Dreams - post/share

Vezon Dash

I had this one a while ago, I think I posted it in a previous thread. Had it again recently.

I was laying on the ground, and could see the sky. I realized that it was freezing cold. Wanting to find out what I was smelling, I stood up. I looked around and realized that I was in a type of courtyard, surrounded on all sides by brick walls. There was no way out that I could see, and the walls must have been seventy feet high. Still somewhat disoriented, I realized that the ground below me was uneven, and I looked around the courtyard at my level for the first time.

Bodies in various states of decomposition, absolutely carpeting the ground. Piles and hills of them. And some of them weren't dead. Some were moaning, and trying to move their arms. Others were crawling, and some were leaning against the walls. The strongest ones limped weakly around the area, seemingly with no particular destination in mind. They were all dangerously thin, though I could only tell from their tattered, thick jackets.

I noticed one of them kneeling next to me, and I watched as he picked up a jawbone, with white gums and blackened teeth. He looked at it, then started scraping at the gums with his teeth, eating whatever he could. When he picked it clean, he collapsed.

Across the yard, one of the men was babbling to himself, rocking in a corner in the fetal position. Another was chewing his own arm. Several walked towards me, then descended on the man who had been eating the jaw bone.

Freaked me out for a day after I had it the first time.

Again I am no expert and these are just my thoughts, but from this dream I get a few things, first is that you are really terified of death and the things that happen afterward such as the decomposition and such,hence the bodies in states of decomposition, but for some reason you see no way to not face it, hence the walls. Along with this fear of death you have a fear of what will happen after it, also a fear of predators, hence the cannibalism to represent scavengers and other things and yet again the various states of decomposition.

Personally I would have to say that you are being placed or forced into a position where you will have to see and deal with death, you see no way of getting out of the position, and along with this fear comes a fear of the unknown and such as shown by the cannibalism and skinny people, your sub concious is telling you that it really doesn't like being exposed to death and is completely afraid of it so it is trying to scare you away from it completely.

As said at the start, I am no expert so I am only trying to interpet what I can just by feel.

Death/dying in a dream doesn't always mean death/dying in reality. Dying in dreams often symbolizes renewal. However, in this case decomposition and death could mean something in the distant past.

It could but I just get this when I see what is in the dream, it could mean something in the past and may be linked to it but I honestly think that it has more to do with having to face the death in someway. Also, in the dream he didn't die, it was the people around him that were dead and dying, that could mean a change in your social group I guess but my feeling is that the point above is closer to the point.

I'm not arguing with you; I'm just giving Dizzle some other options. After all, he is the only one who honestly knows what his dream means. :P

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this one a while ago, I think I posted it in a previous thread. Had it again recently.

I was laying on the ground, and could see the sky. I realized that it was freezing cold. Wanting to find out what I was smelling, I stood up. I looked around and realized that I was in a type of courtyard, surrounded on all sides by brick walls. There was no way out that I could see, and the walls must have been seventy feet high. Still somewhat disoriented, I realized that the ground below me was uneven, and I looked around the courtyard at my level for the first time.

Bodies in various states of decomposition, absolutely carpeting the ground. Piles and hills of them. And some of them weren't dead. Some were moaning, and trying to move their arms. Others were crawling, and some were leaning against the walls. The strongest ones limped weakly around the area, seemingly with no particular destination in mind. They were all dangerously thin, though I could only tell from their tattered, thick jackets.

I noticed one of them kneeling next to me, and I watched as he picked up a jawbone, with white gums and blackened teeth. He looked at it, then started scraping at the gums with his teeth, eating whatever he could. When he picked it clean, he collapsed.

Across the yard, one of the men was babbling to himself, rocking in a corner in the fetal position. Another was chewing his own arm. Several walked towards me, then descended on the man who had been eating the jaw bone.

Again I am no expert and these are just my thoughts, but from this dream I get a few things, first is that you are really terified of death and the things that happen afterward such as the decomposition and such,hence the bodies in states of decomposition, but for some reason you see no way to not face it, hence the walls. Along with this fear of death you have a fear of what will happen after it, also a fear of predators, hence the cannibalism to represent scavengers and other things and yet again the various states of decomposition.

Personally I would have to say that you are being placed or forced into a position where you will have to see and deal with death, you see no way of getting out of the position, and along with this fear comes a fear of the unknown and such as shown by the cannibalism and skinny people, your sub concious is telling you that it really doesn't like being exposed to death and is completely afraid of it so it is trying to scare you away from it completely.

As said at the start, I am no expert so I am only trying to interpet what I can just by feel.

Death/dying in a dream doesn't always mean death/dying in reality. Dying in dreams often symbolizes renewal. However, in this case decomposition and death could mean something in the distant past.

It could but I just get this when I see what is in the dream, it could mean something in the past and may be linked to it but I honestly think that it has more to do with having to face the death in someway. Also, in the dream he didn't die, it was the people around him that were dead and dying, that could mean a change in your social group I guess but my feeling is that the point above is closer to the point.

I'm not arguing with you; I'm just giving Dizzle some other options. After all, he is the only one who honestly knows what his dream means. :P

K sorry, I should be in bed because that post was at like 1 in the morning... So I may seem a little of my norm, or argumentive.

K sorry, I should be in bed because that post was at like 1 in the morning... So I may seem a little of my norm, or argumentive.

Na dude. It is all good. This topic is pretty much all speculation anyway.

I've never thought much of the idea of dream symbolism, at least not in a universal sense. I don't know what death in a dream would mean for me, but then, I'm also symbolism impaired.

Had one last night that I really wish I had written down, because now its a bunch of fragments. I would also like to remember the beginning, because this one actually had a setup I think. Most of it related to looking forward to weekends in the summer, based off what I was doing in the dream (swimming, water skiiing all at my parents lakefront), but I was also trying to get two people to fall for me (at the same time) because I couldn't decide between them. If I had to guess, its coming from my own real relationship as it moves along, and my mind is working through it doubts, literally of the one that got away I think. Oddly enough, my dream used two other people I don't recognize.

I managed to pull out a monster/chase dream, that I think was based off the deadspace games (right at the end it was decided that the thing on the necklace that got recovered in the ruins of someplace was causing the transformations). Not scary though (at least, not a nightmare), which is highlighted by just how terrible my memory of it is now.

Fun night. Not sure where the chase dreams come from though. They aren't really related to any current thoughts, or fantasies, and they don't ever properly match up with any games or movies. I also don't like it when you end up being chased in games (except the cops in gta). Maybe I have a fear of being chased and my subconscious is trying to get me over it.

Had a dream where I'm in a field with a rifle and I keep being attacked by people with machine guns. I felt no fear and while they missed, I didn't. I took them down one by one. Then I was at an airport scenario which looked exactly like how the map Terminal looks in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I was on the plane sitting at the airport with others, while there were gunmen everywhere. I had a pistol and some ammunition, and I started shooting them and barely ever missed. I finally ran out of ammo and started asking for some from the other people there if they had any, and someone gave me 3 tubes of long circle ammo kinda things. I was hesitant it was going to work but I loaded one of them. I aimed at one of the last 3 gunman and the pistol shots were like a ppsh from cod 5, insanely fast. I proceeded to kill all 3 of them and that's when I woke up.

Decent dream.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

My dream was screwed last night, I was at my school meeting with friends for some reason. Then I found out it was parent teacher night. Then for some reason all the students in Grade 8 were having a massed gym class, we did a warmup then went onto the stage, it had stadium seating on one of the walls! Worst part was then we had to do some kind of gym assignment where we had to take 2 sprinklers, 2 hoses and put them together to water a little twig which was planted in the gym floor... We had partners for this and I had a random chick I know as my partner, then I started to try and put the hoses on the sprinklers and there were no threads on the hose, instead there was a condom like rubber or plastic that I stretched over the opening. I didn't get the ending because around then my dog woke me up so that it could have a piss.

Also Gabe, stop playing COD before bed...

My dream was screwed last night, I was at my school meeting with friends for some reason. Then I found out it was parent teacher night. Then for some reason all the students in Grade 8 were having a massed gym class, we did a warmup then went onto the stage, it had stadium seating on one of the walls! Worst part was then we had to do some kind of gym assignment where we had to take 2 sprinklers, 2 hoses and put them together to water a little twig which was planted in the gym floor... We had partners for this and I had a random chick I know as my partner, then I started to try and put the hoses on the sprinklers and there were no threads on the hose, instead there was a condom like rubber or plastic that I stretched over the opening. I didn't get the ending because around then my dog woke me up so that it could have a piss.

Also Gabe, stop playing COD before bed...

I was playing COD Black ops lol

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

It's strange - often I'll remember a part of a dream if it involves someone that means something to me (e.g. a crush or something of the like) and what happens in the tiny part that involves them, but none of the rest of the dream.

Also, I often find that lying in bed, shortly after waking up, I'll fall into a semi-asleep state, and have dreams of Facebook conversations and texts. :blink:

And blimey, Deja vu is annoying, in a weird kind of way. :unsure:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I started my dream journal again. Day 1 was pretty bad, with terrible recall. Aside from the fact I am normally writing these with blackout curtains still drawn, on my side, with only one eye open/able to see, and therefore has some scary bad penmanship, it was very disjointed and general. Day 2 was a lot better, and if I had written it down right when I woke up I probably could have gotten double the detail down. Still, its sort of working in that I can still sort of remember all three dreams (two on day 1), especially if I give it a read through. By the end of the weekend I should have my dream recall skills back up to scratch, and my dream descriptions will stop sounding like ADD just swallowed the medicine cabinet (because I recall dreams from end to beginning, so they are often out of order).

I can remember every dream I have recorded, even if only a couple mental pictures, if I read my descriptions over, so if I keep this up, there are going to be an incredible amount of memories I would have missed out on. Even if I don't get to lucid dream more, the extra memories should be nice.

I started my dream journal again. Day 1 was pretty bad, with terrible recall. Aside from the fact I am normally writing these with blackout curtains still drawn, on my side, with only one eye open/able to see, and therefore has some scary bad penmanship, it was very disjointed and general. Day 2 was a lot better, and if I had written it down right when I woke up I probably could have gotten double the detail down. Still, its sort of working in that I can still sort of remember all three dreams (two on day 1), especially if I give it a read through. By the end of the weekend I should have my dream recall skills back up to scratch, and my dream descriptions will stop sounding like ADD just swallowed the medicine cabinet (because I recall dreams from end to beginning, so they are often out of order).

I can remember every dream I have recorded, even if only a couple mental pictures, if I read my descriptions over, so if I keep this up, there are going to be an incredible amount of memories I would have missed out on. Even if I don't get to lucid dream more, the extra memories should be nice.

I would so like to do that...but I really really really rarely remember my dreams. Maybe like once in a month... :/

If you want to remember your dreams, here is a protip. Set an alarm for a time about 90-180 minutes after you fall asleep. You don't remember your dreams because you don't wake up during REM sleep. The REM cycle is every 90 minutes if I remember correctly.

Heh, my body has seemingly fixed its sleep cycle so that I no longer wake up during a REM cycle (which is cool cause that's not fun because you just want to go back to sleep). I am also now hitting 3 or 4 brief awakenings a night (I can remember these most of the time, which I don't think is normal). It makes it much harder to recall dreams though.

90 minutes should be about right. It's a short REM cycle (they get longer the longer you sleep), but its probably the easiest one to hit.

I had a dream that I died. And then I woke up. It happens twice, if not three times a week.

That seems like an unpleasant way to wake up. I woken up at the dream point of death before (well, a bit before, or else my dream just sucked at simulating pain), and I did so by practically jumping out of bed, and I was in no rush to go back to sleep.

This isn't about my dream, but rather a friend's dream.

Have you ever had a character in a dream say something so profound, and though provoking that when you wake up you just start crying?

Apparently this happened to my friend when one of the characters in a dream (one of his, as well as my, best friends in real life) said this.

"Is it ironic that we die on the field of battle... the field of chaos, being beings of chaos? I guess it's just coincidence..."

None you can truly appreciate the gravity of this statement, but in context, it makes you just want to go curl up in a corner and sob for a bit.

I think I can honestly state that I have no idea what anyone in any of my dreams has ever said (myself included). I know that my subconscious is a lot better at remembering songs than my conscious mind is, because I've dreamed that I was listening to music before, and I know that my dreams can simulate quite a bit of text and keep it steady enough for me not to notice its a dream (hell, 2 days ago I dreamed I was writing my dream down while the sleep paralysis was still active and I was semi conscious).

Going through my journal to see if I ever quoted anything and forgot about it, and found what I remember was one hell of a dream. Took a few goes through it to bring it back, but some of the pictures are still there. I really need to work on my legibility in the morning, so I think I have lost one of the nights dreams forever due to not being able to read it, but I found this gem:

"only way to fight aliens/zombies is with a kirby like device"

I really wish I could remember that. I remember I was in some sort of facility protecting two people from some sort of invasion thing, and I had a very round weapon. I think it might have been a laser gun shaped like kirby.

I've also apparently talked to "two polar bears and my brothers husky".

What I really need is something to record my voice (I feel like my phone could do this actually), so that I can just say everything as it comes to me, before I start to forget, and then transcribe it once I'm awake and able to print in a manner that I might actually be able to read.

For the past... awhile.. I can't stop dreaming about a girl that got away and its depressing as balls to wake up in the morning nowadays. Its like jeez come on brain, let it go.

My brain too likes to use the ones that got away, or the ones I never had the courage to act on, in my dreams. It's like, hello brain? I'm in a freaking relationship with another person now, could I maybe dream about them for a change? Thanks.

For the past... awhile.. I can't stop dreaming about a girl that got away and its depressing as balls to wake up in the morning nowadays. Its like jeez come on brain, let it go.

Are you on TWC? Just wondering nothing personal.

Those dreams must be annoying, as I have said before, I sleep to deeply and never dream, which I find annoying because they are always good when it happens.

Those dreams must be annoying, as I have said before, I sleep to deeply and never dream, which I find annoying because they are always good when it happens.

The Weather Channel?

hiccup.png

The Weather Channel?

Total War Centre...

So I decided to use my phone to do voice recordings of my dreams when I wake up, so that I can transcribe them later (and thus have them be legible). One of the things that happened to me with the journal, and apparently works with a phone too, is that I would wake up and think about recording the dream, and then go back to sleep and dream myself doing that which normally wakes me back up and I record it for real).

Last night, I recorded two dreams on my phone (or so I thought), during a third dream, all without waking up once. In one way, its a pity because I think those dreams are lost forever (unless my dream phone has working dream memory and can play back previous recordings in future dreams, which would be very awesome but I don't think that will work). On the other hand, if this is going to happen, it gives me a real shot at lucid dreaming. All I have to do is train myself to do a reality check every time I go to record a dream with my phone. I figure the easiest thing to do is a reflection check, which should always work because I can see my reflection in the screen before I light it up, so there will always be a mirror handy.

I keep having the same similar dream for the past two weeks; waking up in a world completely drenched in darkness, always running and trying to hide from people after me. Dunno what it means, probably too many late-night shows.

Popoto.~<3

This is weird rather weird. The past month have been dreams of being in a sort of void among various relics on a ship. This time, my dream last night went in an odd route...

I found myself on an abandoned and wrecked pirate ship that was wedged in the middle of a swamp that was filled with supernatural beings and the like, only having my clothes and a rusty spear on end. After navigating through the empty treasure chests, I exited the ruined vessel and began exploring the new landscape. After some traveling that mostly consisted of avoiding undead creatures and looting corpses, I noticed an odd being that was sitting on a rotten tree stump and chained by one leg. After some cautious trekking towards the figure, I was able to see what it was: a zombified version of me without eyes and staring into a portal of various events.

And it ends there. My dreams make zero sense to me half the time so I cannot be bothered decoding them.