Fletching and F2Pers

Runed1

Sould Jagex change fletching (limited most likely) to F2P? in my opinion, yes. F2P rangers got the short end of the stick, F2P mages have runecrafting and F2P meleers have smithing....whats that? Not to mention, ranged attacks usually do the least damage of the Triangle (of pking) and mages the most. When im trying to pk, im usually against a mage hitting 13s and such with ease while im hitting 9s (48 ranged) occasionally. I also think Runecrafting should be P2P if Fletching is going to be same way, they should even out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that a small element of fletching should be made f2p (ie up to willow long/shortbows, addy arrows - the maximum equivalent of what f2p rangers can use), but not for the reasons u stated. i think that its just plain hard for rangers to aquire arrows and the like (the only places are the shady looking guy in rimmington and the usually crowded store in varrock), so it would b handy to have a way to create ur own ammo and bows.

Stallion4589.png

Nah.. f2p doesnt deserve to get such big updates.

how about u explain ur decision rather than getting several pages of "they r f2p, they pay wat the get for" replies. it kinda helps and makes for a more interesting discussion. maybe if this could be applied across the whole forums...

Stallion4589.png

Ok mate place your dream under my shoe and let me personally squash it into little pieces. No f2p do not deserve fletching becuase we pay for the time and effort that the game designers put into fletching and so forth. And even if Jagex did make fletching f2p there would have to be some major game changes for it to take place.

But i do believe that f2p should recieve an update every 3 months or so, maybe an extra quest or item, something should be given to them for being dedicated.

ByFuturodon.gif

I could see a limited use of fletching. like up to steel arrows. WE F2P'ers don't pay for th game, but things like this are equivalent to RuneCrafting, smithing ad cooking.

Arrows are EXTREMLY high priced, and players like me are just glad they have P2P friends that they can gett arrows from.

I could see up to steel, heck, even iron, it reduces the amount of time it takes for us to find the arrows, and a lot of teh danger that we must undergo to get a decent amount of hem without going bankrupt.

i think this is an okay idea, it would also be more of an incentive for f2p to become p2p they are like lvl 70 fletchin and still crafting steel arrows so why not become a member and make better stuff..

Carson-

i think this is an okay idea, it would also be more of an incentive for f2p to become p2p they are like lvl 70 fletchin and still crafting steel arrows so why not become a member and make better stuff..

Carson-

lust like crafting.

I'd rather pay for something that I've been able to try then to pay for something I've never tried.

The problem with hopes of this update is that some of the required materials are not F2P accessible. If we're allowed to make bows as well as arrows, we're going to have a ton of unstrung bows then unless flax fields are added to the F2P map, which I don't think is very convenient.

There also needs to be changes in the smithing table, where the arrow heads must be changed to F2P, and if we limit the type of arrow heads we can smith, then it throws off the balance with the arrows we can use (F2P can use up to adamantite).

Then there's the logs issue. F2P can cut up to yews. Does this mean we should be able to fletch yew long bows? That doesn't seem right because we can't even use the yew long bows in the first place. All we can do at the moment is burn the logs or sell them to P2P'ers. We could limit up to willow, but even so we'd have the whole flax issue as previously stated.

Wouldn't it be too complicated by then?

While the idea itself sounds very good (heck, I hate buying arrows lol), the fact that it requires several changes makes it seem not too great for Jagex to do something like this. I hate to be the one to dampen spirits, but in all honesty I don't think it will work very well.

;) Then again, I dunno what Jagex has in mind. It's all down to them really.

I was thinking about flax being a problem too...

I could see maybe ony arrows being able to be made, and if it were to go only up to steel, I'd be fine. remember, F2P can only make the elemental runes, mind and body runes.

I would imagine that a lot of this would take a lot of work. I'd even put it on a backburner for more important updates.

but for now, I'm fine with the skills I have, when they all hit 99, then I'll be bored. (or not, thanks to the O.o.C!)

Seriously,I want this to happen (as is swear by the code of self sufficiency

I will not give cash to maging and ranging,im a warrior,sure i wanna train them,but paying for them...nah.:Note:if i'm talkin about payin,i mean it by paying in rs for the arrows,not p2p :) )

-But i think it ain't gonna happen.It's one of those things that Jagex uses to get u to p2p (sometimes they're sneaky,sly dogs,i actually kinde like that :D )

So don't hope for it,and if it would happen,we wouldn't get wat we want(fletching decent arrows ,like steel or something),so the encouraging to get p2p would be still there.Meh,that's life. :wink:

how about u explain ur decision rather than getting several pages of "they r f2p, they pay wat the get for" replies. it kinda helps and makes for a more interesting discussion. maybe if this could be applied across the whole forums...

Those who pay for the game deserve to get the full version.

Those who choose not to pay does not deserve more than a demo version.

Yoadee,he just said not to do that,to make this a bit interesting.

Well suprise!Some of us can't just pay the money thought a bout that?HUH?NO?Shame on you!I'm sick of it p2p just sayin uhh just pay the money,or you don't deserve much better!

But a little effort in your statements!

Jezus!Lazy lmao!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

:x :x :x

Sould Jagex change fletching (limited most likely) to F2P? in my opinion, yes. F2P rangers got the short end of the stick, F2P mages have runecrafting and F2P meleers have smithing....whats that? Not to mention, ranged attacks usually do the least damage of the Triangle (of pking) and mages the most. When im trying to pk, im usually against a mage hitting 13s and such with ease while im hitting 9s (48 ranged) occasionally. I also think Runecrafting should be P2P if Fletching is going to be same way, they should even out.

Fletching has always been p2p, why change it? Of course you are right (a bit) about the unfairness, but you just have to understand that this is a free game, and that a lot of things are, and will stay, unfair on f2p.

Also, mages might be hitting good at the low lvls, at 70 combat + they are worthless. I for myself have worked very hard to get 85 magic on f2p and it doesnt pay off at all. At lvl 93 combat i get totally wasted by both rangers and melee'es (especially by melee'ers to be honest)

How about you search for the literally hundreds of pages worth of explanation as to why F2P should not get fletching?

No-one wants to discuss the discussed. Perhaps if the search button was applied by members of the whole forum...

I agree, the flax could be an issue, but not an overcome-able one. mabie just a small feild in the middle of nowhere? i dunno. and about the yews...*sample situtation* you can cut them but not use knife with them, complicated yes, but fair to all. F2P fletching might also speed up the lower leveled economy, meaning less beggars, another incentive for people to become P2P. these all great comments though