Frequent I.P Changes.

Noxx

In the not so distant future (withing the next week or two) i'll be making 2 or 3 trips to Florida withing a short after which i'll be in Florida for a year, if not longer. This will cause my I.P to change every now and then and i fear that Jagex might see this as account sharing. Is there any possible way to get in touch with them and inform them about this, or am i going to have to wait and see what happens?

I ask this because a friend of mine who did a similar thing ( he traveled between 2 states frequently for about 3 or 4 months) got banned for account sharing. I just fear that the same fate awaits me.

I really doubt they'll ban you, and all you'll have to do to get your account back even if they do is appeal and explain. Jagex don't IP ban though so I wasn't aware they used IPs to track someone. I'm sure they're used to people moving IPs.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

i put a list of the ip's i frequent at like my gf's and friends house in my notes allthough i dont know if jagex will be able to read my notes !

menlui.png

purge_cob.png

There will be a time difference between log-ins, Jagex should have half the brain to figure out travelling to Florida takes a good while - they will think nothing of it, it isn't like you are instantly swapping between your current location and a florida IP within minutes of logging in and out.

Luck be a Lady

There will be a time difference between log-ins, Jagex should have half the brain to figure out travelling to Florida takes a good while - they will think nothing of it, it isn't like you are instantly swapping between your current location and a florida IP within minutes of logging in and out.

This. Even if you do happened to get banned for some idiotic reason, making this clear in your appeal would straighten it out I'd think.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well I have a dynamic IP, every time I plug in my modem the IP is different and I haven't been banned, I don't think it's a problem. I think they would only check out IPs if they had some other reason to consider you could be account sharing, like if you're online almost 24/7, and even then if the time difference is long enough for you to have travelled that distance they can't assume you're account sharing. If you log out and 1 min later an IP from the other side of the world logged in then maybe that would look bad, but imo you've got nothing to worry about

Bbk.png

Use a proxy server the entire time (perferably one close to your IRL home).

Lol like i know how to do that :\

Well it seems that i'll be safe anyway, which is good.

This. Even if you do happened to get banned for some idiotic reason, making this clear in your appeal would straighten it out I'd think.

Jagex doesn't seem to even read the appeals. I've seen ban appeals where people just copy and paste song lyrics (pokemon theme song being one that I've seen) and the appeal gets accepted.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Jagex doesn't seem to even read the appeals. I've seen ban appeals where people just copy and paste song lyrics (pokemon theme song being one that I've seen) and the appeal gets accepted.

They don't read the appeals themselves. They probably review the evidence and take it from there.

I remember a video where a Jagex Mod was talking about the funny appeals they receive.

@OP: You won't be banned. If you get banned, appeal it, even though I doubt you will be. I know a few people who account share whom I will not name, and they haven't been caught even though they live in two completely different countries in the world. Just think about it. 150k players can be on at one time. Since dynamic IPs are so easy to get a hold of, they change so frequently, the amount of IP changes that happen overall would be immense.

I know for certain that I have over 600 different IPs on my clan forums. All from me (except one, when they had admin registration).

j0xPu5R.png