85-99 Dung while C2 Fishing?

Capo_di_Capi

I want to raise my Dungeoneering from 85-99 to unlock some more Chaotic weapons.

My Fishing is 80 and I eventually want 97 for Effigies. Does anybody have a clue on how many Fishing XP I'll get from Fishing C2's 1-29 from 85-99 Dung?

Also, when I get 99 Dung I suppose Barb Fishing is the best option, what are the rates with that method?

I heard Rocktails with the aura is 70k/h? Is this true and if so, would it be an acceptable alternative?

Thank you in advance,

'Noble Mafia.

Thanks. Silly me forgot about boosts, haha. But I need 96 Fish for Fremmenik elite, can I boost that aswell? And you don't suggest C2-fishing for 90-?

That's because cave morays (tier 10 fish) don't spawn in dungeons if you're not 90+ fishing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Additionally, Dung goes up to level 120.

AFAIK, you shouldn't be clearing all your floors as C2.

I thought it was just the ones that you would've cleared as C1s anyways.

This way you're just "using" that time difference it takes (C2-C1) and divide the total fishing exp gained by that to get it relative to good of a method it is versus normally fishing.

Of course, this exp for C2 fishing could be easily increased with the gatherer ring.

capt%20kevin.png

lul. It's still better to C2 then to fish.

They nerfed it by making some spot give half the exp it normally does (or half the fish which would result in the same loss in exp), I'm not sure which.

However, the fact that C2s clear the floors you would C1 - more then makes up for the loss in exp.

And gatherer will definitely help with the exp gains.

capt%20kevin.png

I think gatherer only gives extra resources, not extra xp.

Runewiki states the same.

And they halved the xp you get for about half the fishing spots, not the amount of fish.

More resources = More exp?

Unless the extra resource you would've gotten gives 0 exp.

But that makes no sense (not saying Jagex doesn't do things that make no sense butttttttttttt......)

capt%20kevin.png

And they halved the xp you get for about half the fishing spots, not the amount of fish.

But that makes no sense (not saying Jagex doesn't do things that make no sense butttttttttttt......)

No, you're wrong. The gatherer ring just fills your inventory up faster; you get no additional experience for fish gained from using it. Use berserker to helps you clear floors faster.

Our_Moon.png

No, you're wrong. The gatherer ring just fills your inventory up faster; you get no additional experience for fish gained from using it. Use berserker to helps you clear floors faster.

Sorry, I didn't know that.

On another note, is there anything else worth doing in DG?

I.e. cooking, mining, farming, etc.

Does anybody have the rates for farming, because this might help people get to 99 farming faster.

capt%20kevin.png

From my recent dungeoneering and c2 fishing I've got 0.0603 fish exp per dungeoneering experience. As I'm nearing another ring reset and still haven't done my c2's that figure is favoring dungeoneering experience. I expect after this reset it will get closer to 0.0667 fish exp per dung exp. I was near your fishing level when I started this (was 84 fishing) so I expect you'll get similar results.

I didn't test is myself, but have heard from a few different people that the lower the floor the more fishing spots available, and therefore the better fishing experience. As I'm c2'ing to replace c1'ing I haven't tried the repeat F1 c2 fishing method.

With regards to the nerf 50% of spots provied 50% experience, therefore they only nerfed it by 25%. Its still good as far as I'm concerned, should get 99 fishing before 200M exp :P

Neltak.png

From my recent dungeoneering and c2 fishing I've got 0.0603 fish exp per dungeoneering experience. As I'm nearing another ring reset and still haven't done my c2's that figure is favoring dungeoneering experience. I expect after this reset it will get closer to 0.0667 fish exp per dung exp. I was near your fishing level when I started this (was 84 fishing) so I expect you'll get similar results.

I didn't test is myself, but have heard from a few different people that the lower the floor the more fishing spots available, and therefore the better fishing experience. As I'm c2'ing to replace c1'ing I haven't tried the repeat F1 c2 fishing method.

With regards to the nerf 50% of spots provied 50% experience, therefore they only nerfed it by 25%. Its still good as far as I'm concerned, should get 99 fishing before 200M exp :P

Thanks! That rates seems reasonable. How much Dung XP do you get in total from 1-29 C2? Sorry for my questions lol, I'm on a holiday so I can't figure it out myself.

I also heard that people get double the fishing spots in F1-10 than 10-20 but well, nothing you can do about it can you ;)?

Thanks! That rates seems reasonable. How much Dung XP do you get in total from 1-29 C2? Sorry for my questions lol, I'm on a holiday so I can't figure it out myself.

I also heard that people get double the fishing spots in F1-10 than 10-20 but well, nothing you can do about it can you ;)?

The C2 dung exp is negligible, only amounts to 30-45k exp 1-29. I think. Haven't payed attention to that so I can't really give a definite answer there.

After thinking a little more about it I'm sure you'll get a little more fish exp than I get. I only started paying attention at level 107, meaning I got significantly more dungeoneering experience than you would get per reset yet we would still do the same C2's and get similar fishing exp per reset.

Neltak.png