Real Life Clan Citadel Competition! - Winners announced!

clan-citadel-comp.jpg

We are very proud to present our real life clan citadel competition! This competition is open to all members of our community and there are some awesome prizes provided by Jagex! ;)

About The Competition

• This is a real life contest. Your goal is to create a representation of a clan citadel in real life! Digital tools are not allowed, but you may choose any "real" medium you wish. This may include building a clan citadel spaghetti tower, a pillow fort, a sculpture, a painting, or anything else you can think of! Your entry must represent clan citadels in some way. You can construct an entire citadel, or just one room/aspect of citadels. Just make it clear to us what you are representing! We encourage you to take a screenshot in-game of what you are constructing and submit it to us alongside your real life construction so we can compare the two! There is no limit on the number of entries you may submit, but try to put a lot of effort into one entry rather than less effort into multiple entries!

There are no other rules or guidelines for the competition. Your entry must be appropriate enough to display on Tip.It, but hopefully that will not be an issue!

citadel-comp-step1.png

Who Can Enter?

• Everyone is welcome to enter the competition - including staff members. The only people excluded from entering are Tip.It Administrators, since we will be judging!

How To Submit Your Entry

• To submit your entry, take a photograph or a video of it. Upload your photograph to any image host (examples include
ImageShack, TinyPic.com, and PhotoBucket.com) or upload your video to YouTube.com.

Once you have the URL of your entry, submit it via private message to: OfficialContest with the subject: "YOURUSERNAME Clan Citadel Entry"

You may post your entry on this thread if you want to show it off, but your entry will not be officially recognized as submitted until you send it to OfficialContest via private message.

Deadline & Judging

• All entries must be submitted by 24 October 2011. Please allow 2-4 days after the deadline for judging and the announcement of the winner. Tip.It administrators will be judging the competition.

dcd22c1cec.png

Prizes From Jagex!

• One lucky winner will receive something special from Jagex! More information about this awesome prize will be given at the end of the competition!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Looks fun, I'll probably do something with my Lego bricks... :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Minecraft is, as pointed out, a digital tool and will not be eligible for entry. :)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Minecraft is, as pointed out, a digital tool and will not be eligible for entry. :)

:(

Make a design out of real life blocks instead! :mrgreen:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Erm... best thing i can think of is clay :P I'd like to make a Cake version of a citadel... I even have a clear platform to make it look like its floating! but that would probably go bad before i was done :(

Might do clay... or some other sculpture... Spent 90% of my Senior year in Highschool taking art and wood tech courses... had to have some effect :)

Problem:

My clan has 1 member (me) and I've never seen a Citadel :D

150x150.png

Dangit -- won't be enough snow on the ground by October 24th to make a citadel snow fort ... <_<

:unsure:

That actually made me giggle. ^_^;

Hrm, I wonder if I can get enough material before then to make this massive project... :o

Whoa... im gonna jump in :D

//Nonstop making, and im half way done :D

penguin_dude.png

My submission in Players Gallery 14

My submission in Players Gallery 15

My submission in Players Gallery 16

My submission in Players Gallery 17

My submission in Players Gallery 21

My submission in Players Gallery 27

My submission in Players Gallery 29

My submission in Players Gallery 30

Problem:

My clan has 1 member (me) and I've never seen a Citadel :D

You could always visit the citadel of a friend's clan, or look up videos of them on youtube wink.gif

Noob days = Good times, but sadly no more...

Marimo.png

Quest Cape first obtained 1/13/2011
[spoiler=Total Barrow Pieces Looted:]

Ahrim's: Hood, Robetop x3, Robeskirt, Staff

Akrisae's: Hood

Karil's: Coif x3, Top x2, Skirt, Crossbow x2

Dharok's: Helm, Body, Platelegs x2

Guthan's: Helm, Skirt

Torag's: Platebody, Platelegs

Verac's: Helm x3, Body, Skirt, Flail

Double Barrow Item Chests: 1

Here u can see the tree texture better...

texture_by_teezkut-d4a7z8v.png

penguin_dude.png

Glasgow Film Theatre?

People, come on, join in!

penguin_dude.png

• 3 weeks later...

Q.Q

I was thinking of carving a Citidel into a Pumpkin :( I still might for halloween

I Don't think I'd beat teezkut with a pumpkin :P Really cool sculpting, I love to sculpt myself, but don't have the time to do all the detail it would require.

I'll post the pumpkin I do here :D but it would be 30th-31st so wouldn't be in time for the competition.

clan_Citadels_Mood_Evening.jpg

I was thinking of carving that, with an enlarged castle and a few dragon/bats flying around it :P

Similar to a haunted house style I carved 3 years ago, but with more detail cause my carving's improved! :D

79245779.png

Should be epic, Unless I fail horribly.

Fires in the pic would be carved straight through, the castle walls would be uncarved, and the background glowing through :P

Hardest part would be converting the picture into something carve-able... then drawing it

pumpkinsn.png

like that

I need an HD camera too, phones suck for detail

Anyway... that's all, Hope I can enter the next competition

Good luck to anyone trying to beat teezkut's awesome work

150x150.png

• 2 weeks later...