Dreams - post/share

Vezon Dash

Just had a rather bad nightmare. In fact, I actually woke up at 6:50 because of it.

It started when my family was watching TV and there was a knock on the door, which was rare. I checked it out and it looked like a man from the streets. Before I say a thing, he pulls a knife out and tries to lunge at me, but I manage to grab hold and turn the blade off of him, killing the guy. It seems all fine and the police were informed, so things go back to normal...

30 minutes later (or dream skip felt like it), I was in my room and I see cars piling up on the drive way. People that looked like the guy trying to kill me come out and swarm the place. I decided to hide out of fear, but I soon hear the screaming of my family and pets, followed by the crackling of fire. God, that is officially my scariest dream! :ohnoes:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately I've been having dreams relating to school.

It's kind of annoying really.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

You just reminded me that I had a dream about a homework assignment. It dealt with derivatives, and the teacher explained that to solve the problem, we just had to find where the function was at it's highest value; for some reason, everyone else didn't think my way of doing it (derivative, set to zero, etc) was the correct way; I started doubting it myself, and then there was an issue with the calculator we were using. And I woke up and was thinking for the longest time, "That calculator had to have been malfunctioning." Then I realized it had been a dream, and was like, "Why am I even worrying about it?"

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I was totally crafting a dream when my alarm went off this morning. It was pretty cool because it was like editing a picture. I had 3 different 'tabs' open that I could pick and choose elements that I wanted in my dream. It was intense.

I always find it really weird when I get a dream that I don't understand. The story lines to my dreams might be totally out of lunch, but I can pretty much always figure out where certain elements or things that happen in my dreams come from. For example, I was watching some Andromeda last week, and yesterday I somehow ended up watching an episode of pokemon, and last night I managed to combine the two into one of the most ridiculous dreams I have ever had (it also had cut away scenes because if your going to dream about a TV show, I guess your dream might as well look like your watching one too).

I also feel like I had a dream about fixing my messy hair, which I only mention because looking at yourself in a mirror is a pretty sure way to realise your dreaming. Your mind has a lot of trouble creating an image of you in a mirror, which I guess tends to lead to it either being distorted, out of focus, or someone else entirely. This means I would have almost certainly been dreaming in the 3rd person, which made me think of something else:

Why can I dream in the 3rd person, and see myself accurately, when its supposed to be impossible to see an accurate reflection of yourself while dreaming. I feel like both tasks would pose the same challenge.

This leads me to a realization. I don't think I have ever seen my own face, or even a proper front view of myself, while dreaming in the 3rd person. It is always above/behind like it would be in a video game. Since I can't see myself from behind in the real world, I wouldn't be able to tell if I dream it right or not, because I have no comparison. I can dream up anything with roughly the right features (meaning the right length and colour hair) and assume its me. In all the instances where I think I might have gotten a look at myself head on in a dream (I don't know for sure, because I never thought it was a detail worth noting or remembering), I don't think I was dreaming about myself (I'm not always the focus of, or in, my dreams).

I'll have to pay attention to this in the future.

My dream last night revolved around my family back home and how, when I'd come to see them, everything was a mess with them and I didn't want to be there. Kind of reflecting my real life thoughts there. Then weird stuff happened and I was in an anime store in an airport. There were loads of cool clothes including the cutest swimming costume I'd ever seen, it had a wavy dress bit and rainbow polka dots! But then my boyfriend woke me up and the first thing I told him was that I wanted that costume! :D

I sometimes remember my dreams... they're often too confusing/weird that I don't bother explaining them though. They're often a mess of stuff that's happened recently and are almost always really awesome. The ones I remember, anyway.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

The most recent strange dream left me very disorientated...

I had a dream that I woke up in my bed (me thinking it was real life) so I went back to sleep again, so I was in a dream within a dream. It was lucid and I heard lots of gunfire and bombs going off. Then I did my usual lucid stuff like flying around and talking to celebrities/people I want to meet. Then I woke up out of that dream and was like ok time to get up and was going about my daily business until I woke up again and found myself back in bed, it left me very confused. :P

I love dreaming and I feel I've gotten really good at remembering and becoming lucid for dreams. It's like going from one reality to another when you sleep and wake up.

Yesterday I found an old quote by rocco from like 2009 saying he had a dream that the squirrel in my avvy killed him with its yo-yo.

Hmm, the yo-yo is red. *suspicious*

Well, it seems my latest dream was blurry, but didn't look like it followed "my downfall/death" theme. I wonder what your own death (first-person) in a dream can mean.

Yesterday I found an old quote by rocco from like 2009 saying he had a dream that the squirrel in my avvy killed him with its yo-yo.

Hmm, the yo-yo is red. *suspicious*

Well, it seems my latest dream was blurry, but didn't look like it followed "my downfall/death" theme. I wonder what your own death (first-person) in a dream can mean.

Death in a dream can mean different things. I'm about to write a nice research paper on Frued Dream Theory, so I'll let you know what I find out.

Freud's ideas are entertaining, but most (if not all) are so hard to believe. :lol:

My mom sums him up as a "dirty-minded old man with huge publicity".

Which pretty much summed him up based on half of his theories. He was the reason I enjoyed psychology class. :P

Alright... I had the most scary-ass dream last night that I've had in awhile...

It is set in the future (maybe 10 or 15 years), and I was a den leader for a local Cub Scout den. I was driving down the road and passed this park, and I saw another group of Cub Scouts doing a Pinewood Derby race. As I passed by, I remembered that our den was supposed to be having a similar competition, the rain-gutter regatta, that day and that I was missing it. So I drove really fast and headed over to the house of one of the boys who was in my den to talk to his parents. I arrive at their house (it is pretty old and beat up) to find that the two parents are fighting outside over something. I get out of the car and head up to them, and they instantly stop fighting. I asked whether their son was going to participate in the rain-gutter regatta today, and they said that he didn't want to do it. Then the dad asked me to come inside.

So we get inside, and the house is pretty much complete shit. We go and sit down at a table, and I ask the dad how I could be a better den leader. He goes on about how I seem very distant and don't really like the kids all that much, and he suggests that I do more with the kids. I agree with him and we continue on. The family dog walks over to the table we are sitting at and starts to talk. It was a large brown dog (no idea the breed) and I thought that it was weird that it was talking. It started to ramble on about hats and keys (TF2 invaded my dreams lol), but he wasn't making any sense. The dad told me how the dog was addicted to keys, and that the family was too poor to provide him with keys.

All of a sudden, the dog runs over beside me and viciously attacks my right thigh. He starts snarling things like "Give me a key! Give me a glory." (as in amulet of glory from Runescape) I quickly look around for something to calm him down with, and I spot 3 glory amulets on the table and try shoving them in his mouth. Unfortunately, all 4 of the charges had already been used up so the dog didn't want them, and he continued to tear at my thigh. I started screaming and yelling for the dog to get off and let go. The dad gets up from his chair and kicks the dog in the face. The dog instantly died and fell over dead on the floor. Somehow the kick managed to remove all of the skin (including the ear) from the left side of the dog's face, revealing its toothed jaw. I ran out of the house and returned home.

The next day, I went back to that guy's house, and he had a bunch of stuff laid out on the table for me. He had a bunch of random TF2 hats, metals, and keys he gave me along with an old tv and a small amount of money. He said he wanted to to have it to pay for the medical bills (but I didn't go to the hospital), and that he was going to cancel his cable tv and give me his iPod once he got it back from a repair shop. So I took the stuff and left....

The end.

For the first time last night, I had a dream with in a dream.

If we so shall get all inception about it, I suppose it went down to three levels.

I had a dream about playing Battlefield 3 on my xbox, which then proceeded to burn up and do some crazy things to my television. After that, I woke up and then went over to a friends house where we made some really awesome action movie about a group of elite soldiers blowing up a secret base, or something like that. Then after that, I woke up again and did my usual morning routine, wake up, go to the bathroom, stare out the window checking out the morning sky, etc. Then I woke up for real.

Crazy stuff maaaaan.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I am thinking of painting or sketching a scene of the next dream I get. From what I am aware, artists sometimes do it.

Still wondering where I can find out what chains, your own death, and wings can be interpreted as in dreams.

I am thinking of painting or sketching a scene of the next dream I get. From what I am aware, artists sometimes do it.

Still wondering where I can find out what chains, your own death, and wings can be interpreted as in dreams.

Oh... i know those.

It is different for each person, but...

Wings usually represent freedom, escape, or desire.

Chains can represent a lot of different things. One of the things can be a marriage (I doubt this is your situation), a connected idea or thought, or it could be represent that something holding you back.

Death is a special one. Self death can represent the act of letting go of something. A violent death usually means anger or aggression.

Once again. This may not be accurate at all, but these are some of the most common meanings of these symbols.

The chains were interesting. I figured it would be a symbol of restraint, but the connected thought/idea is new. Breaking chains would add to the wing idea.

As for death, it sorta fits since I recently let go of something when it was bothering me for awhile (wasn't any serious addiction or anything). I think I won't get those themes for awhile.

The chains were interesting. I figured it would be a symbol of restraint, but the connected thought/idea is new. Breaking chains would add to the wing idea.

As for death, it sorta fits since I recently let go of something when it was bothering me for awhile (wasn't any serious addiction or anything). I think I won't get those themes for awhile.

I had a dream the other day that was so full of symbols that it wasn't even funny. Basically the whole dream boiled down to me being afraid of failing college and disappointing my dad... However, the dream was some crazy shit about a kid stealing my toys.

It's strange I almost never get dreams related to failure or anything related to perfectionism anxiety despite how common it is, unless you could hospital-themed nightmares the day prior to going to the doctor (as a child-early teen).

Blame my mild trypanophobia/aichmophobia for that.