Are you easily bought?

brad1431

Everyone is up in arms about botting, RWTing, Andrew selling the company, and people are threatening to quit and making you tube videos......

and then bonus experience weekend is announced and everyone is in love with Jagex.... Are you bought that easily???

If you were really pissed at Jagex and really had a set, you would boycott BXPW to show them that you cant be bought out buy cheap ploys for your money by getting a little faster exp.....

Let's see how many people really put their actions where their mouths are???

thegame1431.png

Many of people are upset by the direction the game is heading; however, they still enjoy the game and therefore play. You'd need more than a few hundred thousand members to quit, you wouldn't be able to achieve that and therefore a boycott is useless and ineffective.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

but how many people threatened to quit and are now rejoicing because of BXPW???

I think you have no evidence in your thread, I haven't yet suppported one BXPW and the majority do not even want them.

Did it occur to you the people quitting aren't the same that are happy about BXPW?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

So you're asking us to boycott BXPW becuase of the crap excuses for updates we've been getting recently?

To put my opinion simply: If Jagex pulls their collective heads out of their collective asses and makes some decent updates, I want to have the stats to enjoy them. I'm not going to miss a chance to get those stats with less grind.

a70c7.png

not everyone on the forum plays....

what I was curious to see is if all the people threatening to quit are the same ones that now cant wait for BXPW.....

that would show that you are just as bad as them, you can be bought for a XP boost, as they can compromise their game for more money. And all the people complaining about microtransactions and refer a friend, how is XPW different, they are buying your membership for extra exp, vs you buying exp for your membership???

It is the pot calling the kettle black....

thegame1431.png

not everyone on the forum plays....

what I was curious to see is if all the people threatening to quit are the same ones that now cant wait for BXPW.....

that would show that you are just as bad as them, you can be bought for a XP boost, as they can compromise their game for more money. And all the people complaining about microtransactions and refer a friend, how is XPW different, they are buying your membership for extra exp, vs you buying exp for your membership???

It is the pot calling the kettle black....

Was maxed long before BXPW even came into Fnords head so why would this gimmick really interest me.

The ironic thing is even though you are making this thread you'll probably be wanting to take part in the XP Weekend

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

whether I made the thread or not doesnt make a difference. My standpoint has been the same, all Jagex cares about is making money, and BXPW makes them money as the kiddies going back to school will keep their members accounts longer to get the BXP.

But for all the people threatening to quit cause of Refer a friend and how this is microtransactions. how is this any different? If you are against refer a friend and microtransactions, isnt BXPW the same thing? You pay them for membership that many would have not because of the school year in exchange you get to take part in BXPW... Isn't that the same thing....

Am I going to play during bonus weekend, sure, but I play every weekend anyway and have a paid membership for the last 4-5 years without stopping, so it makes no difference to me

thegame1431.png

It's about damn time that people realize that Andrew Gower received a [cabbage]load of money for Jagex.

I dare anyone here to refuse hundreds of millions so that players get a true experience made and designed by passionnate people.

Especially with the [cabbage]ty community RS has, full of scumbags and whiners (Not saying there aren't good people, because there are lots). The rants section is probably much more full than the appreciation section with the good comments.

Andrew had every right to sell a company he built, just like you have every right to stop paying your membership or playing the game.

If you don't enjoy the current state of the game, stop playing it and move on to real life. Not like it's gonna be a bad thing anyway.

WarBlastoise.png

They are quite different. BXPW just means paying for membership for a month during which I already will be paying for membership (I pay year round.) The refer a friend, would require me to spend at minimum 5 extra memberships a year to get the 50% bonus xp or the 10% bonus xp over 5 weeks a year. That is what sickens me. Most players don't want to spend 5 memberships for accounts that will do nothing. Yes, I understand the "surface" intention of the program is to support bringing on friends.

The problem with refer a friend, is my friends either: a) treat RS as a kiddie game, or b) already play. And the fact that Jagex outright stated that it was ok to refer yourself. Even if they had allowed it, but not explicitly called out that behavior it would feel a lot less like a money grub.

BXPW is something that we benefit for paying to play the game. Much closer to the other members features. Refer program is something where we benefit by paying for someone else (or NO ONE ELSE!) to play. Refer a friend program is a lot closer to RWT than BXPW.

There are issues with BXPW: Why design a game where you have to add the "patch/bandage" in order to make the game feel playable. There is content for the high end player that is ridiculously insane and grind based, that BXPW can help with.... but why design a game where this kind of underhanded after the fact fix is necessary?

Personally, I won't be playing much during BXPW because I have a family camping trip scheduled that weekend. I would play otherwise, though, so eh.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It's about damn time that people realize that Andrew Gower received a [cabbage]load of money for Jagex.

I dare anyone here to refuse hundreds of millions so that players get a true experience made and designed by passionnate people.

Especially with the [cabbage]ty community RS has, full of scumbags and whiners (Not saying there aren't good people, because there are lots). The rants section is probably much more full than the appreciation section with the good comments.

Andrew had every right to sell a company he built, just like you have every right to stop paying your membership or playing the game.

If you don't enjoy the current state of the game, stop playing it and move on to real life. Not like it's gonna be a bad thing anyway.

Andrew sold his soul for this game.

And now he sold the game, too.

Now he's left with money. That's it.

I'm not sure how satisfied he can be.

so you like BXPW cause you pay and get extra experience, but you dont like refer a friend because you have to pay and get extra experience???

Either way both are marketing ploys to boost memberships buy giving more experience for members.... how do you not see the parallel?

thegame1431.png

^ Exactly.

so you like BXPW cause you pay and get extra experience, but you dont like refer a friend because you have to pay and get extra experience???

Either way both are marketing ploys to boost memberships buy giving more experience for members.... how do you not see the parallel?

You like members because you pay to get higher xp rates that f2p games?

The difference is that I already pay for membership. I don't want to pay for other accounts membership in order to get bonus xp in the game. BXPW is like any other members update, because it fits in the category of "things you can do if you have members". It just so happens that it also fits in the category of "things which take place during a specific time of the year" and people seem to dislike this.

The difference with refer a friend is "you already payed for members. Now, 5 of your friends need to pay for members so that you can get the 50% bonus".

You can't tell the difference between these two things? Ultimately, yes "pay money, get benefit" but they're asking me to "pay more money" to get more benefit when I've already payed (and continue to pay) for membership.

Ultimately, the difference is that you pay for 5 months of membership to get 1 week of bonus, and then never continue membership of those accounts. BXPW is a ploy to make more money, but many players benefit from BXPW without paying more because we're already subscribed. Where as the refer a friend program can only benefit people who either refer friends who are willing to pay, or (expected) pay for friends/random accounts they refer.

There is a clear difference in that I pay for members for all of the members benefits. BXPW is another one of these. Refer a friend is effectively only obtainable through spending extra on top of the existing membership fees. Granted, it is possible for me to have 5 friends who I can say "hey, come try out RS" and they join and give me the 50% bonus for a week. But practically the more often approach will be to create 5 accounts through referrals, and then subscribe them each for one month.

I see a clear difference between the two. Yes, they have parallels, but it isn't the things that are similar, it is how they are different that matters to me.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I think you are missing the point, YOU may pay for a full year, but many of the RS community are kids that only pay during summer months and during breaks. It isnt a coincidence that BXPW happens in september, it is a way to entice these kids to pay for an EXTRA month memebership when normally they would only be members for June-August and cancel their members account in September, that is the whole point of BXPW to get those kids to pay for AN EXTRA month of memebership.... How do you not see that?

thegame1431.png

It's smart marketing. They do things like this at the end of every summer.

Would you be this upset if they came out with something like a new type of GWD? Either way they are coming out with member's content that is going to make people want to play. Their job is to make people want to play.

As stated by Serena, there is a clear difference between normal members benefits, and the benefits from RAF.

nautica.png

nautica.png

The new content is disappointing for me, and I agree many others feel the game is going to pot slightly, however I still enjoy playing the old content that hasn't been tampered with to such a degree. I don't renew my membership solely for the new updates and BXPW, but because there are parts of the game which are very fun :mrgreen:

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

I didnt say it isnt smart marketing, but people seem to love BXPW and hate refer a friend, when the basic concept of the two is exactly the same, they offer extra exp to entice more memberships.....

The difference is one is perceived as the greatest thing in the world, and the other is seen as greedy and immoral, I am trying to point out that they are the same, but people still dont want to see it.

BXPW is NOT part of your membership, there is no guarantee of it, so anyone who says it is part of their membership is incorrect, and just trying to justify why they love BXPW....

thegame1431.png

Guest jrhairychest

@brad1431

I fully agree with you. Good post :thumbup: . Even on these forums there's been shedloads of 'I quit/thinking of quitting if Jagex don't sort things out.' Players are very fickle, some more than others. I would suspect that many who are disagreeing with your point on here just don't want to admit that all is forgiven with Jagex because it suits them now. After bonus XP weekend is done they'll be raging again like kids having tantrums.