Coffee in Runescape

Hello. As a coffee fanatic I was sitting sipping a cup when it hit me. We have tea in the game. So why can't we have coffee?

It could be a food that heals a certain amount and since it is coffee, it could restore a small bit of you energy from the caffiene.

Players could buy it from stores or make it themselves by growing a coffee tree (add to farming xp), picking the beans once the tree is fully grown, roast them over a fire (maybe add to cooking xp), using a mortar and pestil to grind them up into grounds, and using these with a cup of hot water (add to cooking xp).

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

And then we might as well be able to drink milk straight from the bucket (incidentally, why can't we?), and then add milk tea, and maybe different types of coffee like latte, expresso, etc; and then add orange juice, and maybe Coca Cola, and while we are at it why not add Pepsei? Hey, I want to have Fanta too!

I know, I am being irrational. I'm just showing why we shouldn't have everything in Runescape that we have in Real Life.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I can see it now...

Use Gnome Crunchie with Guthix Rest Tea.

W007 0wn493!

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Wow. I thought I would at least get one person say it was a good idea. :P

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

What? I never said it was a bad idea, did I?

I was thinking, since Coffee has the exact opposite effect of Alcohol (In case you don't know, Alcohol slows down Neural Activities, while Coffee speeds it up), then it would be logical to say that drinking coffee will result in an increase in Attack, but a decrease in Strength.

Does anyone use the Drink effect though? = ="

~Toxicologist~

If it were added, I think it might involve the White Tree Fruit from the Garden of Tranquility, as it heals health (3 at a time) and energy (8 at a time). Perhaps turning it into a drink form would make it more effective :wink:

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Toxicologist, you can add milk to tea...nettle tea that is.

I wouldnt mind, as long as its only 5% run energy.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Did they have pizza in the middle ages? nope.

chocolate? nope.

Im all for coffee, it sounds great. Heck, make it so the beans can be gained only through farming, and it may even increase the number of people who farm (or perhaps it may lower the number of people who make coffee... :?}

It's a good idea, especially since it has potential to be complimentary to what, 2 or 3 different skills? But did they have coffee back in the middle ages?

They did in South America where coffee originated, I believe it was brought to Europe a little later than the middle ages however.

A South American themed part of the world would be interesting... some Mayan pyramids, giant anacondas to fight and a quest to locate El Dorado.

Oh, and coffee.

siganizq4.gif

Runescape is not set in the middle ages, its set in ...*gets shot by Paul Gower*

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Toxicologist, you can add milk to tea...nettle tea that is.

I wouldnt mind, as long as its only 5% run energy.

Ahh, but you cannot drink milk directly from a bucket, can you? Neither can you dunk a Gnome Crunchie into Guthix Rest Tea.

And since when did I state you cannot add milk to tea? I never said that... oh! Milk tea! I see lol.

~Toxicologist~