Something in the middle of the Wilderness Volcano

Naraku893

Dunno if someone figured out already, but it seems like the inscription says "behave". Sent a pic about this to a friend that knows about runic scripts (he's studying norse mythology), and he told me that: altho it looks like each script (except for 2nd and 6th) is taken from different specific variations, they are also the ones used the most empirically. It kind of makes sense, since "behave" have an "e" for the 2nd and 6th letter, and the inscription have the same script for 2nd and 6h letter aswell, also, the "B" is extremely obvious.

Also, the crater is almost exactly at the middle of the wilderness, and, altho it is known Guthix stopped the God Wars, it has never been said how he did it exactly. The object in question looks like a hilt, it is common to have inscriptions (in the case of a hilt having one) facing down when wielding/using a sword, but the other way around when carrying them (so it becomes readable when you are not using it, aka, the blade facing down). So let's see, it has the Guthix symbol, it looks like a hilt, have the characteristics of a hilt, it is placed right in the middle of the wilderness (that was the biggest battlefield during God Wars making it the perfect place to stop it if having the means, which Guthix had); see where I'm going to? This is what Guthix used to stop the God Wars.

And one last thing; am I the only one who noticed how the geography in the crater/volcano has changed proportionally to this object? Like, when it was bounty hunters, it was a quite tall volcano, then it was a little-above-ground level volcano/crater, and now it's a under-ground level crater with a huge sword in it.

It does in fact, say "Behafe" in medieval runic script. The symbols for F and V are extremely similar though, so it might just be a typo.

altho it is known Guthix stopped the God Wars, it has never been said how he did it exactly.

Wrong.

We explicitly know Guthix stopped the Godwars using the power of the Stone of Jas, which he slammed into the ground which created the impression of the stone know as the Fist of Guthix.

Then he went to hide the Stone in the cave from WGS under Lumbridge and on his way out stopped to weep which created the Tears of Guthix.

Given proximity and Guthixian symbol I'd say that logically this does having something to do with that chain of events; perhaps that obelisk like shard is the magically artefact summoned via the Stone of Jas that radiates out across the world to halt the troops; or perhaps its what upholds the Guthixian Edicts (No gods may walk upon or directly interfere with the world)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Actually, didn't it say in the video about some of the concepts for future updates that in the new bounty hunter there was gonna be some sort of insane drop from targets that can be passed round people?

Or something like that anyway..

Yeah, this was the concept art shown at Runefest when Mod Mark talked about the new bounty hunter game. The essence of it was that someone would get an incredibly powerful weapon, but everyone would be against him to get the weapon for themselves. Eventually he'll get slain, someone else will get the weapon and it will go on like that.

Dunno if someone figured out already, but it seems like the inscription says "behave". Sent a pic about this to a friend that knows about runic scripts (he's studying norse mythology), and he told me that: altho it looks like each script (except for 2nd and 6th) is taken from different specific variations, they are also the ones used the most empirically. It kind of makes sense, since "behave" have an "e" for the 2nd and 6th letter, and the inscription have the same script for 2nd and 6h letter aswell, also, the "B" is extremely obvious.

Also, the crater is almost exactly at the middle of the wilderness, and, altho it is known Guthix stopped the God Wars, it has never been said how he did it exactly. The object in question looks like a hilt, it is common to have inscriptions (in the case of a hilt having one) facing down when wielding/using a sword, but the other way around when carrying them (so it becomes readable when you are not using it, aka, the blade facing down). So let's see, it has the Guthix symbol, it looks like a hilt, have the characteristics of a hilt, it is placed right in the middle of the wilderness (that was the biggest battlefield during God Wars making it the perfect place to stop it if having the means, which Guthix had); see where I'm going to? This is what Guthix used to stop the God Wars.

And one last thing; am I the only one who noticed how the geography in the crater/volcano has changed proportionally to this object? Like, when it was bounty hunters, it was a quite tall volcano, then it was a little-above-ground level volcano/crater, and now it's a under-ground level crater with a huge sword in it.

It does in fact, say "Behafe" in medieval runic script. The symbols for F and V are extremely similar though, so it might just be a typo.

Actually, in old norse, f and v have usually been interchangeable, some difference were added with newer futhark (runic alphabet) though. So "behafe" is not really even a typo.

altho it is known Guthix stopped the God Wars, it has never been said how he did it exactly.

Wrong.

We explicitly know Guthix stopped the Godwars using the power of the Stone of Jas, which he slammed into the ground which created the impression of the stone know as the Fist of Guthix.

Then he went to hide the Stone in the cave from WGS under Lumbridge and on his way out stopped to weep which created the Tears of Guthix.

Not true. During a cutscene in ROTM, you see Saradomin drawing power from the Stone of Jas to heal Commander Zilyana. You can see that the place the stone is in looks an awful lot like the Fist of Guthix cave. That was where the stone was located during the God Wars. Berenice still has a point, we're not entirely sure how Guthix stopped the wars.

I think the giant sword sticking out of the ground is somehow related. It supposedly says "BEHAVE" on it - a fitting message from Guthix to the warring gods.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Wrong.

Not true. During a cutscene in ROTM, you see Saradomin drawing power from the Stone of Jas to heal Commander Zilyana. You can see that the place the stone is in looks an awful lot like the Fist of Guthix cave. That was where the stone was located during the God Wars. Berenice still has a point, we're not entirely sure how Guthix stopped the wars.

I think the giant sword sticking out of the ground is somehow related. It supposedly says "BEHAVE" on it - a fitting message from Guthix to the warring gods.

Exactly, as for the cutscene, it looks like it happened WAY BEFORE the end of the God Wars and let's not forget the Stone of Jas has been on different hands from time to time, if I'm not mistaken Guthix used it on the first age only, and Saradomin on the third age (God Wars) hence its other name "Eye of Saradomin".

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

I went up to look at this just now, out of curiosity, and this is what I saw:

theraptorandthewilderness.png

theraptorandthewilderness2.png

It's glitched because he's stuck in there, and I ran around and around the thing try to talk to him, but couldn't. He was there at least a minute or so before dispersing. He never moved or turned from that spot. I really, really wish I could have talked to him!

Edit: I just logged back in to RS from posting this and he randomly appeared again. Wasn't there when I logged in, but appeared afterwards.

Edit2: and he disappeared again. Only seems to hang about for a few minutes.

And something else I noticed while hanging around was all the ruins examined as demonic ruins. Does this mean there use to be a demonic city or something that was destroyed? Also, why is it still called a volcano when it now looks far more like an impact crater?

Ok, this is the last post, I promise, but if you look carefully, the ruins float (they actually move up and down if you watch them in RS) and they are chained to the ground to keep them from floating away! Does this mean that this is the destroyed remains of a floating demonic city? And if this is true, why is it called a volcano. It doesn't even have the lava in it anymore.

theruinsfloat.png

The raptor shows up at specific places around runescape, guessing he's stuck there because that's one of the spots he used to spawn before this update, albeit on ground level as the crater is now under-ground level, so it's not a surprise he's stuck, this happens a lot when remodeling places around runescape where even players can get stuck.

Read our previous posts on this page to get your answer.

Wrong.

Exactly, as for the cutscene, it looks like it happened WAY BEFORE the end of the God Wars and let's not forget the Stone of Jas has been on different hands from time to time, if I'm not mistaken Guthix used it on the first age only, and Saradomin on the third age (God Wars) hence its other name "Eye of Saradomin".

Yes we saw Sara using it, the stone got abused that why Guthix hid it. (Though there's no definite proof other God's used it. Guthix used it during first age and hid it, Lunar clan discovered it, then the Kethsian's ended up with invoking the Dragonkin, then Sara had it hidden and used it during Godwars, Guthix showed up whacked it into ground banishing the gods and ending the war and hid it again then next use is Lucien nicking it in WGS. Is all we know of the stone historically)

But we know from quests Guthix used its power to end the war and that he punched it into the ground, thus creating the impression at FoG.

Logically speaking Guthix would of appeared by the stone, where Sara had it hidden, and then used its power. Taking the stone away with him.

Sure we do not know precise details, hence I said that sword thing may relate especially given proximity, but we do categorically know Guthix used the stone to end the war and he punched it into the ground to do so.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, I find it really odd, how to tie in the shard thing within the story. I hope they're not rewriting their stories. :s I mean, FOG isn't even located anymore in the Wilderness and that's maybe why they may be altering the story a bit, by replacing the crushing of the stone of Jas in the FOG cave with impaling the Gielinor with a large swordlike thingy, warping the whole place aroud it and blasting the whole wilderness, well, into a wilderness.

Wrong.

Yes we saw Sara using it, the stone got abused that why Guthix hid it. (Though there's no definite proof other God's used it. Guthix used it during first age and hid it, Lunar clan discovered it, then the Kethsian's ended up with invoking the Dragonkin, then Sara had it hidden and used it during Godwars, Guthix showed up whacked it into ground banishing the gods and ending the war and hid it again then next use is Lucien nicking it in WGS. Is all we know of the stone historically)

But we know from quests Guthix used its power to end the war and that he punched it into the ground, thus creating the impression at FoG.

Logically speaking Guthix would of appeared by the stone, where Sara had it hidden, and then used its power. Taking the stone away with him.

Sure we do not know precise details, hence I said that sword thing may relate especially given proximity, but we do categorically know Guthix used the stone to end the war and he punched it into the ground to do so.

Have you done rotm? this is the cutscene we're talking about:

JagexLauncher2011-09-1411-29-14-31.png

Can you show us where does it say that guthix used the stone to stop the God Wars or in what quest is this revealed?

As I recall, fist of Guthix is unrelated to Guthix stopping the God Wars, in fact, fist of Guthix was the result of Guthix attempting to destroy the stone, pretty sure one of the fog guys tells you that. Also, the events in kethsi happened in the 4th age (after God Wars and even way after the creation of fog, since the stone was hidden as Guthix couldn't destroy it) and I'm assuming you tried posting series of event chronologically. It has never been said how Guthix stopped the God Wars, just that he did. We are debating what are the chances that, what now lies in the middle of the wilderness, might be related to how Guthix stopped the God Wars, if not giving an answer; which is actually making sense with the "proof" we are gathering.

And there is definite proof other Gods used it. All of the 3 "big" gods used it at some point, Guthix during the first, Zamorak during the second (albeit, he used to achieve godhood), Saradomin during the third, and then Guthix again at some point between 3rd and 4th, with the intention of destroying it but ended up creating fog instead (he couldn't destroy it and he hid it, which unleashed the chain of events we know regarding 2 of the grandmaster quests).

The raptor shows up at specific places around runescape, guessing he's stuck there because that's one of the spots he used to spawn before this update, albeit on ground level as the crater is now under-ground level, so it's not a surprise he's stuck, this happens a lot when remodeling places around runescape where even players can get stuck.

funny, i reread everything and I don't see anyone mentioning that the ruins surrounding the thing in the middle: a) examine as demonic or b) are floating, only held down to the ground by chains

I surmise that the ruins were caused when this thing seemingly crashed onto RS, so I think considering how these ruins got here to be clues to what the thing is. The demonic thing makes me think some kind of connection with Zamarok, but the floating makes me think of Armadyl and his Avananis, and clan citadels. Or, seeing how the wilderness was ravaged by the god wars, maybe the god wars knocked everything down before this thing crashed in. Either way, Jagex either plans something lore wise that makes the thing still a volcano, or they need to rename it a crater, because the way it looks graphically now, it appears that it was created by the impact of this object. The place was even originally called the bounty hunter crater (see http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Wilderness_Volcano + my own memory)

I believe that at some point you are told that Guthix ended the god wars by telling the waring gods that they had to either follow the Guthixian edicts or he would destroy all of Gielinor. But regardless, here is the quote about Guthix ending the god wars.

Both Saradomin and Zamorak were compelled by my power to cease their direct interference on my world of RuneScape as when last they walked my realm it wast nearly destroyed by their squabbling.

There wast no specific incident that hath caused this, I had simply had my fill of their wars destroying my beautiful planet and prevented them from interfering anymore.

They are however both mightily powerful, and I cannot fully prevent their indirect actions upon the world.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/God_Letters_Issue_13

This doesn't say anything about the stone of jas being used, but it certainly doesn't preclude that either. Either way, I'm still not convinced that this is guthixian . Basically the evidence for that so far has been "it looks very Guthix-y" and it might say behave on it. All we really know is that it was used as concept art at runefest for a new BH.

It just seems more logical to me that it came down during the godwars, instead of afterwards.

Rule of thumb in RuneScape - If it has some sort of a God symbol on it - it represents the said god. And the sword has Guthis symbol, rather big one as well. So you being convinced it's guthixian or not, doesn't change the fact it has a snake thingy on the top of it.

Wall of text

funny, i reread everything and I don't see anyone mentioning that the ruins surrounding the thing in the middle: a) examine as demonic or b) are floating, only held down to the ground by chains

Actually, by that I meant the object in question and the geographical changes in the volcano, now crater, that he/she was asking about.

As for the pilars, they certainly are the left over of whatever was in that place. Place hit by a god's weapon from the god itself, you can except... unusual things to happen, guessing the few pilars that are left just show an attempt to keep what's left of that place on ground. Also notice how the crater attracts creatures of demonic nature, plus the pilar themselves hint about this, probably was a Zamorakian Stronghold where most of the war was focused on, enough to have followers (and the gods themselves) of all factions gathered in the same place, perfect place to literally nail a warning.

This is obviously the work of Guthix, for many already mentioned reasons (the symbol, the key location and features hinting to how he stopped the God Wars, etc...) plus what other god would ask others to behave? What other god would leave a warning that says behave in the middle of the biggest battlefield that ever existed in runescape? Dunno about you, but I can't think of any other god than the one who built the place and have all the rights over it (as a matter of speaking, doesn't mean we now have to argue about who built what or not).

Edit: Wilderness_Volcano_center_purpose.png