The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

Awesome progress! What made you go back?

Two old friends made ironman accounts so I decided to show them how a pro does it :shades:

F34uuj2.png

The game has been quite unstable for the last few days so I'll take a break from combat and do something safer. Currently I'm collecting herbs from sorceress's garden. Slowly getting my farming level up too :)

Great news: after two years I finally managed to stream properly on Linux, sounds and all :D You can see here how bad I am at Zulrah (skip to 4:00). Expect more streams in the future. Unfortunately my computer's mic input is broken so I can't use a mic even if I wanted to. I'm getting a new computer in a few weeks though, so maybe then I'll be able to do that.

I got an easy clue from Big Mo today and the reward was actually very good: my third armadyl page :)

3mLSW6l.png

This clue was from Zulrah. That's a black d'hide body(t).

3SlIaV1.png

I'm going to get a fire cape on my ultimate ironman ASAP. I believe the current lowest level cape is level 57 (first ultimate to get cape actually, he also had 1 def). I'm not sure if there are any normal ironman who've done it at a lower level (Rendi tried level 40, but dced).

Because it will probably take me about 4-6 hours to kill all the monsters, I'll have to pray flick pretty much everything. I did a test run on Old Runar and actually managed to do just that despite the current server issues. I only used 5 pray pots with +8 prayer bonus.

My plan is the following:

• collect herbs for 37 herblore from Sorceress's Garden (I'll boost the last level with greenman's ale)
  • get 40-43 prayer (mostly from ectofuntus)
  • get 50 range for hunter's crossbow (better than bone cbow)
  • collect ~5000 kebbit bolts (just to be safe)
  • die at kill Jad
  • receive cape
  • Like 2

I grinded Pest Control for 10 hours straight to get full void. I'll get the mage helm soon too - it's great for Zulrah.

P6VAyhQ.png

Got 97 range and 1700 total while getting void :)

j6oDPXR.png

100 Zulrahs killed! Still no rare drops, though I've received 5 elite clues which are 1/75 :(

sv0qiIM.png

I have a working microphone now! There's some static noise though - I managed to reduce it a little, but not completely. I'll try playing around with the equalizer later to see if that does anything.

Stream suggestions are welcome :P

204 Zulrahs killed without rare drops. I only take a few sharks (and the rest monkfish) now so I don't use too many sharks.

Because the game is still lagging (could be my parents' crap internet though), I decided to do some non-combats now. I have so many logs and battlestaves that I'll get over 10m by alching them all, but I have to make 7k nature runes, 7k bowstrings and get 85 fletching first.

I started my skill grind by using lower level herbs to get 75 herblore.

U3SXHBq.png

Then I decided to get a coal bag to speed up smelting. Got 61-65 mining too :)

XtFpxxc.png

I actually have over 13k coal in my bank now :o I guess I could mine a few thousand iron ore to get ~70 smithing and make a huge pile of steel darts. They will be really useful once I get a blowpipe.

I actually have over 13k coal in my bank now :o I guess I could mine a few thousand iron ore to get ~70 smithing and make a huge pile of steel darts. They will be really useful once I get a blowpipe.

*shakes voodoo pole*

Luck be a Lady

*shakes voodoo pole*

I knew this would happen... *enables anti-voodoo field*

I just finished making 22k darts and got 200k fletching xp in 20 minutes. Now I have plenty of ammo for the blowpipe I'll never get. Unfortunately I didn't get 68 smithing so I can't boost for addy bolts yet. Back to mining!

26Va8kc.png

Another nice level. The seed drops from Zulrah are crazy xp.

2QGhxbq.png

I decided to kill a few crazy archaeologists and finally got the odium shard :o (killcount is incorrect because it was added recently)

UAHaff0.png

And here's a huge achievement! I hope they'll add more prayers in the future though :P

mYPEKhn.png

I also played a little on my ultimate ironman. I wanted to get a low level fire cape, but I'm canceling that goal because the servers are dcing constantly (and my parents' internet is also pretty crap). My main goal right now is to make some money for construction and other stuff.

wGEj5Vq.png