Armor Capes, Gloves, And more boots

Trazma

Amour capes? Did I hear wrongly, or has this person not thought this idea out through, or is it just spam?

We already have armoured boots. Gauntlets have been suggested recently. Armoured capes... well, you must know very little about... everything I suppose, or you are simply joking. In that case I would say the joke is in very bad taste.

There really, really seems to be an influx of stupid suggestions lately.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Gauntlets have been suggested recently. Armoured capes... well, you must know very little about... everything I suppose, or you are simply joking. In that case I would say the joke is in very bad taste.

that was me!!! :D

anyways, we got obby and lava capes, and the gloves would have to be chain gloves...trie moving you fingers in pure metal

There are things called "joints". I do hope you are not under the impression our Skeletal System is one whole mass of bones...

But I see your point. But I might also state that Plate Gauntlets exist, and their agility restriction has minimal impact in battle.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

The Obsidian cape IS an armoured cape, gauntlets already exist, and they don't need a dragon item that will have stats less than +10 to anything.

Even if they did make metal capes, do you know how ridiculously heavy those would be? you try getting a cape made with metal platings and walking around.

1 question how does armor cape protect you? i mean from sides or front of you only protects if someone comes with dagger and hit you in the back lol :) and then armor gloves if they r like on every spot you can move you fingers theres a hmmm "wheel" lol dont know the right word for it but anyway

an armour cape ... lol

it rather kills you instead of protecting you :P

why ?? easy it suffocates :D

and a cape ... is just a cape i think.

it would be great if there's a magical cape or something.

(srry if there's already one)

The capes would be sort of.... Well, inconvenient in battle. The extra weight shifting on your back would throw you off balance, giving your opponent a free chance to slice your head off.

The gloves (Which are called gauntlets) already exist, in the form of Steel Gauntlets (Cooking, Chaos, Gold modifications), and Klank's Gauntlets.

The boots also exist, from Bronze to Rune. Dragon would be interesting, but not really that usefull. Either it would cost to much for a low defense bonus, or it would be to common.

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

i think this year updates will introduce more pieces of granite and crystal armor. i dont think i want to see any more new dragon items (except the dragon pickaxe, or some type of pick on par with the new axe). i would love to see more granite and crystal armor though. that would be wicked, particularly since mages got something new (infinity), crystal would be a range item, and granite would be good for meleers

also i would like to see a ranger cape (same green color as the ranger boots and robin hat)

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

armoured cape isnt a very good idea.. i mean, how would that protect you? i prepose armoured aprons!

0o0o0o0o and armored Chef Hat's With that added protection you should really be able to kill those pesky killing apples in the cooking guild.

on topic- If you read (http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=isafdar_arandar.htm Third Paragraph Third to last sentence)

in there they say

there is even rumour of a crystal halberd

So if that is true then pretty soon we can expect some crystal weapons(Not sure about armor do you think People woulkd look good in clear armor :wink: )

and with this other quote

Just before Thurgo left the dank cave, he caught a familiar glint out of his eye... the glint of rock. Yes, rock does glint to a dwarf... especially granite.

So we Can probally expect Some New Granite Armour/Weapons

I can say that this year looks very eventful(hopefully :roll: )

kill3r_c0w.png

I do not recall seeing armour capes in any period of medieval history

Strange, I also don't recall any magic use. Imagine that.

If you think anything in runescape can be related to real life effectively, you're sadly mistaken. Last time I checked, there were no dwarves, gnomes, goblins, or dragons. There was no metal called black, adamant, runite or dragon.

Armoured capes would work, but would be rediculous, members don't need another update anyways. Plus, lava cape could beat the crup out of a dragon cape any day. All of your ideas would work, but are to unimportant to be implemented. Warriors have enough already, with their massive variety of weapons and armour.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

Magic exists in Runescape because people used to believe in Magic, and Science cannot disprove the existence of the mana stream either (even though it can't prove it, and most likely doesn't exist). But as it is perfectly logical, it can be implemented in Runescape.

However, I do believe Science laws like Physics still apply, so Armoured Capes, as a physical thing, would not work; while Magic, with no ties to science, can.

~Toxicologist~

Well armoured capes doesn't sound so bad after all. Imagine they are made from leather or drag hides... :)

Just a thought

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Well armoured capes doesn't sound so bad after all. Imagine they are made from leather or drag hides... :)

Just a thought

They're still going to be heavy and cause mobility to suffer, and like all capes would be as useful in actual combat as an accordion.

Do you know WHY people don't go into combat with capes? Because they give you a huge profile, they snag, they're cumbersome, and it's all too easy to grab it and pull you off-balance.

A cape's a great thing to wear while you're on parade in your shiny armour with the plumed helmet and all, but not when you're on a battlefield and someone's swinging a bloody huge claymore at you.

I do not recall seeing armour capes in any period of medieval history

Strange, I also don't recall any magic use. Imagine that.

If you think anything in runescape can be related to real life effectively, you're sadly mistaken. Last time I checked, there were no dwarves, gnomes, goblins, or dragons. There was no metal called black, adamant, runite or dragon.

Auctually.... i do believe there were dwarves. Auctually, they are still around today :)

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Fantasy is one thing, but there are limits to what fantasy can contain, and that does not include serious breaches to Physics and Common Sense, such as Armoured Capes.

Do you people seriously think Capes were used for... defense? No sir! They were only used for decoration purposes, and maybe as a protection against cold. Like said before, Capes can cause serious problems in battle.

Armoured Capes are stupid, considering you cannot control where you want the cape to be very well (like shields), and also that you would be probably wearing armour anyway so extra defense would be useless (the shield is used for deflecting attacks mostly), and that it would seriously lower agility; which is simply not worth it considering its uselessness.

~Toxicologist~

There are things called "joints". I do hope you are not under the impression our Skeletal System is one whole mass of bones...

But I see your point. But I might also state that Plate Gauntlets exist, and their agility restriction has minimal impact in battle.

Most warriors in the middle ages either wore leather gloves, or plate gautlets with chains to slip your weapon hilt through, a fail-safe in case you dropped your weapon. So, practically plate gauntlets would be very pliable to the RS universe... Then again.. we do have lunch ladies offering us baguettes while we woodcut, fletch, or anything else.. so.. who knows..

Most warriors in the middle ages either wore leather gloves, or plate gautlets with chains to slip your weapon hilt through, a fail-safe in case you dropped your weapon. So, practically plate gauntlets would be very pliable to the RS universe... Then again.. we do have lunch ladies offering us baguettes while we woodcut, fletch, or anything else.. so.. who knows..

Plated gauntlets were segmented to allow the fingers to curl and uncurl without too much hindrance. Even though you might not be able to use individual fingers effectively, you can still use the hand to grasp a weapon.

And, uh... I don't think "pliable" is the word you want there.

Armoured capes is a very bad idea. Wearing pure sheet metal on your back? We already have plates. Capes are suposed to go *swish* and are more in the cloak and dagger theme than pretection.

The way I pictured capes was more of a normal cape with small (Maybe 1"x2") plates sewn on, so the cape is still "Swoosh"-ey, but armored. The idea does seem sort of... useless though. But then again, in the land of RuneScape, what good are armored boots? There are no "Stab feet", or "Stomp on OoOoOoO's Feet" special moves.

I really want that pwnage dragon apron and dragon chef hat! I could cook them lobsters all day in STYLE 8)

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

But Armoured boots and gauntlets did exist in Terran History, despite how useless they may seem. Armoured capes, however; did not.

~Toxicologist~