Being a part of a community

HappyNooblet

I learned that when you want to be a big part of a popular community,

it takes a lot of time and wise decisions to become a... respected figure.

Over the course of, oh what i would say 4 months? that you can't just barge in on something expecting everything to go your way and have everybody do things you want.

You have to get yourself around the situation and finding the best suitable choice/decision to satisfy not only others but yourself.

You can't just hope for the best because there will always be that one thing to annoy you, to get in your way when everything is just all but frustrating; Having to adapt quickly to changes that you are sometimes even unaware of and calming down and staying cool.

You have to have a surplus supply of patience and a humble mind or else you'll be frowned upon and will have a small amount of dignity (or a reasonable amount)in which you need to keep yourself going.

Also being aware of the new people who join the community you're affiliated with daily. 'Cant just keep doing what you need or want to do everyday, sometimes even stop what you're doing to help ones who need it so that they too can advance and make progress along side you, so that later on maybe they can stop and help you too :).

Hard work, working hard, working until no one else is around to notice it, integrity, Though it is nice to have people notice the effort you are putting into your craft, its reasonable to focus on yourself rather than hoping for someone to reward you with words for your dedication.

'May have missed a couple things, but i'm just too tired right now.

waAhvEI.png

You know you can edit the title, right? I've done it for you :)

In my opinon, if you want to join a community, you just need to start posting daily, just 5-6 posts is enough to get noticed. Just ask Duff.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You know you can edit the title, right? I've done it for you :)

In my opinon, if you want to join a community, you just need to start posting daily, just 5-6 posts is enough to get noticed. Just ask Duff.

I was relating to literally anything in general.

All the way from runescape clans, to forums, to irl clubs, teams, and pacts.

waAhvEI.png

Where's the like button when you'd finally need it?

This applies to so much further than just online communities, also hobbies, work, school, politics etc work with same group dynamics, it's truly fascinating to see your role and place in the community forming up. From lurker to retired, there's so much you learn and gain from the community, not to forget the value you yourself give to others in the group, without even fully noticing it in the process.

btw am listening to eminem :shades:

:D Duff's a pretty extreme example, seeing as he makes on average 14.8 posts per day.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

d'awww, he's so cute in his first thread on OT

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

They're always cute until their first religion post. Then they lock themselves away in a bedroom, grow hair in certain places and start smelling funny.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed. Isn't EoE a 'community'? :angry:

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

A few quality posts per day is enough to build up a significant enough rapport to become 'respected' (obviously respect is earned over a longer period of time, but people will take you seriously after quality contributions).

I don't generally post much these days, but I like to think that I post intelligent and thought out things. Even if the community doesn't agree :P

They're always cute until their first religion post. Then they lock themselves away in a bedroom, grow hair in certain places and start smelling funny.

+_50af1fb5f4c9d9b20c533a22d5fb85b6.jpg

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I'm living proof of Ouchy's point; Around OT at least.

I feel the same way bro.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Getting a profile picture is an easy thing you can do to make yourself more noticeable (so you don't have to write as many good posts).

Also you have to be dominant. Or at least partake in all the subtle and unsubtle contests for dominance appropriately (i.e fiercely, but with your claws retracted so no one gets hurt, which would ruin the point of the contest).

I lol'd hard.