The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

First 60+ non-combat on my ult. I'm trying to get 54 fletching for a mithril crossbow so I can do tasks that require a grapple (there are at least five of them). Apparently you can get a grapple by burning mangled bones so I don't have to train smithing.

aHihRhP.png

But what are the odds of you actually getting it from burning? This is a two way street. I went to burn my chewed bones and went "eh I'll never get anything good like a d full helm." Then lo and behold, a DFH. I've had shit luck since though :P

Are they a common reward? I normally just get potions

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

But what are the odds of you actually getting it from burning? This is a two way street. I went to burn my chewed bones and went "eh I'll never get anything good like a d full helm." Then lo and behold, a DFH. I've had shit luck since though :P

Are they a common reward? I normally just get potions

They should be a pretty common reward. I've burned four bones so far but no grapple yet

Finally got a portal chamber and some portals in my house. I decided to build Ardy and Falador first so I don't have to carry water runes anymore. Now I just need a lava staff and I won't need earths either :)

g87neqd.png

Second 60+ non-combat. Over halfway done with graceful robes too, but agility is really boring so I take breaks constantly.

Fh5xTJr.png

U haz da mad skillz y0! Gud going!

P.S.:  I don't *really* type like ^...

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure." ~Isaiah 33:15-16

yehoshua-i.png

My BlogScape!

How do you plan on training rc :o

Noted ess and nature runes?

I'll collect noted ess from slayer and then just use it normally. I can unnote them by using them on a bank booth. I'll probably use the Abyss though it's kind of risky :P

After lots of grinding I finally got my full graceful set. I have almost 60 agility now and probably won't be training it again any time soon. I'll have to get 70 eventually for Sara godwars though :P

pQnWC2k.png

Wish I could bank all the lobsters instead of selling them in the general store :( Being an ultimate ironman is suffering /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

a67FhiL.png

So are you sticking with the ult for the foreseeable future? Any plans to go back to your DIY?

I play on Old Runar every once in a while, but right now I'm enjoying my ult much more. After 4 years of DIY it's nice to try something new. The main downside of no bank is that I can't really collect clue loots. At least I'll be able to store my future ranger boots in my house :P

One cool thing about playing an official ironman is the highscores list. I'm currently rank 268 on the ultimate list and almost in top 5k for all ironmen. I'll try to get in top 100 ults at least.

Here are my current ult ranks:

WEgE0Ha.png

• Like 1

Wait I had no idea, you can't use the bank?

Right. Ultimates can't use the bank and they lose everything when they die (though it's possible to pick up the items from the ground if you can get back in time).

Holy headlights that's insane Q.Q

So how do you skill? Just drop absolutely everything?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Wait I had no idea, you can't use the bank?

Right. Ultimates can't use the bank and they lose everything when they die (though it's possible to pick up the items from the ground if you can get back in time).

Holy headlights that's insane Q.Q

So how do you skill? Just drop absolutely everything?

Depends on the skill. I'm going to train smithing by making bolts and darts so I can use them for ranged later. I'll start alching bows once I can make yew bows, they're pretty good money. Crafting can be trained with battlestaves which are great cash too. Cooking is probably the only one where I'll have to drop the items.

Have you thought about getting, say, 50 all?

It will happen eventually thanks to Tears of Guthix, but other than that, nope. The unholy trinity of farming, herblore and runecrafting is just too tedious to train. I'm not going to train runecrafting until I get level 44 from tears.