More/updated at orbiit.deviantart.com

(I got a new one)

xD391.jpg

xGLi0.jpg

9cfM6.jpg

GrZvI.jpg

eVaAx.jpg

HDR Panorama ^

Just so you know, I don't have a fancy 5d Mark II, 7D, or even a high end Rebel. I just have a Rebel XS with the standard lens that came with it (18-55mm).

I live in a barren land, Labrador, and there isn't that much to take pictures of.

I need all the tips I can get, so any critique is helpful.

Dart.jpg

Great to see you around Soa!

1. Titled just a bit too much for my taste, though the colors are great.

2. Too dark, I'd like to see more of the flower in focus

3. I like it.

4. Focus point is too far away I think, otherwise great.

5. My favorite. The rope flowing off the bow of the boat adds something wonderful to the shot.

Looks like a wonderful place to live. :)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Fun stuff :) I wish they were bigger though :( I like the grass and rocks ones the best!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Great to see you around Soa!

1. Titled just a bit too much for my taste, though the colors are great.

My dog was sat there for a total of 3 seconds, I had to work fast. Lol.

2. Too dark, I'd like to see more of the flower in focus

[advertising]There's 2 more pics of that type of flower on my dA. :)[/advertising]

3. I like it.

:D

4. Focus point is too far away I think, otherwise great.

Had to work fast with that one too. The water was coming in, and my camera was basically resting on the rocks. D:

5. My favorite. The rope flowing off the bow of the boat adds something wonderful to the shot.

:D

Looks like a wonderful place to live. :)

Nah, this is a fishing town. Gravel roads, paths, hills, trees, ocean, lots of old people.

Dart.jpg

1. I like this - and I totally get the difficulty of getting a dog to hold a pose while you get the composition just right! The tilting is a bit much but gives the impression that the dog is just about to tootle off!

2. I'd probably have put the flower on the intersection of the lower and left hand third line to get rid of the out of focus foliage which is a bit distracting

3. Love it - only thing I'd do is maybe straighten the horizon in the background. Very nice mood to this photo.

4. I'd like to see how it looks with a longer exposure, but it looks very bright so that probably wasn't possible. I'd maybe have had the foreground rocks in focus as opposed to those further back. Still a nice capture.

5. Can't fault this one at all, love it it has everything needed for a b/w conversion, the texture, the moody sky. Superb

2. I'd probably have put the flower on the intersection of the lower and left hand third line to get rid of the out of focus foliage which is a bit distracting

I took many pictures of that flower, don't worry. :P

But if I had to pick one, it would be this. I wanted to emphasize that I was on the edge of a cliff at the time. o_o

Fp5XF.jpg

Dart.jpg

You know what Soa? These are all [bleep]ing amazing. They are all visually stunning, and now I want to get back into photography again, which I think I might just do.

So for that, I thank you :thumbup:

And the boat shot is by far my favourite :)

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Thanks. ^_^

I'm trying to update my gear now though. I can't really afford to spend money now because after summer I will be going to University in a town tha I've never been before, so I don't know how much money I need.

But, I did order some macro filters since macro and landscape/seascape photography is what I'm most interested in.

Dart.jpg

I don't feel the amazingness of the boat shot like everyone else. :mellow:

Its good, and I like the balance, but the black and white lacks punch, I feel.

9cfM6.jpg

Love this shot, seriously do. Great colours, sharp and beautiful.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I LOVE the last one. Keep it up! Can't wait to see more!

Same. I just saw the full size version on DA, which is even better than the one posted here.

As others have said, the last three are imo the best.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Thanks. ^_^

I'm trying to update my gear now though. I can't really afford to spend money now because after summer I will be going to University in a town tha I've never been before, so I don't know how much money I need.

But, I did order some macro filters since macro and landscape/seascape photography is what I'm most interested in.

Can I recommend the Tamron 90mm f/2.5 SP Adaptall Mount Macro (manual focus but fantastic lens) and if you're into bird photography the Sigma 400mm f/5.6 HSM Telemacro?

The macro isn't true 1:1 but you can get a set of manual extension tubes for about £10 which will take it to greater than life size reproduction. You could pick up either for around £100, which is pretty cheap for good quality lenses!

This one?

I live no where near a place that sells anything for photography, and when I mean no where near, I mean no less than 500 miles. :P

But yeah, The Tamron lens looks cool, but I'd rather wait until I leave for school until I buy lenses. There's nothign to take pictures of here really..

Labrador is barren.

Dart.jpg

This one?

I live no where near a place that sells anything for photography, and when I mean no where near, I mean no less than 500 miles. :P

But yeah, The Tamron lens looks cool, but I'd rather wait until I leave for school until I buy lenses. There's nothign to take pictures of here really..

Labrador is barren.

Fleabay is where it's at! That's the lens though yep. I haven't bought anything from a physical camera shop for years.

I thought you really meant fleabay. Lol

I order stuff from ebay.ca sometimes..

h1cDq.png

Free sig, I'll put your name on it whoever claims it first.

Dart.jpg

First: It looks like it's out of focus :(

Second: This is stunning, great shot here Soa.

Third: Really nice, mellow photo. Good work here. The HDR worked great.

Fourth: I like how it is smack bang in the centre, and it almost challenges what we usually accept as ideal ie. Rule of thirds.

All in all, good stuff Soa :thumbup: :thumbup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg