Leechers of Society

Red_Sami

The discussion in the 200m thread made me think on this topic. What is a leecher of society? If a person is NEET does it mean he is a leecher ? Am I a leecher

The older I´ve grown, the more I´ve been getting to understand the world, how it works. 5/95 rule exists. 5% people have 95% of money and because what- because other 95 % percent. Music, tv, news - all the media is just a brainwash. Definition of successful life by average person - get good grades, go to college, get a job, save, invest, marry, live happily ever after. Does this scheme work? In the long run it may. Investing your youth in order to "be rich" when you are 70. Enjoying life in the wheelchair seems perfect, right?

I am unemployeed college drop out and I play RS like 10 hours a day, have nearly maxed stats and I love my life: I make over 10k $ a week, best week has been 23957 $. I live healthy, have sixpack abs, play in my countries second division football team and party 3-5 nights a week. I don´t have a girlfriend nor childen... and I don´t care much. I prefer one night stands. Makes life easier. If I find someone, maybe I would even start something, but havent found the speical one yet.

What my point is, everybody should do what they want to do, not what is expected from them.The 5/95 rule exists for a reason. I don´t want to be the one who earns money for the 5%, I just wanna do what like. . I like playing RS. Whatever I do in it, I can always multitask. I research on different things, develop myself, listen to music, watch movies do whatever I want and I love it.

I dont like people putting SUOMI down. I respect him. Playing the game so efficiently need hells of concentration and it is rare in people. Most people would quit in like 3 hours, he manages to do it for years. Ive been working for ages to develop mine, RS has helped quite a lot. At the beginning I could hold my attention to something for max 1 hr, for average adult attention span lasts for 20 minutes, now I could do it for more than 5 h in a row. SUOMI has the money for living. Who cares whether he has a job or not. It does not matter. There´s so few people out there who do what they want, most just do what they "have to"and live a unhappy life. SUOMI is one of the few ones who really does what he likes, what else do you want from life?

I think the question is how he obtained the money to live off. If society at large is paying for him to go on RuneScape all day, then I'll tell you now as a taxpayer myself that I find that an abhorrent waste of public expenditure. There is also the personal reflection of, "What would I do if I were in his shoes?"

Employment gaps in CVs/resumes can kill you in a job interview, if you can't find a decent enough excuse for one being there. "I was the top player in RuneScape and I was the first to get 200m experience in all of its skills" is quite obviously not good enough to an employer who couldn't care less about video gaming at all. Even if some people call what he's done an achievement, it isn't one that many people outside of RuneScape will give any respect for.

So if having 200m in all skills means killing my career opportunities, then I know where the log-off button is.

Let me get this straight:

Some guy in RuneScape has gotten max stats in the game, is not a minor, and people question his career occupation?

Eh, some people find out how to live without a lot of money. Can't explain that!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Let me get this straight:

Some guy in RuneScape has gotten max stats in the game, is not a minor, and people question his career occupation?

Eh, some people find out how to live without a lot of money. Can't explain that!

I believe he's said he made some smart investments, and has enough to live off. If that's what he wants to do with his life, I don't see a problem with it.

This thread seems very pointless, insofar as I can't understand why someone making some sound investments reflects badly on them.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I understand now and yeah, he can do whatever he wants. Some people do this but with drugs and they are idolized by teenagers/young adults. What's the different of RuneScape?

Also, remember "anybody lower level than me is a noob, anybody higher has no life" that's the cause of these "haters". OP doesn't know that he's wasting his efforts trying to deprove them.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I remember talking about this in that 200m skills thread :^_^:

SUOMI says he doesn't live off his parents' money or government welfare even though he plays Runescape 14-18 hours a day, so I guess in his case he's not being a drain on society. Who are we to criticize how he spends his free time?

But there are lots of MMO addicts out there (know some personally) who are extremely addicted to whatever games they're playing. They end up living in their parents' house well into their 20's without ever seeking a job or entering any form of education.

That's what I would define as a leech, and that's why it was brought up in the 200m XP in all skills thread.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Mine too. £40 at Iceland in frozen ready meals will get you much more food than £40 at my local flag market would in fresh produce.

Eating healthy is one thing, leading an active and healthy lifestyle is another. I can't imagine the latter is accomplished while playing RuneScape in a social isolation of sorts.

All I see is a big block of text with no paragraphs. Hurts my eyes.

This.

Even after reading it a second time, I still cannot understand the entire point of this thread since it doesn't sound very clear and articulate. Otherwise, I would've made my opinion already. :mellow:

If you do not purposely rely on society for your needs, I don't think you are a leech. If you can afford it to have no job/education/etc, and choose the play RS all day, well, up to you.

Wether it is a smart choice referring to your future carreer possibilities, that's another story.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

At least pay the 4m if you're gonna leech.

On a serious note, you're unemployed but you make 10k a week? Doing what? That is not any kind of money to merely scoff at.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

He plays runescape 10 hours a day, somehow has the time to play football on a national level, goes out a few times a week and earns over 500k a year?

Am I the only person thinking he is a 15 year old making up a story? He respects someone for their runescape account, and thinks a 6 pack is a big deal ffs..

He plays runescape 10 hours a day, somehow has the time to play football on a national level, goes out a few times a week and earns over 500k a year?

Am I the only person thinking he is a 15 year old making up a story? He respects someone for their runescape account, and thinks a 6 pack is a big deal ffs..

Or a very good macro.

siggy3s.jpg

I think this seems like a plausible explanation:

They engage in illicit activities such as RWTing any won monies from staking, which is shared between two or three people who have access to the account.

By the way - sometimes when people give 'weekly' figures - they'd give their highest earning for a week instead of their average weekly earnings. In other words, it's inconsistent, as they may only be 'employed' one in four weeks.