Slayer Gear + Herblore Question.

lzzy

First, the Herblore question. Right now I am 71 Herblore and I want to know around how much it would cost to get 85, I currently have 30M.

Now, the Slayer question.

Right now this is my gear for almost all tasks.

Full Slayer helm.

Fury.

Pros. top. I use veracs if I have to "tank".

Pros. legs. Same for above.

Dragon Boots.

Barrows Gloves.

Whip. I am currently DG'ing for a Rapier.

Fire cape.

Dragon Defender.

Now what I want to know is should I get some more cash and buy Bandos and continue slaying until I can afford extremes. Or, would it be better to buy extremes and then save for Bandos?

(Hope this all made sense).

Thanks In Advance.

2cscsia.png]

First, the Herblore question. Right now I am 71 Herblore and I want to know around how much it would cost to get 85, I currently have 30M.

Now, the Slayer question.

Right now this is my gear for almost all tasks.

Full Slayer helm.

Fury.

Pros. top. I use veracs if I have to "tank".

Pros. legs. Same for above.

Dragon Boots.

Barrows Gloves.

Whip. I am currently DG'ing for a Rapier.

Fire cape.

Dragon Defender.

Now what I want to know is should I get some more cash and buy Bandos and continue slaying until I can afford extremes. Or, would it be better to buy extremes and then save for Bandos?

(Hope this all made sense).

Thanks In Advance.

Extremes>bandos. However you can sell bandos once you get enough net worth for extremes. According to grimy's sheets you're looking at ~11-15 gp/exp depending on what potion you make, just do the math.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender (rune defender)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet.
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +10 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +20 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, black dragon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 70 prayer and King's Ransom - piety
  • 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

That's the basics. In general, the gear you have is the bare minimum but quite effective. If you have enough spare cash to buy BCP, get it, and again for tassets. Sell it for the next item on the list above once you have enough wealth to get it without compromising your basic (current) gear and a 5-10m cashpile or so (to afford cannonballs etc.).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +10 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +20 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, black dragon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 88 summoning - unicorn

That's the basics. In general, the gear you have is the bare minimum but quite effective. If you have enough spare cash to buy BCP, get it, and again for tassets. Sell it for the next item on the list above once you have enough wealth to get it without compromising your basic (current) gear and a 5-10m cashpile or so (to afford cannonballs etc.).

Wow, thanks for the awesome answer. My questions regarding gear are answered.

Now, does this sound right -

Get extremes/Rapier. Then get cash for a fury/berserker ring. Now, instead of buying bandos at this point, should I try and get cash for OVL before I buy bandos?

2cscsia.png]

Buy bandos to slayer with and then when your net worth including the price of selling the bandos armour is what Quyneax described at the bottom of her post sell your bandos and buy overloads.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

• Amulet of fury (glory)

• 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 88 summoning - unicorn

This is one of the best posts about slayer I've seen. Follow this to the T. Also, this is not to say you cannot buy Bandos until ALL of that is completed. In fact, you can. Just sell it back when you make the $ for Extremes or if you need $ from these to get you there.

Off topic: Sucks some people in my other forums consider the advice I got from her is misleading and bad. I completely respect her advice.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I found your entire post very useful and as a result will definitely be switching up my methods to incorporate this. The only bit I don't understand is this:

As a rule of thumb, +10 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +20 is a waste).

Surely the higher your prayer bonus the better (at least on tasks where I use the prayer method) or am I missing the point? I don't see how it's a waste if (I think) any and all prayer bonus should be prolonging your prayer... Or is it that by the time you've got 20+ prayer bonus you're at a good place and the items you're using for surplus prayer could be better used for defensive/strength/accuracy bonus? Heh, if I'm missing the point I apologise :)

Perhaps on tasks where you are constantly praying a protection prayer as well as piety/turmoil you then wear proselyte and soul wars cape etc.. Giving a higher than +10 prayer bonus. However, on most tasks +10 is enough to sustain piety/turmoil to a non-wasteful amount and your leg and chest armour pieces should be used to maximise strength if you are wearing a soul wars cape. If you were wearing verac's skirt + torso/bcp. Your prayer bonus is higher based on your body and you should replace the cape with a fire cape to increase your strength bonus. Really it's all about finding a balance between strength and prayer bonuses.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Also I belive prayer bonus has diminishing returns, as in adding 10 prayer bonus when your already at 15 won't help as much as adding 10 prayer bonus at 0

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

To increase cash flow I suggest you carry the highest level explorer ring so you can alch drops. You should also invest in a gem bag because as you slay you'll constantly find gems and they can fetch you a lot of bank over the te spend slaying.

A casual, nonpowerslaying, inventory setup usually includes:

Elite enhanced Excalibur: for healing and extra defense

1-2 prayer potions: for soulsplit+turmoil

1 of each charm: placeholders

cash: obviously another placeholder and helps with my other daily routine

explorer ring 4: for alching. Generally anything that alch's for 3k or more I use high level alchemy

varrock teleport tablets: easy access to the bank and ge to deposits and sell loot

gem bag: for holding up to 100 gems obtained through slayer

slayer ring: checking your task progress and possibly teleporting to a desired slayer master or location

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Also I belive prayer bonus has diminishing returns, as in adding 10 prayer bonus when your already at 15 won't help as much as adding 10 prayer bonus at 0

Your drain rate is multiplied by 30 / (prayer bonus + 30). So if you have 0 prayer bonus you need another 30 to halve your drain rate. If you want to halve it again you need another 60.

So 60 bonus is, when you have 30, worth about half as much as what you already have.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Perhaps on tasks where you are constantly praying a protection prayer as well as piety/turmoil you then wear proselyte and soul wars cape etc.. Giving a higher than +10 prayer bonus. However, on most tasks +10 is enough to sustain piety/turmoil to a non-wasteful amount and your leg and chest armour pieces should be used to maximise strength if you are wearing a soul wars cape. If you were wearing verac's skirt + torso/bcp. Your prayer bonus is higher based on your body and you should replace the cape with a fire cape to increase your strength bonus. Really it's all about finding a balance between strength and prayer bonuses.

Exactly. A +1 to str is better than a +1 to prayer, though you should try to have some prayer bonus. The Slayer setup I used, and plan to use again when I train past 99, gives a +9 Prayer Bonus and a +145 Str Bonus (this is with a chaotic rapier).

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

To increase cash flow I suggest you carry the highest level explorer ring so you can alch drops. You should also invest in a gem bag because as you slay you'll constantly find gems and they can fetch you a lot of bank over the te spend slaying.

explorer ring 4: for alching. Generally anything that alch's for 3k or more I use high level alchemy

varrock teleport tablets: easy access to the bank and ge to deposits and sell loot

slayer ring: checking your task progress and possibly teleporting to a desired slayer master or location

Or just set your house up to teleport.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Or just set your house up to teleport.

Yea, Varrock teleport is less useful than a house teleport.

Also:

Placeholders aren't useful in my experience, since you might not get all four types of charms. Hellhounds, for instance, rarely drop anything but gold charms.

Even more than it used to be, a slayer ring is unnecessary unless you need the teleport or have an extra slot for it. Just track your slayer experience to find out how many left. Write down the exp amounts for tasks and keep a calculator close by, it's pretty easy.

Use a healing familar and skip the EEE, go with claws or something for your special attack. Especially if you've got soul-split.

I've never considered using the Explorer's ring, since it does bring up an interface, however, it could be useful. Gem bag is obviously a good purchase and not many tokens.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png