Profile Picture not changing

I'm having issues changing my profile picture. It keeps reverting back to the Deadmau5 picture that I had on there and not updating it to the picture that I upload. I've tried clearing my history to see if the previous image was just stored on my browser and that hasn't fixed the problem.

Any idea why it won't change it?

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Huh it's not updating for me then. I've tried logging out and using a different browser but it keeps showing the deadmau5 image that i used to use. If it actually did update then this can just be locked.

And no, I didn't confuse the avatar and profile images. :P

Well, I can confirm that the profile pictures do not update anywhere except the upload picture page, but the files do get uploaded as if you add a Query String on to the Profile picture URL it displays the updated one, such as here are PoorLep's two profile pics:

Current one:

photo-115529.jpg

http://forum.uploads.cdn.tip.it/profile/photo-115529.jpg

Upcoming one:

photo-115529.jpg?blah

http://forum.uploads.cdn.tip.it/profile/photo-115529.jpg?blah

(would use my own, except I do not actually desire to change my image so I am switching it back)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that deleting the picture changes it to the default image, so it doesn't actually fix the issue as the User Control panel doesn't edit the regular file at all, so the previous image remains on the site

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Seeing as it is pertinent to this conversation, don't the Tip.It Forum Admins also have to confirm Profile Photo changes? :huh:

~D. V. "Just making sure..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It just seems like the images for me arn't updating quick enough. Since the picture did update (which I couldn't tell before), nothing is actually wrong. It still shows the deadmau5 picture as my profile picture, even after hard refreshing, deleting browser history, etc. It's not a huge issue at all since the picture did in face update.

This has to do with the content delivery network (cdn) that we are using to hold images such as profile pictures to reduce the server load on the webserver.

What will this change?

For now, if you upload a new profile photo, it may take up to 3 hours before the photo is updated, so don't worry if it doesn't display immediately. We'll be looking at a way to rectify this if we decide to keep the system full time.

If it still hasn't changed it might indicate an issue with our CDN. Has it still not updated?

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

example.png

Current view of my profile. Image on the left still hasn't updated to the new one, but the images next to the status and the bar at the top have. But since others have said that my image has changed, I'm not sure that it's a problem with the forum at all.

This has to do with the content delivery network (cdn) that we are using to hold images such as profile pictures to reduce the server load on the webserver.

What will this change?

For now, if you upload a new profile photo, it may take up to 3 hours before the photo is updated, so don't worry if it doesn't display immediately. We'll be looking at a way to rectify this if we decide to keep the system full time.

If it still hasn't changed it might indicate an issue with our CDN. Has it still not updated?

Still has not been fixed. for a visual aid in telling when the issue is resolved, the 2 pictures in this post should be identical: http://forum.tip.it/topic/303716-profile-picture-not-changing/page__view__findpost__p__5066291 (one is a direct link to the file, and the other is using Query strings to bypass the outdated version in the cdn's Cache)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

It looks like the picture has been loaded to the CDN, the cache just hasn't updated. Just hang tight until the next cache update for that image and it should sort itself out. :)

Although the delay isn't great, it's better than the forum going down repeatedly because the images are causing too much of a resource draw on the server. :P

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

What also could help is to open the picture in a new window (http://forum.tip.it/uploads/profile/photo-115529.jpg) and hard refresh it. But that can only work if they have both the same name.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!