Dreams - post/share

Vezon Dash

I had one *Hell* of a dream this afternoon.

I was in the church building where I used to go to church several years ago. I come out of the bathroom, and I see people beginning to panic. I could smell the stench of burning flesh (It is a horrible smell if you have never smelled it before). Instantly, I know what is happening. I tried to explain to everyone that it was the Koreans using nuclear processes to kill American people. My family and I run outside, and I look up and point to the sky. There is a large stream of *thick* black smoke flowing through the sky. There are small ash particles falling all around. I turn to my mom and ask "that is the Jet Stream isn't it?" She solemnly responded with "yes." The flowing black smoke was the ash from all of the bodies that the Koreans were burning, and the smoke was circling the world in the Jet Stream. I screamed and ran over to my car. I sped off from the parking lot in fear that the Koreans might bomb us. I arrive at my dorm room back here at Purdue, but they shoved 8 beds in my room to accommodate all of the refugees who were fearing the bombs. I could see that my carpet was missing from the floor (for some reason, this was important to me). I look all around the room for it, and eventually I find it rolled up in a corner. One of the boys who was living in my room told me that he moved it. I pulled out a knife and stabbed him several times and ran off.

That is as much as I can honestly remember, but there wasn't much else.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the church building where I used to go to church several years ago. I come out of the bathroom, and I see people beginning to panic. I could smell the stench of burning flesh (It is a horrible smell if you have never smelled it before). Instantly, I know what is happening. I tried to explain to everyone that it was the Koreans using nuclear processes to kill American people. My family and I run outside, and I look up and point to the sky. There is a large stream of *thick* black smoke flowing through the sky. There are small ash particles falling all around. I turn to my mom and ask "that is the Jet Stream isn't it?" She solemnly responded with "yes." The flowing black smoke was the ash from all of the bodies that the Koreans were burning, and the smoke was circling the world in the Jet Stream. I screamed and ran over to my car. I sped off from the parking lot in fear that the Koreans might bomb us. I arrive at my dorm room back here at Purdue, but they shoved 8 beds in my room to accommodate all of the refugees who were fearing the bombs. I could see that my carpet was missing from the floor (for some reason, this was important to me). I look all around the room for it, and eventually I find it rolled up in a corner. One of the boys who was living in my room told me that he moved it. I pulled out a knife and stabbed him several times and ran off.

lookup1743130.jpg

She's gonna get you.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

koreangirl.jpg

She's gonna get you.

Let's hope not. Luckily I had a good dream last night that sort of makes up for it.

Well this one was strange.

It started out with my rich friend having a birthday party. Her parents rented her a really fancy, but also historic boat. I have no idea how it was 'historic' when it was so modern and fancy looking, but it had something to do with Egypt. We were all having fun and jumping off the boat into the ocean. Then my alarm went off irl, but I went back to bed and the dream went off in a new direction. Someone like... came onto the boat or somehow bestowed a quest upon pairs of us (like me and someone else got a quest, two other people got a different one, etc.). I think it was also a race. Like who completes the quest first wins. We ended up going back in time to Egypt like hundreds or thousands of years ago. The quests were mostly to collect certain things by a deadline.. but they were random and hard to obtain. My partner and I had to collect 3 things. I don't remember what the first two were, just that we were trading feathers for one of the items at some kind of trade market. Eventually we realized that the market people had been ripping us off. They claimed that feathers were super rare and hard to find and we were having a hard time getting enough to trade with... but eventually we discovered that there were loaaaaaaaaads of feathers in their backyard, they obviously just didn't want us to know about them. We also kept hearing from random people that no one has ever completed a quest from this guy.

Anyway the last item we had to get was a quiche. What the hell. But we couldn't get it and we were running out of time. So we went back to the boat (I guess we had to be back at the boat by a certain time to travel back to present time). One other couple was already there but we didn't want to talk to them so we snuck onto the boat and went in a different area. We ended up having fun and 'play fighting' on the boat, thus destroying a lot of stuff. I don't know what happened in the end, except that when we got back to present time the boat was destroyed and then it truly was some historical thing and not a modern day construction.

I feel like I need to write a book about this. Lulz.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Information before sharing the dream: This happened the night before I was expecting an admissions decision to MIT, which was the college I was most hopeful for.

So I'm in this small office-like room with 3 adults, all admissions officers from MIT, and 2 other kids who live in the same county as me (They were figments of imagination, they don't really exist, but in the dream I knew where they were from. So it's like an American Idol scene, where they go down a line and are giving us our decisions. The first two kids got accepted, so at that point I thought I was "going home." Miraculously, they accepted me, and I started crying I was so happy. Eventually I woke up, felt confident it was a sign of luck, but then found out I didn't get in. Oh well, I guess dreams don't mean anything after all. :rolleyes:

I sleep really deep, and although I would love more dreams and stuff I usually only end up remembering around 2 a month or so, and usually it is only after I go to bed after thinking on that particular topic for a while, or when really tired and falling asleep almost instantly. Although, that being said when I do have dreams I usually remember them with lucid detail.

For me, I'm a heavy sleeper and if my family and few friends are to be believed, I am impossible to wake up even if you shake the bed or instigate Ragnarok. As for dreams, I haven't been recalling them lately aside from the occasional one where I am either physically blind or wandering a void on some large vehicle. Perhaps the void is symbolic of how my life has been boring and too routine to the point I feel empty, but that is my own interpretation. For the large vehicles, I presume it's my desire for adventure or curbing the dull senses boredom has brought me.

I have a recurring dream that I don't think has ever changed since the first time I got it about 4 years ago. I've had it about 6 times:

It's a hot summer's day, blue skies with the odd cloud, and I'm outside my/my parent's house in the front garden. I live at the top of a cul-de-sac, where every house is a bungalow, and every detail about the road and the houses seems to match with reality. In the driveway of the house on the opposite side, however, the middle-aged lady who lives there is standing in a basket under a huge ~20 foot balloon which she is filling up with a gas canister.

She beckons me over in a friendly manner, and after thinking about it for a moment, I wordlessly and excitedly cross the road get in the basket with her, and we're both wearing scarves and winter clothing. Although no words are said, I feel like I'm about to go on an adventure, or a fantastic trip into the sky. I watch in wonder as the balloon gets bigger and bigger, getting to around 30 ft in diameter, and the basket lifts off the ground for a second. We're sort of hopping up and down, trying (and failing) to take off, and the wind carries us down the road, still hopping to a height of about 10 feet.

The cul-de-sac leads on to a very busy main road, which is again exactly how it is in reality, and we're dragged along the pavement at the side, brushing with the trees, and eventually drift onto the road, which is full of cars going at quite a speed, but we're so determined to take off that we're not scared at all. About two more unsuccessful hops later, a truck collides at top speed with the basket and I wake up.

The thing is, in reality, this lady died about 6 years ago when she was crossing the road and hit by a speeding car onto a roundabout several roads down from the main road. I barely knew her, only her name and what she looked like. She wasn't outgoing or adventurous either, just lived a quiet life with her husband. I didn't see the accident, I was only told about it second-hand. If I could comment on my own dream, I'd say it was my mind basing the dream around what I heard regarding that car accident, but I have no idea where the whole balloon/adventure/failing to take off thing comes from. The last time I had this dream was 4 days ago, and I don't even regularly live at my parent's house any more.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'd have to say (no expert) that your sub concious is trying to tell you that you have a thirst or want of adventure but you are afraid, because you may fail or die while doing so, either that or you are afraid of a death that way, something maybe from your childhood where you went to close to the road or something.

your sub concious is trying to tell you that you have a thirst or want of adventure but you are afraid, because you may fail

This sounds reasonable. To be honest, dreams really do work like this. Whenever I have a really thought provoking dream, I always ask my friend what he thinks about it. For the most part, dreams have a simple meaning, and deep down, they are usually always right.

I had this one a while ago, I think I posted it in a previous thread. Had it again recently.

I was laying on the ground, and could see the sky. I realized that it was freezing cold. Wanting to find out what I was smelling, I stood up. I looked around and realized that I was in a type of courtyard, surrounded on all sides by brick walls. There was no way out that I could see, and the walls must have been seventy feet high. Still somewhat disoriented, I realized that the ground below me was uneven, and I looked around the courtyard at my level for the first time.

Bodies in various states of decomposition, absolutely carpeting the ground. Piles and hills of them. And some of them weren't dead. Some were moaning, and trying to move their arms. Others were crawling, and some were leaning against the walls. The strongest ones limped weakly around the area, seemingly with no particular destination in mind. They were all dangerously thin, though I could only tell from their tattered, thick jackets.

I noticed one of them kneeling next to me, and I watched as he picked up a jawbone, with white gums and blackened teeth. He looked at it, then started scraping at the gums with his teeth, eating whatever he could. When he picked it clean, he collapsed.

Across the yard, one of the men was babbling to himself, rocking in a corner in the fetal position. Another was chewing his own arm. Several walked towards me, then descended on the man who had been eating the jaw bone.

Freaked me out for a day after I had it the first time.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

your sub concious is trying to tell you that you have a thirst or want of adventure but you are afraid, because you may fail

This sounds reasonable. To be honest, dreams really do work like this. Whenever I have a really thought provoking dream, I always ask my friend what he thinks about it. For the most part, dreams have a simple meaning, and deep down, they are usually always right.

It sounds reasonable to me too. My life so far never has been all too adventurous, and I've always wanted to do something that really was. I'm worried that it's indicating that I'm afraid of failing though, I'll keep it in mind.

These things always seem to become clearer and simpler when you write it down, so this thread has done me a service, so thanks. icon_e_smile.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It sounds reasonable to me too. My life so far never has been all too adventurous, and I've always wanted to do something that really was. I'm worried that it's indicating that I'm afraid of failing though, I'll keep it in mind.

These things always seem to become clearer and simpler when you write it down, so this thread has done me a service, so thanks. icon_e_smile.gif

That is part of the reason why I started it. ;)

Also, having someone else hear/read your dream is always insightful. So always feel welcome to post your dreams here. You might just get some kind of edification from it.

I had this one a while ago, I think I posted it in a previous thread. Had it again recently.

I was laying on the ground, and could see the sky. I realized that it was freezing cold. Wanting to find out what I was smelling, I stood up. I looked around and realized that I was in a type of courtyard, surrounded on all sides by brick walls. There was no way out that I could see, and the walls must have been seventy feet high. Still somewhat disoriented, I realized that the ground below me was uneven, and I looked around the courtyard at my level for the first time.

Bodies in various states of decomposition, absolutely carpeting the ground. Piles and hills of them. And some of them weren't dead. Some were moaning, and trying to move their arms. Others were crawling, and some were leaning against the walls. The strongest ones limped weakly around the area, seemingly with no particular destination in mind. They were all dangerously thin, though I could only tell from their tattered, thick jackets.

I noticed one of them kneeling next to me, and I watched as he picked up a jawbone, with white gums and blackened teeth. He looked at it, then started scraping at the gums with his teeth, eating whatever he could. When he picked it clean, he collapsed.

Across the yard, one of the men was babbling to himself, rocking in a corner in the fetal position. Another was chewing his own arm. Several walked towards me, then descended on the man who had been eating the jaw bone.

The walls might represent something such as an obstacle or barrier that you have. (possibly even a fear)

Rotting/falling out teeth in dreams usually represent anxiety or fear.

As for the bodies... I'd have to do some research.

Are you afraid of something, or is there an obstacle in your life that you are blocked by?

Before reading the last few posts I didn't even know dream interpretation was a real thing.

Wait, seriously?

Whether dream interpretation is actually accurate or not, dreams happen for a reason. Just like odd fantasies that one may have.

Dream interpretation makes sense so long as you approach it with the theory that dreams are from the subconcious and are generated from your inner thoughts, fears, memories, and mental state. Otherwise, either they wouldn't make any sense or they wouldn't exist. From that, it follows that whatever is in the dream will have something in common with whatever feeling or memory generated it, so interpretation or reverse-engineering is possible, if imperfect.

Wow, dreams are really interesting when you think about it. huh.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Did you know that everybody that is in your dream is a person that you have seen before? Yup. Whether or not you can remember what a person looks like, your brain has a PERFECT image of those random people you see in the grocery store for 30 seconds and never see again.

Cool isn't it? :shades:

Did you know that everybody that is in your dream is a person that you have seen before? Yup. Whether or not you can remember what a person looks like, your brain has a PERFECT image of those random people you see in the grocery store for 30 seconds and never see again.

citation needed

citation needed

Can you not just take my word for it, or better yet, look it up yourself?

citation needed

Can you not just take my word for it, or better yet, look it up yourself?

nope

Again I am no expert and these are just my thoughts, but from this dream I get a few things, first is that you are really terified of death and the things that happen afterward such as the decomposition and such,hence the bodies in states of decomposition, but for some reason you see no way to not face it, hence the walls. Along with this fear of death you have a fear of what will happen after it, also a fear of predators, hence the cannibalism to represent scavengers and other things and yet again the various states of decomposition.

Personally I would have to say that you are being placed or forced into a position where you will have to see and deal with death, you see no way of getting out of the position, and along with this fear comes a fear of the unknown and such as shown by the cannibalism and skinny people, your sub concious is telling you that it really doesn't like being exposed to death and is completely afraid of it so it is trying to scare you away from it completely.

As said at the start, I am no expert so I am only trying to interpet what I can just by feel.

Again I am no expert and these are just my thoughts, but from this dream I get a few things, first is that you are really terified of death and the things that happen afterward such as the decomposition and such,hence the bodies in states of decomposition, but for some reason you see no way to not face it, hence the walls. Along with this fear of death you have a fear of what will happen after it, also a fear of predators, hence the cannibalism to represent scavengers and other things and yet again the various states of decomposition.

Personally I would have to say that you are being placed or forced into a position where you will have to see and deal with death, you see no way of getting out of the position, and along with this fear comes a fear of the unknown and such as shown by the cannibalism and skinny people, your sub concious is telling you that it really doesn't like being exposed to death and is completely afraid of it so it is trying to scare you away from it completely.

As said at the start, I am no expert so I am only trying to interpet what I can just by feel.

Death/dying in a dream doesn't always mean death/dying in reality. Dying in dreams often symbolizes renewal. However, in this case decomposition and death could mean something in the distant past.

Death/dying in a dream doesn't always mean death/dying in reality. Dying in dreams often symbolizes renewal. However, in this case decomposition and death could mean something in the distant past.

It could but I just get this when I see what is in the dream, it could mean something in the past and may be linked to it but I honestly think that it has more to do with having to face the death in someway. Also, in the dream he didn't die, it was the people around him that were dead and dying, that could mean a change in your social group I guess but my feeling is that the point above is closer to the point.