Blake's DIY Blog - Started Ironman!

Pretty big update!

First off...

110802004500.png

Fail cropping, but you get the idea.

110730005014.png

Here's a pretty big achievement! I was wanting to get more into slayer, and i decided to range it. To do this, I decided to make some iron darts (for fletching xp too). Didn't have a specific number or goal in mind. I kept on mining, starting at 45. I got to 60 without even getting bored! it's my only 60+ skill, and even 50+ for that matter. I also did a couple stars to get cash... which I bought rune platelegs with!!

110728174528.png

Then, I smelted around 800 of the bars and made darts. I don't have enough rubies right now to do all 5k ore that I mined. I got varrock easy diaries done before I started mining, to make it faster. I also got 40 crafting preparing a lot of urns for mining/smithing.

Here's a picture of varrock diary prep... one of the only time I'll EVER trade. Also, it's with my lover and fellow diy'er, so nbd right??

110725205858.png

With the fruits of my mining labor, I decided to go kill a couple fire giants 4tehlulz, and a chance at a rune skimmy. I was only 37 range when I started, and it was taking around 90 darts for each kill. I was getting discouraged around 7 kills, and I thought just a couple more then I'll leave. Then, on the 9th kill...

110729132512.png

I was VERY happy, as you can see in the chat :) no more rune long!

Then, I got 40 range on my slayer task...

110729135515.png

Some other things I've done since the last post was to finish Watchtower for the magic xp. I needed to get 47 to +2 boost to 49 to enchant rings of forging. I also did Animal Magnetism, to get the attractor which makes range so much easier.

Did Creature of Fenkenstrain.

I also got 914 total, leveling mostly all my skills.

I haven't been on due to work and family issues, but I'm done with work for the summer and going on vacation :D I'm not sure if I'll play over vacation or not.

2s0cxth.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys :) just dropping in to say I'm having an awesome vacation, and I get home Wednesday, so I can start playing again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa_k-dY_L7c

;) I'll be waiting for you.. When you're ready to start 'scaping again :D

We could've had it all.

DIY_Dingo.png

DIY_Dingo.png

Diy_Dingo.png

Stop having fun and get back to grinding mindlessly! :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I'm back!

After reading all of the other DIY threads, and being bored, I thought i'd revive my blog and start up my DIY account again :)

Since I started again, I've gotten 50 smithing, fishing, and cooking. Also got 955 total, here's a pic of 950.

fdvK5.jpg

2s0cxth.png

You're back! :)

Congrats on 950 total. 1000 is not far now. :thumbup:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm glad to know people are happy I'm back! :D

Today was a lot of afk training, about 4 hours worth o.O All in all, I fished 800 lobs and got 57 fishing, along with a few trout and salmon. This also got me 55 cooking, but I still have 700 raw lobs I'm waiting for a lower burn percentage for. I also got 45 WC and 41 FM when I was bored of fishing. From an imp, I got 44 hunter, 47 range from a SOF lamp, and 38 slayer from a SOF lamp. Also got 41 crafting from urns.

At the end of the day, I am 981 total which is a pretty big jump. No pictures, but hopefully tomorrow!

2s0cxth.png

So far today, I've gotten...

34 RC --- from obtaining my Wicked Hood, putting some talismans in it, and using it

50 Mage --- from the Circus

42 Crafting --- More fishing urns

For the rest of the day, I'm going to get 60 fishing and cook all of my lobsters, for 60+ cooking. After that, it's Runespan time!! I want to get to 50 so I can play GOP and get all the talismans for my wicked hood, along with the runespan robes for looks/wicked hood upgrades. I might put up a bank pick tonight, it's a tad boring though :P

2s0cxth.png

So last night, there was a thunderstorm and I didn't have internet, so no update then, sorry!

I do have lots of updates tonight though :) Here's the levels I've got the last couple of days -

1030 total, no pic of 1000

60 Fishing - lots o lobs!

61 Cooking - sadly, I burnt about 300 out of 1200 lobs, what a huge waste :/

25 Prayer - random lamps

38 Fletching - Some iron darts

62 Runecrafting - I got this from 32 in ONE DAY! Runespan is great. Highest skill too!

38 Slayer - lamps

24 Farming - some tarromin

[hide=levels May 23 2012]QnIFo.jpg[/hide]

That's all of the levels. I also thought I'd be nice and put in a bank pic, so here you go :)

GcQ0d.png

8Hb1j.png

Dgzwq.png

2s0cxth.png

Thanks, and don't worry, I had to spend 20 minutes cleaning it before I took the pics :P

That also made me have to do the GE tutorial, to be able to decant stuff. But, my history will never have any items in it!

I also just posted in every current DIY blog, haha :)

2s0cxth.png

That's a helluva bank you got there. Congrats on getting 1000+! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :) I was so buys getting levels, I didn't notice I passed 1000 until I was 1012 :P

It took a long time to get all the iron, I had like 5k ores at some point. I would have them all smelted/smithed, but I need more rubies for rings of forging :(

2s0cxth.png

Not much to report for today, I've got up to 67 rc though. Runespan is the easiest thing to AFK, even easier than rocktails :blink: I also got 37 agility from a lamp, might have got another random level too but I forgot.

2s0cxth.png

You should use the artisans workshop unless you need to get knives out of em. 2.5k iron ores = 250k xp there. :)

Isn't it even more then 250k?

I can get 113 xp using iron ignots 1 :thumbsup:

Anyhow, Gratz on the nice lvl's!

It's always nice to see a DIY blog, though i'd never be able to do it myself :mrgreen:

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

I would have done artisan's but when I was training my smithing, I wasn't training it for levels. I needed the knives/darts for range. I am going to range slayer for the most part until 85, so I can have a whip when I'm ~70 attack. I'll need a lot of knives for that :P

2s0cxth.png