Should I sell my Snapdragon Herbs now?

aznbeaver25

I have a lot of Snapdragon herbs that I have recieved from friends and farming. Now I am wondering if I should sell them and take what I can get, or wait and hope for the prices to rise (mabye like wating for another bonus weekend).

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks in advance.

No, do not sell Snapdragon herbs right now. I tried selling a few yesterday and they didn't even sell for 15% below med. However, once I made them into Unfinished Potions, they sold for 5% under med.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I've been trying to sell clean snaps for a few days but not even for 15% below do they sell. He is mistaken.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I've been trying to sell clean snaps for a few days but not even for 15% below do they sell. He is mistaken.

Or trolling...

The price will eventually go back up; the latest would be when prices spike and crash during bxpw.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

How am I trolling? I posted legitimate advice.

azeem1992.png

It wasn't directed at you. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

It's okay. I got confused. I thought you said I was trolling, but you were telling me he was trolling.

OT: Snaps will probably not sell for a long time, so instead of waiting a long time to sell them for way under market, turn them into unfinished snapdragon potions and sell for -5%.

azeem1992.png

It's okay. I got confused. I thought you said I was trolling, but you were telling me he was trolling.

OT: Snaps will probably not sell for a long time, so instead of waiting a long time to sell them for way under market, turn them into unfinished snapdragon potions and sell for -5%.

...All prices are different and cannot be compared in terms of % above or below GE price.

Turning the snap into unfinished pots is going to take time and he might as well just dump the snaps when he can and make money using other ways.

It also depends on if he has a scroll of cleansing and myriads of other reasoning.

I would just hoard it for now, and unload in the future.

I can't stand things like making unfinished potions/etc because there's so much other skills to level and the profit from these aren't so good (especially since all the prices of herbs + unf potions are so volatile - a few hours may mean a few mil or so decrease in profit and make even count for a loss)

capt%20kevin.png

Are you 99 herblore?

why not use them, or wait till another bxpw and get even more out of them?

If you want to sell them, there is no sure way of telling wether they rise or fall. I'd wait a week or so, see if they recover. If they do, wait some more, if they don't, sell them.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Are you 99 herblore?

If you want to sell them, there is no sure way of telling wether they rise or fall. I'd wait a week or so, see if they recover. If they do, wait some more, if they don't, sell them.

Using them is the same as selling them.

Are you 99 herblore?

Using them is the same as selling them.

Nope. If you have 10k marrentill is selling them the same as using them?

Anyway my advice is to hold them until the next BXPW and sell then. I'd imagine you could get at least 9k for each of them.

2496 total achieved June 30, 2013

...All prices are different and cannot be compared in terms of % above or below GE price.

Turning the snap into unfinished pots is going to take time and he might as well just dump the snaps when he can and make money using other ways.

It also depends on if he has a scroll of cleansing and myriads of other reasoning.

I can't stand things like making unfinished potions/etc because there's so much other skills to level and the profit from these aren't so good (especially since all the prices of herbs + unf potions are so volatile - a few hours may mean a few mil or so decrease in profit and make even count for a loss)

I'd rather sell them quickly for a bit under market than wait way too long to sell for just under med. More people buy Snap unf due to it being one step closer to a Super Restore than a Clean Snapdragon herb. Also, how is making unfinished potions a waste of time? It only takes about 10 seconds for 14...

azeem1992.png

I'd rather sell them quickly for a bit under market than wait way too long to sell for just under med. More people buy Snap unf due to it being one step closer to a Super Restore than a Clean Snapdragon herb. Also, how is making unfinished potions a waste of time? It only takes about 10 seconds for 14...

If all of the information previously stated on this thread is correct (10 seconds to make 14 potions, 10k snapdragons banked, snaps sell for 15% under and unf pots for 5% under), then the OP saves himself 5.61mil in 119 minutes. Meaning if the decision is to sell now, the herbs should be made into unf pots if the OP values his time at less than 2.8m/hour.

As for the actual decision to sell or not- I can only speculate. Hopefully the above information helps a little (:

catfight2.jpg

If all of the information previously stated on this thread is correct (10 seconds to make 14 potions, 10k snapdragons banked, snaps sell for 15% under and unf pots for 5% under), then the OP saves himself 5.61mil in 119 minutes. Meaning if the decision is to sell now, the herbs should be made into unf pots if the OP values his time at less than 2.8m/hour.

As for the actual decision to sell or not- I can only speculate. Hopefully the above information helps a little (:

wastless herblore can speed up the timing and he can get more unf pots for those 10k snaps, extending his profit (estimate of around 11200 from my experience from 70-99 herblore using wasteless herblore)

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

Selling them unfinished would be the wiser choice if my percentage below med to sell still works.

azeem1992.png

Snapdragon unf are very, very unstable.

I've farmed up over 1k snaps and I was just wondering what the price of the unf was.

Twice today, I checked the price and the first time I bought it for like 5500 which I thought was extremely cheap (measures a loss on the herb -> unf pot)

The second time I checked, I bought one at 4998 (I did this like an hour or two ago).

I don't know if these are the true prices that they're floating around at, but if that's the case - making unfinished snap dragons is a horrible idea.

On a happier note, I've tested selling one clean and one grimy snapdragon. Surprisingly, they both sold for over mid (whereas a couple of days ago - they wouldn't even sell for 5% under mid)

capt%20kevin.png

I have just sold some unf snaps from my nightly farm run, and they sold for 5 under med in just a few seconds..

azeem1992.png

Snapdragon unf are very, very unstable.

I've farmed up over 1k snaps and I was just wondering what the price of the unf was.

Twice today, I checked the price and the first time I bought it for like 5500 which I thought was extremely cheap (measures a loss on the herb -> unf pot)

The second time I checked, I bought one at 4998 (I did this like an hour or two ago).

I don't know if these are the true prices that they're floating around at, but if that's the case - making unfinished snap dragons is a horrible idea.

On a happier note, I've tested selling one clean and one grimy snapdragon. Surprisingly, they both sold for over mid (whereas a couple of days ago - they wouldn't even sell for 5% under mid)

The calculations I did were based on the info previously posted and should be treated as such :P I have no intention to mislead the OP I simply did some number crunching (:

catfight2.jpg