Advice for starting out pking. (set up and weapon choice)

edard

I am just starting out after getting the levels i want. i will be using range with veng. Im thinking of barrows armour with rune cbow but not entirely sure. Im curious if you think i should get any more levels before i start. Whats a good ko weapon for range as well. i have yet to get the handcannon. also let me know if the stats will be any good for pking in members. Thank you!!

Bad_Eulogy.png

Id reccomend questing for handcannon, and possibly getting the rigour prayer. other than that, guthans legs dhide top and any helm with defense.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

As said before, a handcannon would be ideal. However, on top of doing the quest you would have to get 90~ firemaking to even use it effectively(Unless you want to constantly have it blow up in your face).

Decent equipment would be barrows legwear(Ideally Verac's), a black hide top, nezzy helm, rune kite/obby shield, glory, accumulator, black hide vambs, glory, recoil, ect.

As for a spec weapon... I'm kinda' at a loss. If you're using a rune crossbow, you might want to use dstone bolts. And if you're fighting other range tanks, take along an antifire. Because if all they're relying on for a K0 is a dbolt special, you've just negated pretty much all their K0 power. But expect people to do the same for you.

I have had no luck specing with a dbow. So i personally can't vouch for it. But, if you can make it work then go for it.

Other then that there are Morrigan's javelins. Most likely the best K0 weapon. However, it's extremely expensive as one costs roughly 300k.

It's really up to you. I see a lot of range tanks forgo spec weapons all together and just rely on their crossbow bolts.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Dragon bolts (e) and veng should be enough to ko most people. Wear a torags helm and some decent barrows legs such as guthans for armour. After you have that try and get the highest range attack bonus possible without increasing your risk to a point where you feel uncomfortable. There aren't really any good spec weapons for tanks these days unless you have a handcannon, morrigans is just too expensive.

I don't know exactly how important prayer bonus is, but afaik it's not a huge issue if most of your drain is from smite. If fighting a range tank, Torag's legs/helmet would beat Verac's skirt/helmet I think. Black dragonhide top + glory + snakeskin boots + granite shield/dfs + crossbow or just handcannon (which hits much harder).

You can also use void range, which has very little defence but hits much harder. It greatly increases the reliability of darkbow specials. It's a great risk though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

A good range tank setup I used a lot was torags helm, CKS/DFS, and just d hide body/chaps for the rest w/ your normal accumulator/glory/snakeskin. You risk helm but have great defense as well as the well needed range bonus from the chaps.

It might be worthwhile getting 80 def for the CKS or if you ever plan on using pernix, as well as 74 prayer for rigour, but heavily depends on your bank and if you're willing to invest time into dung. Rigour is actually pretty important and makes pking a lot easier, so it should be your next goal.

And don't get above 70 defence if you plan to rely on range, your KO abilities start to plummet as you increase your CB lvl above 100, although you'll notice it's basically impossible to lose a fight in edge once you're 90+def with decent armour.