Hiscores poll

sees_all1

Planned website updates  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Jagex should implement their planned hiscores as described?

2. 2. Do you think free players should be included in the hiscores?

3. 3. Do you think Jagex should remove inactive players from the hiscores?

who cares about f2p players. they don't pay so why should they have any voice in the matter? i pay for my members so i expect 100% access to the game. if you don't pay for the game then you shouldn't even be allowed out of tutorial island. be happy they let you further then that.

There is no Tutorial Island!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does say 80% under the category of "no", but when you remove the people that don't care, it becomes 90%.

...no, that's not how statistics work...

That's how cross tabulating works.

I checked, and I'm pretty sure it's not. If you were taking two questions and showing how they interact, that would be cross tabulating (or at least it might be, depending how you did it). Blatantly ignoring one of the three options on a single question is not that. (If it is, mind explaining? I'd love to learn, honestly; I hadn't heard that term before.)

When I made the statement, I qualified it. "Of the people who care" means of the people who didn't respond "I don't care", which only leaves "Yes" and "No". Statisticians do it all the time in polls, usually their qualifier is "Of likely voters", or "Moderates", etc.

Say those that responded yes are 80%, and those that responded no and don't care are 10% each. Then of those that care, (80% + 10% = 90), 88.9% said yes (80 / 90).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

who cares about f2p players. they don't pay so why should they have any voice in the matter? i pay for my members so i expect 100% access to the game. if you don't pay for the game then you shouldn't even be allowed out of tutorial island. be happy they let you further then that.

Games are meant for FUN, which I don't think you seem to realise.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I wonder whether you would have become a member had you not first explored the f2p world. You don't have to answer it openly or truthfully (for it's easy to say "I immediately bought a month," just to make a point of it here), but answer it for yourself. You'd be surprised that probably 99,99% of the members community would answer the question just like you: first I explored the f2p community, and only after convincing myself that it was worth it, I bought a month (or more) of members.

So you should care about f2p players. You were one yourself. And we are one community - except when people like yourself try to make it appear as if we were two separate communities. A sentiment Jagex seems to support.

I see "divide et impera" at work here.

considering the levels you need to show up in the highscores you would think by the time a f2p member acquired the levels to show up in the highscores they would have "explored" enough of rs to justify spending $5 a month to play the members side of the game. heck, you can see all of the f2p in under a week. if you can't make up your mind if you want to p2p or not, then you clearly aren't playing more than 5 minutes a day and in that case you should care about appearing in the highscores.

When I made the statement, I qualified it. "Of the people who care" means of the people who didn't respond "I don't care", which only leaves "Yes" and "No". Statisticians do it all the time in polls, usually their qualifier is "Of likely voters", or "Moderates", etc.

Say those that responded yes are 80%, and those that responded no and don't care are 10% each. Then of those that care, (80% + 10% = 90), 88.9% said yes (80 / 90).

That makes sense.

Still, that leaves the issue that this poll is a self-selected and therefore likely unrepresentative sample of players, voting from a position of relative ignorance.

(If you accept the seemingly common assumption that the FAQ was a load of meaningless spin, then we have no real information on why Jagex is doing this. Of course , if you accept the FAQ unquestioningly, then you must accept that their move is popular, since it says so. :P There is obviously a middle ground between those two possibilities, how large it is, that's another question entirely )

I voted how I voted. I can honestly say I do not care if F2P has HS. (And like you have been, Please do not continue to include my vote in the against area because I'm indifferent.) It doesn't bug me in the least and I'm sure Jagex made their choice before they told anyone about it. I don't think they were like 'Errr. Well maybe we'll do it, Lets see what others think'. If so, They would have asked wouldn't have they? One would think so. Is it 100% fair? Probally not but then again what in life is? Also for newcomers it could help in the sense they wouldn't feel so far behind, Bogged down by far less accounts when they decide to try and get ranks on the high scores. Right now over 100k people with 99hp, that does seem a bit much doesn't it? Also new players wouldn't be bothered by the lack of high scores as they never had them. Its the diehard F2Pers who are effected and not really anyone else. Im not too worried about them personally because they CHOOSE to seperate themselves from the rest of the runescape community. Nobody forces them to. To be honest I can't wait for the update to just happen so people can stop fighting about it but if you honestly think this poll will change Jagex's mind, you may as well ragequit now. C-ya in a few weeks. :)

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png