The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

900 demons killed. This is the most boring thing I've ever done in the game -_-

Really?

Took me 1500 cave horrors to get a black mask tbh, when the odds are against you it is very very tedious

Also world 326 is now f2p, wtf.

Luck be a Lady

1000 kills reached -_- Oh well, the chance of not getting a whip in 1k kills is 1/7 so it's not actually that uncommon.

I'll have a vacation starting tomorrow and ending Sunday next week. I'm not going to play RS during that time, but I have an idea for a little RS-related project that I could possibly do. We'll see how that goes.

Nope, not an abyssal demon simulator... a browser-based drop logger. I've found one for RS3, but none for OSRS. I bought a Raspberry Pi two weeks ago so I can use that as a server.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of my current progress:

S3Cur2Q.png

There's still a lot to be done: saving the log to a database, multiple logs per user, multiple items per drop... and most importantly, adding all the bosses and items to the database. At least I have something working now.

P.S. Some of you may remember the game I was making half a year ago. Well, it turned out that it just wasn't fun to play (took me months to realize that for some reason). RuneScape doesn't work as a turn-based game that well. I can post the source code (about 6000 lines of C++ & Lua) if someone wants to see it.

Yeah I'd love to see the source code. I haven't done any lua but a decent amount of c++

Here. Check out the dev-release branch, master is very outdated.

The code is not very beautiful (I didn't know anything about design patterns or stuff like that when I started), but on the other hand, I've never seen a roguelike with good code. If you're on Linux, you need to install Lua (>= 5.2) and SFML (>= 2.0) and probably change clang++ to g++ in Makefile and after that it should compile with make debug. If you're on Windows, good luck :) It's possible but takes some time to install all the stuff you need.

Drop logger progress: you can now create multiple logs. It seems to work pretty well, but I'm worried that there are security holes lurking around somewhere. Next I'll add support for multiple items per drop and after that it should be complete enough to be used :)

zWb3xyH.png

Admin panel is done! It's a bit difficult to use (the drop editor is an exception), but works well.

The site looks a bit better now, too. I don't really know anything about design so I just used Bootstrap.

lZet0UL.png

• Like 2

Reminds me of the drop logger I made a couple of years back for RS3. Was kind of tempted to re-purpose it for OSRS, but no reason to... Now I'm kind of tempted.

Made an account, contains an amusing password too if for some reason you're storing them as plaintext.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Reminds me of the drop logger I made a couple of years back for RS3. Was kind of tempted to re-purpose it for OSRS, but no reason to... Now I'm kind of tempted.

Made an account, contains an amusing password too if for some reason you're storing them as plaintext.

Unfortunately they're encrypted :(

E44Lv04.png

900 demons killed. This is the most boring thing I've ever done in the game -_-

That's interesting, because many people like myself struggle to even log in, let alone play, lol. Best of luck to you. Hopefully the basic number gods of yolocity (read: rs) reward you

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Have you talked to Oziach to unlock abyssal whip drops :o?

But really, you've got one of the most impressive blogs on here, I've been lurking for a while and read through all the pages a couple of days ago.

Calling whip on the 1325th kill, if you're not already there :D

Have you talked to Oziach to unlock abyssal whip drops :o?

But really, you've got one of the most impressive blogs on here, I've been lurking for a while and read through all the pages a couple of days ago.

Calling whip on the 1325th kill, if you're not already there :D

Thanks :) I think I'm past 1325 kills already, though just barely. Maybe it's just a good thing that boosted kills aren't tracked :s