Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

Out of curiosity, what's your XP/H on rocktail?

I honestly can't answer that accurately enough for it to be reliable :(

I haven't timed my trips down there at and/or logged that with the xp gained, so I'm not sure. All I know is last week was the first drop in my overall xp / hr since I started this blog <_< lol

Trollbomber.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I did a couple of farm runs yesterday, and got bored of agility after an hour of training... haha. So much for 95 yesterday.

I'm feeling a lot better lately about comp cape becoming a reality, except for the dungeoneering part of it. Several members of EoE are already 120, and many more are passing me each day. I'm worried that if I hold off on dungeoneering until max cape, many people will already be 120/200M DG and won't be as eager to train it anymore, which brings me to a hard decision to make:

• Continue skilling as planned and save dungeoneering until I'm maxed
  • Begin training dungeoneering nonstop until 120, with the exception of farm runs in between (and maybe some agility when no one wants to DG)

I have my mind set on the latter for now, as the 87M+ dungeoneering xp I still need to gain kind of worries me, but I added a poll just for fun to see what everyone else thinks. I'm still slightly ignorant on some dungeoneering monsters/bosses/rooms, so I'd rather being DGing and become familiar with all of that while there are plenty of people to DG with, rather than possibly not being later. I really have no idea when I'd be able to finish up 120 DG, but I would like to have it by no later than the end of July this year, although I think I might be able to get it earlier.

If anyone has any experience with how fast you can gain xp / achieve 120 by solely focusing on DG while playing and not skilling, feel free to let me know :)

Trollbomber.png

[hide]

So I did a couple of farm runs yesterday, and got bored of agility after an hour of training... haha. So much for 95 yesterday.

I'm feeling a lot better lately about comp cape becoming a reality, except for the dungeoneering part of it. Several members of EoE are already 120, and many more are passing me each day. I'm worried that if I hold off on dungeoneering until max cape, many people will already be 120/200M DG and won't be as eager to train it anymore, which brings me to a hard decision to make:

• Continue skilling as planned and save dungeoneering until I'm maxed
  • Begin training dungeoneering nonstop until 120, with the exception of farm runs in between (and maybe some agility when no one wants to DG)

I have my mind set on the latter for now, as the 87M+ dungeoneering xp I still need to gain kind of worries me, but I added a poll just for fun to see what everyone else thinks. I'm still slightly ignorant on some dungeoneering monsters/bosses/rooms, so I'd rather being DGing and become familiar with all of that while there are plenty of people to DG with, rather than possibly not being later. I really have no idea when I'd be able to finish up 120 DG, but I would like to have it by no later than the end of July this year, although I think I might be able to get it earlier.

If anyone has any experience with how fast you can gain xp / achieve 120 by solely focusing on DG while playing and not skilling, feel free to let me know :)

[/hide]

I would say 94+ then go for 120 then finish of skills.

Even better idea is do dung and skills until summer then go 120 during summer when more people are like to want to dung :thumbsup:

orlyn.png

youry.png

Decided to go ahead and go with my plan of focusing mainly on 120 Dungeoneering. I think it will be fun once I get the hang of it again.

Only need to gain 86,670,766 more xp. No big deal.

When floors are unavailable, or while waiting for them to fill, I will be focusing on agility and farm runs. I'll be training agility at BAA, and I have quit farming fellstalk and moved onto snapdragon. Although XP from fellstalk is nice, I'd rather make some money while farming to start saving more for buyables later on. So, I sold my dragon pick, as I won't be using it for a while, along with several other items, and went ahead and bought / made farming supplies:

120221191829.png

120221185646.png

Should get 95 farming this week, and I'll probably get 95 fishing tonight as I'm very close before I start my DGing spree. Hopefully I'll be 120 before the end of summer.

Trollbomber.png

I like your attitude. :-P

But yea, doing DG right away is probably the best way due to the factors you mentioned + that you'll get XP in the other skills from dging. Oh and you'll obviously get comp cape faster by mainly doing DG, and other non maxed skills while waiting for floors than if you'd get max cape first and then... not have any skills left while finding floors.

Did you forget how to remove SK links? D:

Naw I remember how to, I just forgot to on the past few pictures. Is it necessary on blog posts?

I like your attitude. :-P

But yea, doing DG right away is probably the best way due to the factors you mentioned + that you'll get XP in the other skills from dging. Oh and you'll obviously get comp cape faster by mainly doing DG, and other non maxed skills while waiting for floors than if you'd get max cape first and then... not have any skills left while finding floors.

Thanks.

I'm glad I'm deciding to get it out of the way now to reduce some wasted xp in the long run, as well as being bored once I have max cape and realize I have a ton of dungeoneering left to do for comp. Not sure how long it will take though. Would like to have it by the end of this summer, but we'll see :wink:

Aside from DGing I'm just going to stick with my dailies on the side, along with training skills like agility while waiting for floors. I'm debating whether or not to keep using JOAT/pengs/TI/XP lamps on Agility, or to start using them on Dungoneering instead to cut down the time to 120. I guess I'll just see how fast I'm able to gain xp doing floors.

Trollbomber.png

Did several floors tonight and gained just under 400k xp overall.

Not even 1%, not even mad:

120223224537.png

Also was 1k from a fishing level so I got it just for fun:

120223220058.png

Closing in a bit more on 95 agility (428k from, 61% skoll left) and 95 farming (105k from). Might get those over the weekend depending on how often I play/DG.

Not much going on other than that. Up to 240k DG tokens. I think I'll save until I can afford to buy the 3 prayers required for comp cape + the rest of the chaotics, and then I'll start spending on XP.

Trollbomber.png

Several floors + lots of time at BAA training agility tonight.

First off, and foremost, I am the 1%

120225000325.png

I'm going to be saving tokens (285k currently) until 107 DG. That will leave me enough to buy the rest of the chaotics (4 left), as well as the 3 prayers required for comp cape. Afterwards I'll be spending all tokens on xp. I'm hoping I'll be 107 DG by the end of next month :D

Got pretty close to 95 agility (118k from) and 95 farming (67k from). I'll surely get the agility level tomorrow, and probably the farming on Sunday.

Trollbomber.png

Removing SK links is never really necessary, especially on blogs since you make your own rules*, I was just wondering if you had forgotten so I could send you the PM again.

*To an extent!

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Got 95 agility yesterday, as well as getting pretty close to 95 farming and 103 DG.

Pretty busy with IRL stuff lately so I'm probably just going to do dailies (assists, flasks, JOAT, farm run) for a little while until I have more time to play.

Trollbomber.png

Oh so efficient :ohnoes:

I fletch because it motivates me to do Livid, I find it more fun. It's also efficient but that's meh.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Haven't posted (or played for that matter) for several days. Was busy play IRLscape for a little while, but will probably start playing a little more.

First off, changed my name. Ever since I started playing I wanted the name "Nerdbomber", but it hasn't been available for over six years, so I decided to settle with "Nerd Bomber", which is fine with me. inb4 Nerdbomber is available tomorrow.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I got 95 agility recently (no screenshot). However, with only 20% of my skoll boots left, I have a feeling 96 might be a while. I'm currently 814k from 96, but luckily haven't done penguins or troll invasion yet which will help out a little

I've still been farming and DGing when floors are available. 14k from 95 farming, so I should get that today, and 506k from 103 DG, which should come sometime this weekend. I keyed my first floor in six months last night, which ended up being a 17-something minute abd, which was fine with me. I need to get into the habit of keying again and work on my technique a lot more, so I'm going to try and key most of my floors from now on (granted none are available at that time).

Pretty excited for the BTS March. I expected the BXPW, so no real surprise there. Managed to get all my torstol when they were about 34k ea, which may not be a HUGE savings, but I have a feeling they might rise for a while. Also managed to buy all my 600 snap seeds for 55k each, which have risen to about 60k+ now, so that's fine with me. Pretty certain I won't be able to farm the 487 remaining seeds before BXPW rolls around, but I'll try to farm as many as possible to get a decent amount for my herbs. Excited for the new task diary set. I think I'll be able to do most of it, but I'm worried about Temple Trekking requirements or something similar that I never do. Oh well, I'd like to have Taskmaster back so I'll do what I have to.

Dailies/D&D-wise, I've been kind of lazy. Forgot to do penguins last week, and haven't made flasks for the past 5 days. Heard they dropped a lot in value so I might just start mining/banking the sandstone then just make a bunch of vials later on. Also been forgetting to do Bork for about a week or so, not that it's that big of a deal though with 99 summoning/ect. Some good news is that I should manage to hit 96 construction via assists before BXPW rolls around. After 99 Herblore on BXPW, I'm hoping to hit 97 agility as well, seeing as that's all I'm training afterwards. We'll see though :wink:

Trollbomber.png

Still been sticking to my plan. Got 95 farming earlier this morning (no screenshot).

Also got this just a bit ago:

120303162208.png

Currently 1.87M from 104. If I'm lucky I'll be able to get that by tomorrow night, but if not then at least sometime next week. My birthday is in a month so I made a random goal to try to have 107 DG (all chaotics + prayers bought) by then just for fun. After that I can start spending tokens on XP :) Also currently 737k from 96 Agility with 12% of skoll boots left + penguins/troll invasion still to do.

Thinking about using my hati gloves (85% left) at abby specs so I can get pure range xp from them, and make some of the money back rather than continuing the now-nerfed crawlers. 240k from 98 at the moment, so the gloves will probably put me around halfway to 99.

Also, I reached my goal I made a while back of having 100M+ net wealth again. Too bad half of it's going bye bye on BXPW lol:

120303182928.png

Trollbomber.png

Only xp waste if you were to completely get rid of it and do nothing in the 3 minutes you wouldve spent blowing that glass (hnnnng) tbh.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Tonight was a pretty awesome night. I got on and did troll invasion and penguins first. I'll be using the XP from TI + 48 penguin points sometime after BXPW to get a little more xp for them (I should be 96-97 agil by then).

I did a couple of floors tonight also, my last of which yielded me a fancy new Hexhunter Bow:

120306213912.png

Bound it with 97 range, as I was only 240k off 98 and planning on getting it soon. This was motivation if there ever was such a thing:

120307005836.png

Sadly I wasted quite a bit of time at abby specs simply using cannon for range xp (trying to get the most out of my hati gloves). After waiting almost 2 hours for 200k xp I decided to just go to chins even though I don't have full range void. Either way was going to be expensive. I still need 99 Ranged for my arrow bind, so I'll be chinning until then. It's kind of late, so I may not get it tonight, but I should definitely have it by tomorrow.

EDIT: Just finished up using my hati gloves... they got me close though. I'm only 494k XP away from 99 Ranged, so I gained just over 1M xp tonight. I'll definitely have it tomorrow, hopefully along with my arrow bind (and maybe 104 DG).

Luckily I saved up ~500k+ tokens so I was able to purchase T10 Desperado right away. I'll probably still work on buying the rest of the chaotics + the three prayers before I start using tokens on XP. At this rate, that probably means no tokens on XP till 108 DG or so (hopefully by the end of April). Looking forward to being able to use my new toy from now on. Should make 120 a lot more fun :thumbsup:

Trollbomber.png

Got my 12th 99 tonight:

120307201202.png

120307201403.png

And after several arrow hunts, finally got these:

120307232354.png

Also spent 300k+ tokens to get a new ring:

120307233238.png

My current setup (+PBA):

120307235548.png

No legitimate floors tonight, but I trolled around on 117/77 a bit just to have fun with my hex and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to begin using it in real floors soon. 306k from 104 DG so I should have that first thing this weekend.

Decided to go ahead and use up my current 16 penguin points (still haven't hunted this week's) as well as my troll invasion book for a quick 110k agility xp, bringing me 525k to 96. I sold/quit farming snapdragons due to the low price everything is at now. The tiny bit of money I earned was alright, but I prefer the 15k farm/xp per herb run over the ~50k profit. Got a cash stack of 31M now after having sold that and returned to fellstalk farming. Not sure what to invest it in. It would get me 99 construction over BXPW after I got 99 herblore, which is very tempting, but then in turn leaves me completely broke afterwards, so who knows?

Trollbomber.png

Started off the evening with some extremely trolling warps. I broke my plate when I got my hex, but am debating whether or not to keep it that way, or to break hood for plate. Regardless, at least one of the floors gave me this:

120309193242.png

Reached 233k tokens again so I could finally buy T10 Berserker. From now on I decided I'll be spending tokens on XP until I get closer to 120, at which point I'll begin to care about the prayers for comp cape + the rest of my chaotics:

120310002520.png

Haven't been DGing a lot lately overall, so I'm going to try and pick up the pace. My current progress:

120310002537.png

Although I'm making overloads for 99 herb for the first part of BXPW (brb 120 DG banked), I'm considering trying to DG if floors are available, just to make up for some slow xp here lately. Gonna try to go for 105 this weekend if possible as well.

Trollbomber.png