Money easier to get now?

Lode

I remember back in 2002 when I was pretty new, that I had real troubles getting money. After playing long enough to be in the champion's guild, I saw that they sold the rune long sword there. But it cost 32k or something like that, and that was impossible for me to get. After playing for WEEKS to get money, I finally managed to buy the rune long, for 28k or so, and that meant I had payed all my money (and probably sold my addy plate) to get the rune long sword and it took me a very long time to get.

Now back to 2006. I made a level 3 noob char, and needed some money for a headstart, so I wanted a quick way to get 10k (without drop trading :P). I just did the rune mysteries quest with the level 3, took my bronze pickaxe, mined 308 rune essenses, and sold them for 10k. The quest took maybe 15 minutes, 11 mining trips took maybe 20 minutes, and the selling of rune essenses is the easiest thing to do even when you sell only 308 of them.

10k was a fortune for me in 2002, now I got it in no time with a level 3 char with no skills at all.

Was I just dumb in 2002 and was it just as easy to get 10k on a level 3 then?

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Inflation, my brother, inflation. High alching has brought a lot more money (of course drops matter too) to the game and with runecrafting (specially abyss) it's now easy to get natures.

It was a lot harder to get 100k in 2002 than 100k now, but in 2002 it was "worth" more.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

it's just that you have to know how to make money...

i have 2 accounts.

the first one "sjks" is very poor.

bcuz i didtn know how runescape works.

so did a litle bit of research and i realised that you can earn now a lot of money with selling and buying things.

look at my 2nd account "ammarid". i'm a millionair now or just better said:"i'm not in a money need."

i cant compare runescape in y 2002 and runescape now cuz i've been playing it for a year and a half.

it's just that you have to know how to make money...

i have 2 accounts.

the first one "sjks" is very poor.

bcuz i didtn know how runescape works.

so did a litle bit of research and i realised that you can earn now a lot of money with selling and buying things.

look at my 2nd account "ammarid". i'm a millionair now or just better said:"i'm not in a money need."

i cant compare runescape in y 2002 and runescape now cuz i've been playing it for a year and a half.

omg dont post if you dont play from 2002 oneoneshift!1!111!

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Was I just dumb in 2002 and was it just as easy to get 10k on a level 3 then?

Both. :P

Newer players always struggle hard to get small amounts like 10K, but that's basically because:

- They lack the patience for money making (omg I've been mining forever I have 60 iron ores)

- They lack knowledge for money making (selling 437 feathers 4gp ea!!)

On the other hand.. Money making has become easier through the years, although I don't think it changed much for the lower leveled players (iron ore and coal mining, and nowadays rune essence mining are about just as profitable as they were 3 years ago).

It did change a lot for the higher skilled (and especially p2p) players though. They used to make 100 - 200K / h max, 3 years ago, and can make multiple times that now.

hmm... 2002... I think that was before I quit. Probably around when I started or so... I remember back then everything being worhwhile. I remember smithing full bronze and just to be a nice guy, giving it out to random newbies and having them thank me to no end. Now (from what I read) it seems that full bronze would be like "Uh... no thanks. I could get full iron in about 5minutes if I wanted to."

Inflation has had a major effect. Even in 2003 or 2004 (before RS2) 16mil was godly. I knew of noone with 100mil, but I imagine Zezima had it. When I had my pink party hat (back when they were most expensive) and full rune with dragon long people would bow as I walked past (Probably because they wanted free stuff) since that was true richness. Nowadays 16mil is probably attainable in a month or two of dedicated work, whereas a while ago it took many many months or very skilled merchanting.

The economy has chaged. Things dont cost the same as before and 100 mil is ALOT of money, (just saying)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

prices for items has also went down (ex. 2001; Rune 2h 500-750k. now; 50-60k...etc) because more people can make or have obtained the items (ex2. 2001-2002 Rune large; 100k. now; 25-30k) this isnt even mentioning the newer items, which have really messed up the economy from an economists standpoint

Prices go down over a while. One major key item know is how rune has come down in price over the last few years.

Inflation is another major reason.

And finally 10k was worth a fair bit back a few years ago but now all it may be able to offord is an addy plate.

These have all pretty much been discussed. :)

as said before 100k in 2001 is way more then 100k now. the value of gold has really decreased immensely..especially with the high alching now. it used ot be the only money in the economy came from stores..now people can make money therefore the more money in the economy the more people are willing to pay for commodities...aka inflation

The increase in the Runescape community has created more money throughout the game, and more jobs for players. Same as what happens in the real world...outside...away from the glow of your computer, lol j/k. It is known as the multiplier affect, more money in the community means more jobs for everyone. Also with a higher population more things are in demand, meaning less product total, and when product is high prices are low, product is low and prices will be high.

ie.. Party Hats, Masks..etc..

I played for a few weeks last year, but quit due to the fact money wasn't too easy for me to come by. Then Nov. 2 I started again, in which I now have over 8m, in F2P. Also, no I am not one of those people who doesn't spend money on anything, I just get a profit out of everything I buy, due to this, and the fact there are more merchanters I rarely have to play Runescape, usually 3 times a week, for short periods of time. Whereas in the past when I played for a few weeks last year I played almost daily, gaining relatively nothing compared to now. That is my explanation, lol. Have a nice day everyone.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

i c that's much ...

did jagex change the prices of armours in shops too?

or were the price fixed ?

if the prices of armours are still the same as a few years ago, then i'm lucky.

:)

They're all the same.. and Blue Phats are now 1200% of what they once were.. (10-12m at peak in classic, 120m+ soon at the price rate goes up :\ )

Besides the fact of inflation, it's just downright easy to make money, even as a level 3 in members. For one, you can do the world 66 law thing, and make almost 10k per every trip to entrana and banking in Draynor. Or they can run natures for crafters who pay 7k plus the natures they crafted, which is even more. All in the name of them getting their skill up, and the low level getting fast money off of that desire of the high level valuing xp so much over gp.