Do you guys think Edating is ok?

Soupy17

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E-Dating is lolworthy. Go outside and meat a real person whom you can touch, smell, feel, hear, see, hug, kiss, etc.

E-dating is for cowards, pedophiles, molesters, etc.

Sounds pretty pointless to me, but making toy models out of toothpicks is also equally pointless to me; if it gets you through the night then who am I to judge what other people do in their spare time? So long as you're not hurting anyone I don't see a problem.

Who is this guy and what rock has he been hiding under?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

E-Dating is lolworthy. Go outside and meat a real person whom you can touch, smell, feel, hear, see, hug, kiss, etc.

This post is even more humorous with how you used 'meat' instead of 'meet.'

There are no girls on the internet.

Lulz.

Honestly, no, it's just a bad idea imo. True e-dating is just fail. There is a difference between this (at least in my eyes according to my definitions) and using online dating services or long-distance relationships (which don't tend to work out either.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You seem mad about something that doesn't affect you.

herp-derp.jpg

Edit: Shoot, is it possible to resize images without editing them myself?

PM me for fitocracy invite

Excuse my bad spelling and grammar. I grew up in a 3rd world country with substandard a substandard english education.

Excuse my bad spelling and grammar. I grew up in a 3rd world country with substandard a substandard english education.

Qatar eh?

Guest jrhairychest

I've met more weirdo's in RL than on the Internet. I'm sure there's a lesson there somewhere........ :unsure:

herp-derp.jpg

He asked for an opinion. I gave mine. Something wrong with that?

Guess you have a substandard english education just like me, seeing as you have a hard time understanding that.

Qatar eh?

I'm afraid it's worse than that. South Africa.

herp-derp.jpg

Guess you have a substandard english education just like me, seeing as you have a hard time understanding that.

Yes, there is something wrong with that. It is completely illogical and useless. In addition, your generalization of e-daters as coward, pedophiles, or molesters is highly offensive and untrue.

Please avoid ad hominems as well :thumbup:

herp-derp.jpg

Yes, there is something wrong with that. It is completely illogical and useless. In addition, your generalization of e-daters as coward, pedophiles, or molesters is highly offensive and untrue.

Please avoid ad hominems as well :thumbup:

By that i take it you're an e-dater.

Sorry for offending you, really :'(

Just because you're alright with something it doesn't mean you necessarily partake in that activity. I'm fine with people smoking. Am I a smoker? No, because I don't think it's something that's right for me.

People do different things to make themselves happy. If it makes them happy, then it makes them happy. If it makes them unhappy, then it makes them unhappy. People have the right to make stupid decisions. In fact, those are often the most beneficial ones because more often than not people learn from their mistakes.

j0xPu5R.png

Maybe you could actually argue his points instead of saying stupid [cabbage] that doesn't mean anything.

Just because you're alright with something it doesn't mean you necessarily partake in that activity. I'm fine with people smoking. Am I a smoker? No, because I don't think it's something that's right for me.

People do different things to make themselves happy. If it makes them happy, then it makes them happy. If it makes them unhappy, then it makes them unhappy. People have the right to make stupid decisions. In fact, those are often the most beneficial ones because more often than not people learn from their mistakes.

Both well put.

Maybe you could actually argue his points instead of saying stupid [cabbage] that doesn't mean anything.

I see no need to argue his point when Google can do my arguing for me. Do a simple search. The amount of people that have been molested, raped, murdered or attempts at any of the aforementioned, due to e-dating are staggering. In the school i used to go to, heck even in the country i used to live in, this happened so often. It was on the news at least once every week or two. Yes, the same thing might happen when you date the old fashioned way, but by staying away from e-dating you make it a lot harder for yourself to fall victim to this. Its a lot easier to create a fake persona on an internet dating site than it is creating (and living) by this fake persona in real life.

Now you might argue that this is more likely to happen in a 3rd world country due to the lack of knowledge or understanding (and by that i mean understanding that the internet is full of lies **), but they are still people like you and me thus making my argument somewhat valid although just (or more common) within a certain community.

**You might find it funny that i mention this: "and by that i mean understanding that the internet is full of lies".

But once again you would be surprised how uninformed a lot of people in Africa are about what the internet really is.

I see no need to argue his point when Google can do my arguing for me. Do a simple search. The amount of people that have been molested, raped, murdered or attempts at any of the aforementioned, due to e-dating are staggering. In the school i used to go to, heck even in the country i used to live in, this happened so often. It was on the news at least once every week or two. Yes, the same thing might happen when you date the old fashioned way, but by staying away from e-dating you make it a lot harder for yourself to fall victim to this. Its a lot easier to create a fake persona on an internet dating site than it is creating (and living) by this fake persona in real life.

Now you might argue that this is more likely to happen in a 3rd world country due to the lack of knowledge or understanding (and by that i mean understanding that the internet is full of lies **), but they are still people like you and me thus making my argument somewhat valid although just (or more common) within a certain community.

**You might find it funny that i mention this: "and by that i mean understanding that the internet is full of lies".

But once again you would be surprised how uninformed a lot of people in Africa are about what the internet really is.

It is true that it's a lot easier to make a fake persona over the Internet, which is why I don't recommend it. However, it wouldn't be accurate to assume that every case ends up the same way. Take for instance a couple in my clan. The two leaders edated and got together. Now they're married and have a happy relationship. In many other situations I can think of, the relationships really didn't work out like that, but in no way did they get involved with pedophiles or anyone who would be considered in that group. Quite similar to regular dating actually in the sense that you don't find the right person right away judging by those characteristics.

Again, I do agree it is much easier for it to happen and therefore it can happen more often. However, it's not fair to generalize based on that fact alone.

j0xPu5R.png

I see no need to argue his point when Google can do my arguing for me. Do a simple search. The amount of people that have been molested, raped, murdered or attempts at any of the aforementioned, due to e-dating are staggering. In the school i used to go to, heck even in the country i used to live in, this happened so often. It was on the news at least once every week or two.

Good. Then finding a source for your claim shouldn't be too much to ask for then, would it? It's either a notable amount, in which case newpapers should be covering it (thus, you can post URLs here); or it isn't notable and, basically, you're wrong.

Yes, the same thing might happen when you date the old fashioned way, but by staying away from e-dating you make it a lot harder for yourself to fall victim to this. Its a lot easier to create a fake persona on an internet dating site than it is creating (and living) by this fake persona in real life.

I'd argue the opposite. Given the vast quantities of information we freely store on the Internet (think of how much we give Facebook alone), the lack of security guarding this information, it wouldn't be too difficult to find the identity of someone fairly quickly, even if they were using pseudonyms as we do around the Tip.It Forum. To use dating websites you also need access to the Internet, so either you need an Internet cafe, in which case you're on CCTV, or you need a supplier, in which case there's a contract, in which case there's a bank account and a paper trail.

Compare that to a lonely hearts column in a newspaper where frankly, I could put down any name I wanted and no-one would know any better.

I don't actually understand what any of the above has to do with anything previously discussed in this thread. I mean, quite apart from the racist undertone, it's totally irrelevent.

To begin with:

[hide]

7ix8J.png

[/hide]

To unspam: I think Edating is perfectly fine. I'm not how sure how well it works, but there's nothing morally or logically wrong with it as far as I can tell. If you have a busy life style and don't have time to go out 5 times a week to meet someone you like being with, Edating could be perfect.

Runescape Edating...Well, if I remember correctly, that's where a girl (Or a guy pretending to be a girl) spams "Looking for rich bf" until a desperate guy "Marries" her and gives her roughly 75% of the items in his bank.

I see no need to argue his point when Google can do my arguing for me. Do a simple search. The amount of people that have been molested, raped, murdered or attempts at any of the aforementioned, due to e-dating are staggering. In the school i used to go to, heck even in the country i used to live in, this happened so often. It was on the news at least once every week or two.

Good. Then finding a source for your claim shouldn't be too much to ask for then, would it? It's either a notable amount, in which case newpapers should be covering it (thus, you can post URLs here); or it isn't notable and, basically, you're wrong.

Yes, the same thing might happen when you date the old fashioned way, but by staying away from e-dating you make it a lot harder for yourself to fall victim to this. Its a lot easier to create a fake persona on an internet dating site than it is creating (and living) by this fake persona in real life.

I'd argue the opposite. Given the vast quantities of information we freely store on the Internet (think of how much we give Facebook alone), the lack of security guarding this information, it wouldn't be too difficult to find the identity of someone fairly quickly, even if they were using pseudonyms as we do around the Tip.It Forum. To use dating websites you also need access to the Internet, so either you need an Internet cafe, in which case you're on CCTV, or you need a supplier, in which case there's a contract, in which case there's a bank account and a paper trail.

Compare that to a lonely hearts column in a newspaper where frankly, I could put down any name I wanted and no-one would know any better.

I don't actually understand what any of the above has to do with anything previously discussed in this thread. I mean, quite apart from the racist undertone, it's totally irrelevent.

Africa = Continent =/= Race.

Therefore saying it has a racist undertone =/= invalid.

As for it being irrelevant. It's going to be really hard for me to actually explain what i mean by this if you haven't lived in Africa yourself. And no matter how i say it, it WILL sound like i'm taking a bash at a certain race even if im actually trying to justify their way of thinking.

As for this

If you're in need of any evidence, the internet is at your disposal. This is not a court case, and i do not need to defend myself. I have no point to prove, but if you feel like you need to prove something you're more than welcome to do find whatever you can to do so. If you're ignorant enough to think i'm wrong, then that's an intellectual disability you're going to have to live with. I can't help you there.

One of my friends met her husband on RS. I also have a RS friend who's been dating some guy for years she met on RS. Whatever works for people, I say go for it. Say what you will, you can form some pretty strong relationships online with people.