potions, as they are higher xp/hr and only a little more expensive than brews (180 xp each versus 200+ xp each). Somes have high value (overload) as well; making overloads from scratch is cheaper than brews if you value one overload as one of each super pot.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

No! Make untradeabled asap. Just be realistic about it. 2k spec rests, 1k super antifires, 2k ext attack and strength and 1200 defense, magic and range. This way you have mote then enough for daily use and more then enough for overloads. Spread it out like that and you will be fine.

You spend a little more bit you set yourself up for much more efficient combat. You shouldn't be worried about wasting your pots, that's why you make so many.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

If the cash pile that went into untradables (~30m?) is a significant portion of your flipping funds (or just regular fund) and you have no better moneymaking option, then the huge stock of potions could be considered a waste due to diminished moneymaking potential.

But if that reason doesnt apply, then it just makes more sense to plan for long-term and make untradables as soon as possible (stewing).

Worst advice ever.

Make SURE to not be afraid to make a big stack of every potion you will need. Even if you did overloads for 99 (which I highly recommend), you have "only" 4k overloads. That's a huge amount, but some people really have used that many, and it would be a waste having to make more overloads past 99.

You don't lose the ability to make exts and ovls after achieving your level targets. If the money used on untradeables could be spent on increasing your wealth in the period between making the pots and exhausting them, you have failed. Any further money made sunk into untradeables, when made on demand, is returned in the short term rather than stagnating in the bank so the costs are easier to justify.

If you don't value exp past lvl 99, the time you spent making the potions after 99 is wasted. Also, most ext have around 20 gp/exp which doesn't differ too much from other potions used for herblore training not to mention ext and ovl are one of the fastest exp in the game. So infact, unless you aren't very good at planning and blown all your money on ext supplies, you should get roughly the same amount of exp using the same amount of money if you were using another training method.

tipitsig.jpg

I got 99 herblore before extremes came out... and regret it now.

I've now gone 4 million exp past 99 making all of the untradable pots I missed out on, and I'm always running out as it is.

It depends on your play style I guess, but I go through a lot of pots.

To HappyBunyip

If we take most extreme potions at 20gp/xp and the other options (sara brew) at 15gp/xp.

For 80 - 91 we need roughly 4 million xp. So doing extreme potions would cost 80m and using the other option would cost 60m a poultry saving of 20m for a drop in exp/hour rates of about 80 - 120k an hour so will take 100k as our number. So with saradomin brews at 350kexp/hr and extremes at 450kexp/hr the 4 million experience with sara brews will take you 11.4 hours and with extreme potions it will take you 8.8 hours a saving of 2.6 hours now if we value our time at a paltry 2m/hr the time saved using extremes earns us 5.2 mil. Fair game extremes are still more expensive at a total cost greater cost of 14.8mil. Then again if we value our time at an achievable 5m/hr the saving from sara brews is much less at only 7m. Now take into account the fact that the use of these extreme potions on all your slayer tasks will greatly increase your DPS and gp/hr on all your slayer tasks. Not only earning you quicker money but also allowing you to max melee's earlier and move onto much higher income options. Also, taking into account that you are unlikely to have to make many more extreme potions that you 100% should be using on all your slayer tasks it will save the money spent on those in the future. If we say as a hugely conservative estimate that a account which has flat 90's melee's and is slaying to maxed uses 500 of each type of extreme potion on their slayer tasks from this point then these potions will cost them about 26m this is also herblore experience past 91 which should be used to make overloads and is therefore almost wasted. So in total using your method you make a loss of 8 - 19m depending on how much money you make an hour. In essence pure stupidity.

2mqj8rr.png

You're not taking into account the potential wealth gain using those savings in the period of time between achieving your exp target and having slayered enough to actually use all of those pots.

EDIT: Don't take this the wrong way but this is seriously bugging me. It's "paltry", not "poultry". "Poultry" refers to bird meat.

Ha, I do know that must have just been a typo/brain melt I typed it out in a bit of a rush.

2mqj8rr.png

Whoa whoa whoa

What is there in the game besides Nex/torstol unf pots that can possibly make 5m an hour?

I lol'd at torstol unf's.

On topic: Stockpiling extremes should only be done if the money spent does not interfere with gear upgrades/merching. Additionally, if you do not value exp past 99, it would be best to make extremes to level, as anything else is a waste.

Bones: I'm not sure where you're getting your gp/xp figures, but brews aren't 15 gp/xp ;)

lxl_bluesky.png

Whoa whoa whoa

What is there in the game besides Nex/torstol unf pots that can possibly make 5m an hour?

I lol'd at torstol unf's.

On topic: Stockpiling extremes should only be done if the money spent does not interfere with gear upgrades/merching. Additionally, if you do not value exp past 99, it would be best to make extremes to level, as anything else is a waste.

Bones: I'm not sure where you're getting your gp/xp figures, but brews aren't 15 gp/xp ;)

Sorry for double post, I meant lantadyme unfs. Which still aren't 5m anyway :---)

PM me for fitocracy invite