Fletching and F2Pers

Runed1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious as to why so many people flame others for saying they want more upgrade for f2p. Why not just calmly and rationally tell them exactly why not, instead of just yelling? I would not mind having f2p upgraded more often, but I also realize that Jagex is a company and their work goes to their money source. Go ahead, I've doused myself in gas here, flame away.....

ill tell you why. i just need you to do the following things:

1) go to Search

2) search for: "f2p needs more stuff"

3) now click one of the 100000000000000000000 topics, and then see why f2p does NOT need more stuff.

seriously, we are tired of explaining to every noob that comes here why he should NOT get more stuff as a f2p, and trying to get him to see that he is a selfish brat to begin with for not being satisfied with what he gets FOR TOTALLY FREE!

:roll:

Why do you always use WE/THEY.. You are no better then f2p people... I hope f2p get fletching just so i can hear Lord_Muijs cry some more

i dont think i am "better" than a f2p player. i just think f2p has no right to complain about runescape, because they get it for free.

do you complain when a friend gives you a computer game as a present, but it turns out you dont like the game THAT much? if you have a teensy tiny bit of politeness inside you then you would shut the * up. its the same with runescape. paying for it does NOT make you a better person. it gives you more stuff to play with, and, in my opinion a right to complain about what you think should be done better in the game. IMO you dont have that right if you play the game for free (aka. you get it as a gift).

o and this:

Right, and I suppose the hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue Jagex gets from ads isn't money?

right, and i suppose the hundreds of thousands of dollars more it costs to run all the servers, pay the CS, and stuff like that isnt money?

i want to ask you, how many times have you clicked the ads? probably NONE, perhaps one or two of em if youve got an annoying mouse.

that means that (provided youve been f2p the whole time) jagex has earned NOTHING from you. your only losing them money by playing on there servers. sure, there offering f2p for you for free, so theres no reason not to take it. but please, do NOT go around saying: "z0mg we want m0000re!!!!! w33 fr33l04d3rs th4t 0nly c0st y00 m0n3y w4nt m000re st00f!!!11!!! z0mg phr33 st00fs plx0x0x0x0rz!!!!!11!1!1"1

just my 2 cents.

I'm just curious as to why so many people flame others for saying they want more upgrade for f2p. Why not just calmly and rationally tell them exactly why not, instead of just yelling? I would not mind having f2p upgraded more often, but I also realize that Jagex is a company and their work goes to their money source. Go ahead, I've doused myself in gas here, flame away.....

ill tell you why. i just need you to do the following things:

1) go to Search

2) search for: "f2p needs more stuff"

3) now click one of the 100000000000000000000 topics, and then see why f2p does NOT need more stuff.

seriously, we are tired of explaining to every noob that comes here why he should NOT get more stuff as a f2p, and trying to get him to see that he is a selfish brat to begin with for not being satisfied with what he gets FOR TOTALLY FREE!

Why do you always use WE/THEY.. You are no better then f2p people... I hope f2p get fletching just so i can hear Lord_Muijs cry some more

i dont think i am "better" than a f2p player. i just think f2p has no right to complain about runescape, because they get it for free.

do you complain when a friend gives you a computer game as a present, but it turns out you dont like the game THAT much? if you have a teensy tiny bit of politeness inside you then you would shut the * up. its the same with runescape. paying for it does NOT make you a better person. it gives you more stuff to play with, and, in my opinion a right to complain about what you think should be done better in the game. IMO you dont have that right if you play the game for free (aka. you get it as a gift).

o and this:

Right, and I suppose the hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue Jagex gets from ads isn't money?

right, and i suppose the hundreds of thousands of dollars more it costs to run all the servers, pay the CS, and stuff like that isnt money?

i want to ask you, how many times have you clicked the ads? probably NONE, perhaps one or two of em if youve got an annoying mouse.

that means that (provided youve been f2p the whole time) jagex has earned NOTHING from you. your only losing them money by playing on there servers. sure, there offering f2p for you for free, so theres no reason not to take it. but please, do NOT go around saying: "z0mg we want m0000re!!!!! w33 fr33l04d3rs th4t 0nly c0st y00 m0n3y w4nt m000re st00f!!!11!!! z0mg phr33 st00fs plx0x0x0x0rz!!!!!11!1!1"1

just my 2 cents.

Perhaps you misunderstand, I think that this thread is about wishful thinking. I know that f2p will probably not get anyhing like this, I am just expressing an opinion by saying that I wouldn't mind if Jagex decided to do something like this. Now then, I'll bet you'll flame me for this. Have fun.

mistresdeath.png

mistresdeath.png

mistresdeath.png

F2P is what makes RS so unique from other games. Most games don't even give a trial let alone a full version of the game with limitations. The flow of F2P players coming in eventually leads to new P2Pers coming in so F2P has it's uses.

I don't think fletching should be made F2P. Because then people will eventually look for another skill to make F2P and if this becomes a trend people won't bother getting P2P if they knew all they had to do was wait a while until it became F2P.

Oh and watch the flaming.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

also, f2p rangers should have no problem getting arrows. The Rimmington shop has ample supplies of steel, mith, and addy arrows. Take money, buy out the store, world hop as needed. Almost no one goes there, except for like one quest, and maybe to stop buy for last minute arrows for mezlars maze.

also, f2p rangers should have no problem getting arrows. The Rimmington shop has ample supplies of steel, mith, and addy arrows. Take money, buy out the store, world hop as needed. Almost no one goes there, except for like one quest, and maybe to stop buy for last minute arrows for mezlars maze.
And we can always buy from our fellow P2P counterparts. :wink:

lets have em have to click on like 200 adverts before they can use it?
Rofl! That would make the F2P's want to pay just 17 cents a day, just 17!For crying out loud, just 5 dollars a month, just pay the darn fee and get on with life instead of sulking :( whaa, whaa, I want more updates, then pay freeking 17 cents a day!!!! :evil: :evil:

lets have em have to click on like 200 adverts before they can use it?
Rofl! That would make the F2P's want to pay just 17 cents a day, just 17!For crying out loud, just 5 dollars a month, just pay the darn fee and get on with life instead of sulking :( whaa, whaa, I want more updates, then pay freeking 17 cents a day!!!! :evil: :evil:
Thankfully not all F2Pers are like that... But sadly, I have to admit the newer generation of players seem to fit in that particular group... (Of course, not the entire lot of them, but a good majority... I don't remember so much begging in earlier years.)

well if u need arrows i make them for free :) pm me here in forums with type and amount, all u need is materials. 15 arrows = 1 normal log, 15 feathers and 1 bar.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

For those of you saying f2p is more of a demo and p2p the full game.. Really thats not true. f2p is the full version, p2p is the expansion pack..

Some updates to f2p would be nice.. something to add a bit more variety.. the fact we get new random events is okay.. but they're exactly that random.. far and few in between alot of the time.

yes it is MEASILY, so PAY IT! you yourself think it's so low then pay it, if you have the money and dont feel like spending it, you want it free then thats just greedy.

think it like this (i'm outdated i know, but the game is awsome): your playing a game, avp2, you like it until you get bored then you start thinking about the expansion. you think that it looks fun and you want it. you have alot of money in your walelt to spare for games. but instead of walking up to your shop (in this case you dont even need to walk) you start going to forums about the game and start wanting the expansion become the original game for free. you want the new guns. you want new levels. you want new characters but you just dont feel like paying. now THATS selfish and greedy. not to mention it's the exact same situation here. no difrent.

and if you dont have the money then your situation is no difrent. imagine someone in school that never listens, does there homework, gets many dt's, suspension etc. (not saying u do/did) then that person grows up and gets a horible pay job. then tehy expect to get the same thing as everyone else, but everyone did there work in school and earned there money/job rightfully so the person who slacked off shouldn't get the same thing for not working (this is not just talking about rs, and again i'm not saying you did this).

now you tell me, do people like in this case deserve phr33 stox? actualy no wait, because no one ever learns in these cases i'l tell you: no.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|