glacor help

herpderp

Ok so i tried glacors and got owned couldnt even kill 1 do u need to range/mage switch or what? lvls are 99/99/99 99 hp 92 sum 99 prayer 95 mage have extm mage pots. gear i use fury/infin boots/row/sol/full ahrims/god book what am i doin wrong. Fyi surgebox and arcane are a no i dont do dung

The main thing to do is to switch between Ranged and Magic protection prayers whilst being under attack by the Glacor in question and obviously dodging it's special.

Perhaps might be best currently to have a look at the Glacor guide on the main Tip.it page: Glacor guide, and reading through it as it should hopefully show you some of the basic tactics for kill these.

Also welcome to Tip.it! :D

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

1) No, you don't need anything but magic, but a melee switch would help on the glacytes, especially without an arcane stream necklace.

2) You need to avoid the spike special, pray protect from ranged or magic depending on what the glacor uses, and kill the glacytes. The unstable glacyte also blows up, so be sure to avoid it.

I recommend reading the Tip.It guide on glacor hunting, and consider that hunting glacors without an arcane stream necklace is really not worth it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

1) No, you don't need anything but magic, but a melee switch would help on the glacytes, especially without an arcane stream necklace.

2) You need to avoid the spike special, pray protect from ranged or magic depending on what the glacor uses, and kill the glacytes. The unstable glacyte also blows up, so be sure to avoid it.

I recommend reading the Tip.It guide on glacor hunting, and consider that hunting glacors without an arcane stream necklace is really not worth it.

ive been on tip it before cept my last account before site got hacked was on an email that no longer exists lol so couldnt change my pass.

yeah when i tried them before i saved enduring glacyte last which they say to kill 1st i was constantly getting hit 200-400's

Edited by Kimberly
Please check your PM's, I'll contact you about how you can fix this shortly :)

You need an arcane stream so you have to go get that. Second, I find it helps if you make sure that your camera is as low as possible and looking straight at the glacor. Try to also keep a fair distance from the glacor so you have enough time to switch. Also remember when the glacor sends spikes the next attack is always ranged. I also find it better to use soul split on your first attack as it requires no skill at all towards ss flashing. When the glactyes spawn, run behind an obstacle switch, turn on meelee protect and turmoil and kill the sapping, enduring and unstable in that order. I am guessing a whip will have to do since you cannot use a rapier. Just keep practicing and don't give up and you will find these very easy. Oh and use a unicorn and bring a few brews just in case. And don't practice ss flasing unless you can easily switch between prayers and avoid its special attack.

The tip.it Glacors guide severly undervalues magic atk and overvalues the void melee bonus vs glacytes. Ahrim's is a better choice than void.

The tip.it Glacor guide assumes people will try setups and see what works for them ;). There is no one setup to fit all.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The tip.it Glacors guide severly undervalues magic atk and overvalues the void melee bonus vs glacytes. Ahrim's is a better choice than void.

The tip.it Glacor guide assumes people will try setups and see what works for them ;). There is no one setup to fit all.

This. There are no 'facts' on how dps is calculated, merely guesswork.

Miseryism | Completionist

Ok so i tried glacors and got owned couldnt even kill 1 do u need to range/mage switch or what? lvls are 99/99/99 99 hp 92 sum 99 prayer 95 mage have extm mage pots. gear i use fury/infin boots/row/sol/full ahrims/god book what am i doin wrong. Fyi surgebox and arcane are a no i dont do dung

Refusing to get CSB, ASN, CSS, and rapier are going to severly slow kills, but do as you wish.

Place more emphasis on melee, seeing as you're going to be spending most of your time killing glacytes, especially without a titan.

Swap infinity boots for dragon, ahrim hood for neitz, and continue to use the god book but swap with a ddef and use a decent weapon for the glacyte stage. Seeing as you're not going to have a rapier, a whip (with whip vine if you can) would be the next best option. Also bring an ext atk, str, and def pot with you. I like to use 1 ext melee set, 2 ext mages, a prayer renewal, and ~8 ppots for each trip as it works well, but you'll figure out what works for you soon enough.

NOTE: Keep an eye on the Glacor's attacks while killing the glacytes and prayer switch accordingly. When the glacytes spawn, fire surge the enduring one once. During the attack animation, flip on turmoil, switch to ddef and whip, and select an attack style (you'll need to do this since you were autocasting a spell previously), then attack the sapping glacyte. Move back a bit so that you're about 10-12 spaces from the Glacor, that way the enduring's defence is low enough to kill quickly. Keep an eye on the increasing bar over the unstable glacyte. When it fills completely, the glacyte will freeze in the spot it's in and explode after a second, causing damage to a 3x3 area around it. This attack is easily avoided so long as you pay attention. It becomes second nature to avoid this after several kills. After the sapping glacyte is killed, kill the enduring, and finally the unstable last. Be sure to flip back to leech magic for maging the Glacor.

In terms of praying, the blue orb is mage, and the spikes are range. While protect from range will block the standard range attack 100%, the mage attack will still hit through mage protection, just the damage is minimal. Be careful of their special range attack, which is several spikes that will fly at you at once. Simply move away from where you're standing to avoid this attack. Note that if the Glacor is maging you, and does the special range attack, his next series attacks are going to be all range. Unlike most monsters in RuneScape, you only need to activate the protection prayers before they hit you, not before the Glacor actually casts the attack (like Jad). Use turmoil once the glacytes spawn, and use leech magic whenever you're attacking the Glacor; that is, if you want to/can afford to. It speeds up kills. When you feel comfortable with prayer switching, try to ease off of the unicorn and practice ss'ing (only really need to while maging the glacor) to gain back your hp. This will prepare you for when you begin using iron/steel titans.

Since you don't have an iron or steel titan, I should just stick with a unicorn for occasional healing until you get the hang of things. It couldn't hurt to bring a few rocktail just in case of emergencies also.

Sorry for the long response, but I figured I'd try to help you out as much as possible. Although I HIGHLY suggest getting the chaotics and equipment mentioned earlier, as well as an iron/steel titan for faster kills, these can be killed without them, it just takes longer. Best of luck with boots and effigies!

Trollbomber.png

ok so whats the order for killing glacytes i kill exploding/then enduring save sapping for last i got called a nub for doing that lol, it works out fine i guess just suck down mad p ppots the way i go about it now i barly get dmg dealt to me

Tha's the order I try and kill them in. It doesn't hurt to kill Sapping last, because even though you use more prayer, the Glacor seems to go down a lot faster. Also, there isn't the possibility of the Glacor regenerating health, like the Unstable form does.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Tha's the order I try and kill them in. It doesn't hurt to kill Sapping last, because even though you use more prayer, the Glacor seems to go down a lot faster. Also, there isn't the possibility of the Glacor regenerating health, like the Unstable form does.

Yes. Considering op's refusal to get Arc Stream or Surgebox, a better order for him might be Enduring>Unstable>Sapping, due to how slowly he'll be killing. I have no experience with his setup there though so I couldn't say.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

That's exactly what I was thinking. If the Glacor starts healing, I still can almost never out-DPS it's healing. By the way, if you keep your prayer low, the sapping effect is less. I'd say kill Sapping last in your case.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

well with my set up and extm mage pots i can usually hit 600 700's alot of the time

Which is lower than what you'd hit otherwise. But the important question you need to answer to determine the best order to kill the Glactes with your setup is, if you leave the unstable for last, how often are you unable to kill the Glacor before it starts regenerating? Then compare the costs from the extra spells and prayer required compared with the payer drain from the Glacor and the amount of kills per hour you're getting with the two methods.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I kill them in enduring/unstable>sapping because:

I have/use

-Arc Stream

-Sol

-Fire Wave

-Ahrims

-Extreme Magic

-87 Magic

I still have issues out dpsing the regen if i were to leave the unstable to last. I also found that if i left the unstable last i'd usually take 5-10 secs longer to kill it, instead of knocking it off after the first explosion for 100dmg.

Winarr.png