Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Vezon Dash

Dreams - post/share

Alright... I had the most scary-ass dream last night that I've had in awhile...

It is set in the future (maybe 10 or 15 years), and I was a den leader for a local Cub Scout den. I was driving down the road and passed this park, and I saw another group of Cub Scouts doing a Pinewood Derby race. As I passed by, I remembered that our den was supposed to be having a similar competition, the rain-gutter regatta, that day and that I was missing it. So I drove really fast and headed over to the house of one of the boys who was in my den to talk to his parents. I arrive at their house (it is pretty old and beat up) to find that the two parents are fighting outside over something. I get out of the car and head up to them, and they instantly stop fighting. I asked whether their son was going to participate in the rain-gutter regatta today, and they said that he didn't want to do it. Then the dad asked me to come inside.

So we get inside, and the house is pretty much complete shit. We go and sit down at a table, and I ask the dad how I could be a better den leader. He goes on about how I seem very distant and don't really like the kids all that much, and he suggests that I do more with the kids. I agree with him and we continue on. The family dog walks over to the table we are sitting at and starts to talk. It was a large brown dog (no idea the breed) and I thought that it was weird that it was talking. It started to ramble on about hats and keys (TF2 invaded my dreams lol), but he wasn't making any sense. The dad told me how the dog was addicted to keys, and that the family was too poor to provide him with keys.

All of a sudden, the dog runs over beside me and viciously attacks my right thigh. He starts snarling things like "Give me a key! Give me a glory." (as in amulet of glory from Runescape) I quickly look around for something to calm him down with, and I spot 3 glory amulets on the table and try shoving them in his mouth. Unfortunately, all 4 of the charges had already been used up so the dog didn't want them, and he continued to tear at my thigh. I started screaming and yelling for the dog to get off and let go. The dad gets up from his chair and kicks the dog in the face. The dog instantly died and fell over dead on the floor. Somehow the kick managed to remove all of the skin (including the ear) from the left side of the dog's face, revealing its toothed jaw. I ran out of the house and returned home.

The next day, I went back to that guy's house, and he had a bunch of stuff laid out on the table for me. He had a bunch of random TF2 hats, metals, and keys he gave me along with an old tv and a small amount of money. He said he wanted to to have it to pay for the medical bills (but I didn't go to the hospital), and that he was going to cancel his cable tv and give me his iPod once he got it back from a repair shop. So I took the stuff and left....

The end.

I hope you won't find it offensive, Vezon, that i found what you said very amusing. I mean, he just kicked the dog and it died, poof, like that! Quite an interesting dream :)

Final1.jpg

Haha, no offense taken.

I had a dream about Duff last night. I don't really remember what it was about except it had Duff, myself, and the cast from NCIS in it.

I had a zombie apocalypse dream last night. It was pretty scary. I'm pretty sure I had one a week ago today as well. Maybe its because my mind knows The Walking Dead is on Sundays?

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

I had a dream today that I have already had before, but it was just a slight bit different.

Does anyone have repeating dreams that either does it slightly different or exactly the same? I never seem to get those for some reason.

Does anyone have repeating dreams that either does it slightly different or exactly the same? I never seem to get those for some reason.

See my post above lol. But yeah, I get those on the occasion.

Figured there would be other TiFers who would have similar cases. :P

Oh, cannot remember my dreams as effectively now, but had one involving the TARDIS. Wondering if any dreams now will be based off what I last did before sleeping, which is TiF, RS, or watching anime.

Figured there would be other TiFers who would have similar cases. :P

Oh, cannot remember my dreams as effectively now, but had one involving the TARDIS. Wondering if any dreams now will be based off what I last did before sleeping, which is TiF, RS, or watching anime.

Some of mine are like that. I've had numerous dreams about Runescape, TF2, school, or even random things that I'm worried/thinking about before I fall asleep. Unfortunately, I can't manipulate what I dream about by thinking of that thing before I fall asleep.

I had a dream that I spent Christmas day with Rarity at the mall. I found $80 in a package of gum that someone threw on the floor, and we went back to my place for a nice dinner.

This is probably the best/happiest dream that I've had in awhile.

Took a nap earlier. It involved a crumbling tower and falling out of it when the floor I stood on collapsed once I reached the ground floor.

Bought Dead Space 2 yesterday, and its made its way into my dreams faster than expected (normally it would take a few days). No necromorphs or anything scary, but when I woke up I remember that a whole lot of thoughts about Unitology were going through my head, like some sort of debate. They continued while I fell back asleep at least once, but I didn't have my journal so I no longer have any idea what the thoughts actually were. Still waiting for my dreams to take a potential turn to the pants crapingly insane. I don't generally play games where stuff jumps out at you, and other parts of the game are deeply disturbing. Actually getting to the point where I fear falling asleep because I really don't want aspects from the game in my dreams (but the game is so good I can't not play it).

Anyone else ever have that problem, where your pretty sure a nightmare is on the way and you really just don't want to sleep out of fear of what kind of dream your going to have? I suppose this could also apply to recurring nightmares, where people don't want to go to sleep because they expect to have the same nightmare again. Not fun.

Dear god... My weirdest dreams always have Jack Spicer in them.

Had another "chain dream", except I was traversing an unknown desert with a large ball and chain, but the ball kept getting bigger and more inconveniences occurred to me, making walking impossible. In the end, I ended up sinking in the desert sands due to the sheer weight.

I had this weird, trippy dream where I went to China with my art group from college - we visited Bejing and Shanghai, doing lots of architectural photography. I was supposed to be going today, so Ellen was really attatched to me, and wouldn't stop hugging me.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I had my first zombie/zombie infection dream last night. It was a cross between normal zombies, and the monsters from the Dead Space series. And it wasn't really scary at all (but it also lacked the major zombie ass kicking I was hoping for).

I have to love my brain. I know full well that a zombie infection transmitted by bodily fluids (mostly bites) wouldn't actually be viable. That's the slowest way for an infection to spread. Instead, my brain opted for the 'something in the water' method of transmition, which allowed many dream peeps to be infected all at once. Honestly, that's about all I remember from it (I need to use my diary again). I also remember that the dream I had after it referenced it, which is cool, even if I don't remember what that dream was, or what the reference was.

From what I can remember feeling about the dream after, I think it was pretty cool.

Had a dream last night that I was back on my high school football team. I wasn't sure if my coach was going to make me play or not (I had a feeling he would because I was a starter all the years I played when I actually went there). But I didn't know any of the plays. And then I wasn't in my pads (because I assumed he wouldn't play me cause I didn't know the plays), and was rushing to get them on because I knew he'd be pissed if I wasn't ready and he wanted to play me.

I woke up and my heart was pounding so fast and hard that my chest hurt. No exaggeration. It really hurt.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I tend to get all of those comforting dreams such as being president, going somewhere you have always wanted to go, etc., only to be woken by my alarm clock 30 minutes later... :wall:

And that was my story.

I had one of those dreams that's so awesome, and you believe it so much (while asleep) that its a real downer when you wake up and realize it isn't true.

In a nut shell, I dreamed that my room here in my house was somehow connected (through a mall, because my dreams have to meet their quota of craziness nightly) to like an apartment complex, where I had a really nice...well apartment. Living room, Kitchen (some weird hole in the ground style that's hard to describe), a small bedroom with its own bathroom, and then a master bed and bath. In terms of scale, probably about 1500 sq ft. Not bad for a flat.

I can't remember now why having this second house essentially was so awesome, but I remember I was super dissapointed when I woke up and realized that no, I only have one house, not two of them connected through a mall that was turning a 6km separation into a 200ft long walk (which I noticed and ignored while dreaming).

Dreams are weirdly realistic at times.

I've sworn I was awake because of how real it was. I even told myself, "Holy hell, this is exactly how it feels. A dream can't do this." Upon waking up, though, it was impossible for it to have been real.

Kinda interesting to think about, how our brain can make us sense and perceive certain things.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Dreams are weirdly realistic at times.

I've sworn I was awake because of how real it was. I even told myself, "Holy hell, this is exactly how it feels. A dream can't do this." Upon waking up, though, it was impossible for it to have been real.

Kinda interesting to think about, how our brain can make us sense and perceive certain things.

Have you ever had a dream realistic enough that at some point after having it, you can't be sure if it was a dream or not?

I get this sometimes with dreams where I find something that I lost, and was looking for. Sometimes, about a week after the dream I will remember it, and I cant be sure if I dreamt the whole thing, or if I really did find the object and then lost it again (I still can't know for sure as it relates to a couple dreams, but I am 95% certain they were in fact dreams).

I had a very.. odd dream a few weeks ago.

I was a dwarf who was trying to hunt down an elf who burned down a popular city, as well as being the commander of an army who was trying to invade the elves' homes and kill them all because they wouldn't give up the one elf who burned the city.

Now I'm sorta piecing the dream back together and thinking about writing a story about it.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I've been napping more in the afternoon now and, like my sleeping habit, rather odd dreams have followed. The more interesting part is that it isn't the scenarios but the people and figures that keep on appearing. So far, there are three that appear multiple times: An armored female with locks and chains linking the suit together as well as a mermaid in cases that involve water.

I don't feel like figuring out their significance but they do appear several times in the dreams I recall. Items have also shown up a lot, like a bow.

I've been napping more in the afternoon now and, like my sleeping habit, rather odd dreams have followed. The more interesting part is that it isn't the scenarios but the people and figures that keep on appearing. So far, there are three that appear multiple times: An armored female with locks and chains linking the suit together as well as a mermaid in cases that involve water.

I don't feel like figuring out their significance but they do appear several times in the dreams I recall. Items have also shown up a lot, like a bow.

I don't know how it works for other people, but I have never been able to see either why you would go to someone else to interpret your dreams, or how people can't understand their own.

99% of my dreams fall into two categories. Fantasies (this could be doing something impossible like flying, or having a major problem in my life solved or non existent), and nightmares. And I don't have nightmares very often (I think I have had entire years without one). Since my dreams are pretty much all fantasies, I am already aware of what they are about. Sure, my mind might add psychedelic content to keep them interesting, but I can almost always follow the main point.

That said, some of my dreams have given me great personal insight into my own mind. The inspiration for them had to come from somewhere, so I consider my dreams to be a way to see just what my subconscious is thinking about, and sometimes it's thinking about some really interesting things. Other times its just trying to remember where I put something. And once or twice every year or so, its totally losing its shit (nightmares), normally over the most asinine things you could think of (actually, I don't think anyone could possibly think up the stuff my mind goes to pieces over, myself included).