Are you easily bought?

brad1431

Well seeing as I don't go out of my way to level on bxpw, it IS just part of my membership. I haven't seen all these people you're claiming to say how it's the best thing ever. I didn't see eveybody saying they were going to quit because of RAF either.

And it seems that you are having trouble discerning between the fact that BXPW is there for your ONE membership, while RAF want's you to buy MULTIPLE memberships to get the xp. Getting bonus xp for "free" in my current membership is a LOT different than paying DOUBLE for it.

nautica.png

nautica.png

I didnt say it isnt smart marketing, but people seem to love BXPW and hate refer a friend, when the basic concept of the two is exactly the same, they offer extra exp to entice more memberships.....

The difference is one is perceived as the greatest thing in the world, and the other is seen as greedy and immoral, I am trying to point out that they are the same, but people still dont want to see it.

BXPW is NOT part of your membership, there is no guarantee of it, so anyone who says it is part of their membership is incorrect, and just trying to justify why they love BXPW....

It is part of your membership because if you pay for membership you get BXPW. RAF isn't because to get it (completely yourself) you need to pay for two memberships instead of the one.

Yea, in both cases you pay for XP, but with BXPW you don't need to go out of your way to pay for it.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

If you were really pissed at Jagex and really had a set, you would boycott BXPW to show them that you cant be bought out buy cheap ploys for your money by getting a little faster exp.....

Boycotting: you're doing it extremely wrong

Boycotting is an extreme measure that should be reserved for meaningful things, done in meaningful ways. A bunch of members who have already paid this month's fees failing to take part in an event that has absolutely no impact on the business whatsoever if you choose not to participate in will do nothing to get your point across. The only person losing out, in that case, is you.

A movement like this isn't inspiring or motivating. It's just...depressingly pointless.

hzvjpwS.gif

I fail to see how releasing BXPW is very different from releasing other content that is supremely popular during September...

Yes, BXPW preys on our desire to have fast free xp, because the game is very grind based, and the cost of herblore and other skills is astronomical (both time and in game GP). Yes, I wish that instead of releasing BXPW they would create lasting but popular content for September.

However, BXPW is nothing at all compared to the disgust I feel for the refer a friend program. I don't mind BXPW, but I absolutely disagree with the intentions of Refer a friend program. I don't really like BXPW because it entices me to play at a time when I don't normally want to (I am pretty busy on weekends). But it's not really a huge issue.

Refer a friend program gives free xp to those who want to pay above and beyond the normal membership. Which is too much like RWT. At least it doesn't give the xp for nothing, you still have to play (unlike buying gp for cash, or straight raw xp for cash would).

I would rather they release better lasting content than a BXPW, because BXPW really shows the flaw in their game design, that they have to release temporary methods of extremely fast xp rates in order to compensate for the shear amount of time it takes to finish the skills. They should design the game to not require this, or live with the consequences of it. I would rather see content that gives comparable xp rates to some of the medium high methods of skills, but which provide more enjoyment such as some excellent minigames. (Ala, dungeoneering. which i find to be incredibly enjoyable, and it also has a very decent experience rate.)

The biggest difference to BXPW or Refer a friend program and normal content is the fact that free xp doesn't feel like "fresh" content.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If you were really pissed at Jagex and really had a set, you would boycott BXPW to show them that you cant be bought out buy cheap ploys for your money by getting a little faster exp.....

Boycotting: you're doing it extremely wrong

Boycotting is an extreme measure that should be reserved for meaningful things, done in meaningful ways. A bunch of members who have already paid this month's fees failing to take part in an event that has absolutely no impact on the business whatsoever if you choose not to participate in will do nothing to get your point across. The only person losing out, in that case, is you.

A movement like this isn't inspiring or motivating. It's just...depressingly pointless.

Masterfully said.

I don't care enough about a company trying to profit from something to make it my high and mighty moral obligation to boycott something that I can use.

This is a game I play sometimes for fun. My character isn't a mirror of my RL characteristics. If it were the government doing something severe which I disagreed with I would take action, but for a game? No.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

It's about damn time that people realize that Andrew Gower received a [cabbage]load of money for Jagex.

I dare anyone here to refuse hundreds of millions so that players get a true experience made and designed by passionnate people.

Especially with the [cabbage]ty community RS has, full of scumbags and whiners (Not saying there aren't good people, because there are lots). The rants section is probably much more full than the appreciation section with the good comments.

Andrew had every right to sell a company he built, just like you have every right to stop paying your membership or playing the game.

If you don't enjoy the current state of the game, stop playing it and move on to real life. Not like it's gonna be a bad thing anyway.

Andrew sold his soul for this game.

And now he sold the game, too.

Now he's left with money. That's it.

I'm not sure how satisfied he can be.

Sell jagex

Make millions

Buyers drive game into the ground

Buy back for pennies on the dollar

???

PROFIT

Comparing apples with oranges here. Enticing the little kiddies to pay for an extra month of membership on their account is a marketing scheme. Telling people to get certain in-game benefits they have to either refer a friend or (more likely) create and pay for extra accounts, is promoting paying extra money for game benefits.

Neltak.png

Am I going to play during bonus weekend, sure, but I play every weekend anyway and have a paid membership for the last 4-5 years without stopping, so it makes no difference to me

Do as I say, not as I do? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

so you like BXPW cause you pay and get extra experience, but you dont like refer a friend because you have to pay and get extra experience???

Either way both are marketing ploys to boost memberships buy giving more experience for members.... how do you not see the parallel?

I'm paying for a month of membership and bxpw is also in that month that I have membership. Creating accounts and buying them membership for the RAF boost is clearly not the same. Your analogy is false.

I think you are missing the point, YOU may pay for a full year, but many of the RS community are kids that only pay during summer months and during breaks. It isnt a coincidence that BXPW happens in september, it is a way to entice these kids to pay for an EXTRA month memebership when normally they would only be members for June-August and cancel their members account in September, that is the whole point of BXPW to get those kids to pay for AN EXTRA month of memebership.... How do you not see that?

It's a smartl marketing tactic. I fail to see what is wrong with that. It's not the same at all as the RAF micro transactions.

I didnt say it isnt smart marketing, but people seem to love BXPW and hate refer a friend, when the basic concept of the two is exactly the same, they offer extra exp to entice more memberships.....

The difference is one is perceived as the greatest thing in the world, and the other is seen as greedy and immoral, I am trying to point out that they are the same, but people still dont want to see it.

BXPW is NOT part of your membership, there is no guarantee of it, so anyone who says it is part of their membership is incorrect, and just trying to justify why they love BXPW....

They aren't the same. Before you make the comment, I'm not trying to justify any like or dislike that I have for bxpw (I don't hate it and I don't completely agree with it). I'm just trying to point out that comparing bxpw to RAF is a false analogy.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]